Free ubp package

It depends on when you booked your cruise. If its a new (recent) booking then there will be the 18% added to the price.

So the drinks are free but the gratuities are not included for each drink and you will get it added to your final bill at the end of the cruise ? Is it a 15 drink limit? THANK YOU....

So the drinks are free but the gratuities are not included for each drink and you will get it added to your final bill at the end of the cruise ? Is it a 15 drink limit? THANK YOU....

No and no.

There are two "free UBPs" essentially...

1) the "old" terms, where the gratuities were included in the promotion

2) the "new" terms, where the passenger pays the gratuities.

If you are under #1, then there are no additional gratuities due onboard. If you are under #2, then the gratuities are added to your FINAL PAYMENT prior to sailing, and there are no additional gratuities due onboard.

UBP Terms: http://www.ncl.com/terms/ultimate-beverage-package

"New" Promo Terms: http://www.ncl.com/termsandconditions/waveaug15?hide_hf=true

The Promo Terms explain the gratuities associated with the free UBP.

Edited by triptolemus

No and no.

There are two "free UBPs" essentially...

1) the "old" terms, where the gratuities were included in the promotion

2) the "new" terms, where the passenger pays the gratuities.

If you are under #1, then there are no additional gratuities due onboard. If you are under #2, then the gratuities are added to your FINAL PAYMENT prior to sailing, and there are no additional gratuities due onboard.

UBP Terms: http://www.ncl.com/terms/ultimate-beverage-package

"New" Promo Terms: http://www.ncl.com/termsandconditions/waveaug15?hide_hf=true

The Promo Terms explain the gratuities associated with the free UBP.

Thanks for the help...

If you are booking through the UK site UBP gratuity is included.

plus it's applicable to inside cabins on sailings from 1st Oct-31 March.

yippee.

the same for our booking with a TA in Germany

I have a questions regarding the UBP and I did not want to create another thread...so:

For sodas, will you get a mug or something like that, like on RCCL for using them on Coke Freestlye machines? Or do they bring the drinks to the table? When eating at the buffet for example

the same for our booking with a TA in Germany

I have a questions regarding the UBP and I did not want to create another thread...so:

For sodas, will you get a mug or something like that, like on RCCL for using them on Coke Freestlye machines? Or do they bring the drinks to the table? When eating at the buffet for example

If one buys the soda package they get a refillable mug. You don't get one with UBP. However, there are no self-serve machines. You must order your sodas from a bar or server.

Does anyone know (I haven't seen it mentioned yet) with this UBP, do you have to sign a receipt with every order? Or is it just like the soda package, you present you card with the sticker on it and they give you a drink? Or actually...is there even a sticker on the card? Is that how they tell you have the UBP? Do they scan your card each time you ask for a drink?

This will be the first time we have ever had this package and have no clue how it works. We have already paid the 18% grats on this. :)

Does anyone know (I haven't seen it mentioned yet) with this UBP, do you have to sign a receipt with every order? Or is it just like the soda package, you present you card with the sticker on it and they give you a drink? Or actually...is there even a sticker on the card? Is that how they tell you have the UBP? Do they scan your card each time you ask for a drink?

This will be the first time we have ever had this package and have no clue how it works. We have already paid the 18% grats on this. :)

Stickers should be on your key card when you receive it. Cards are scanned each time and you do sign a receipt for each drink.

Yes... they swipe your card each time.

Yes... you are presented with a ticket to sign each time. The 18% auto-grat shows up on the ticket, although you are not charged for it. You can add an additional tip if desired.

Yes... your card has a sticker. Your card will be given to you at check-in with the sticker, or you may have to obtain the sticker once on board. It can go either way.

If your card should become separated from its sticker for whatever reason, the UBP is tied to your account in the computer. You can get another sticker, or just tell the server/bartender that you have UBP.

Obligatory "UBP in Action" pic...

UBP2.jpg

Edited by triptolemus

Stickers should be on your key card when you receive it. Cards are scanned each time and you do sign a receipt for each drink.

I figured as much but wanted to make sure.

Yes... you are presented with a ticket to sign each time. The 18% auto-grat shows up on the ticket, although you are not charged for it. You can add an additional tip if desired.

Yes... your card has a sticker. Your card will be given to you at check-in with the sticker, or you may have to obtain the sticker once on board. It can go either way.

If your card should become separated from its sticker for whatever reason, the UBP is tied to your account in the computer. You can get another sticker, or just tell the server/bartender that you have UBP.

UBP2.jpg

Thanks so much for all the info and the picture showing what the cards looked like as well. :D

UBP2.jpg

On our recent cruise to Alaska we had both the UDP & UBP printed right on our card and no sticker. Yes we did have to sign each time but nothing showed up on our account.:)

I will say that I'm very disappointed in the drinks though. I don't drink a lot but was looking forward to trying some new drinks on board. Even though drinks on board have always been watered down but any I ordered were ridiculous. I ordered a Bahama Mama and it was so sugary that I couldn't drink it. I tried a few different ones including a BBC which tasted okay but I seriously doubt if there was any booze at all in it but if there was it absolutely wasn't a true amount. I finally just started ordering my usual Canadian Club and diet coke but even that was watered down and by day 2 they said they no longer had any on board. :confused::mad: Really? I tried in several places and no luck. I am glad I didn't pay for this as I would have been mad enough to complain but since I don't drink a lot it wasn't a big deal just disappointing.

PS... I don't drink beer but that pic makes it look good enough to have a sip.

Edited by cruiseat50