aft RFS on the Freedom

Im booked in GS 1248 and just now Aft RFS 9708 has became available.I held it for now and was wondering what anybody could tell me about this cabin.it would cost me $352 to upgrade.Its just my wife and i so is it really worth the extra $.Also ive never stayed in an aft cabin before.Thanks

Im booked in GS 1248 and just now Aft RFS 9708 has became available.I held it for now and was wondering what anybody could tell me about this cabin.it would cost me $352 to upgrade.Its just my wife and i so is it really worth the extra $.Also ive never stayed in an aft cabin before.Thanks

The RFS is much bigger and has a much bigger balcony than the GS, and for $352 that's a great price for the upgrade. Just be aware that the aft balconies on Freedom & Voyager Class ships have a somewhat obstructed view due to the ship's superstructure on the aft. Also, the aft balconies on deck 10 will be able to look down on your balcony, so you lose some privacy there. If these are not big issues to you I'd pay the extra $ and go for the RFS. Enjoy!

$352 total to Move? I would do it in a heartbeat.

Your present cabin is really far forward anyway. So it's not like you will be saving steps getting from place to place.

Most of the action is in the back of the ship anyway. Since you have never sailed aft before. Sure sounds like a good time to try it.

You will have a awesome view of the wake. We have never stayed in that class of cabin but I'm sure it will be outstanding.

Jimbo:)

Go ahead and move... We were in RFS 8414 in May and loved it. You will like more living space and much larger balcony, which alone would be worth it for me...

Stayed in 9406 in 2013 and the 'obstruction' from the ships structure is minor and I would not let it affect my choice. You can search for some photographs of the stern of freedom to see for yourself.

I would do the upgrade in a flash.

Is there a minimum occupancy for these suites?

Edited by RocketMan275

Stayed in 9406 in 2013 and the 'obstruction' from the ships structure is minor and I would not let it affect my choice. You can search for some photographs of the stern of freedom to see for yourself.

I would do the upgrade in a flash.

Is there a minimum occupancy for these suites?

no its letting me book for 2 all the suites have been booked far awhile now but i check everyday anyway and this became available this morning.I was wondering mostly about the view and with having different rooms does it feel small.I like large bright rooms.Thanks

We have booked Freedom RFS 8414 on a cruise this fall. ChattTN (or anyone who has stayed in a RFS since the January dry dock), I noticed you wrote your group was in this suite in May. Do you know if this RFS (or all of them) received any attention during the January dry dock or since that time? Aside from new cabins and some re-organization / renovation of some public spaces, it appears the renovation efforts put into the cabins were uneven - some cabins completely refurbished, others not touched. Neither I or our TA have been able to find much information. Our calls to RCI (us and TA) resulted in conflicting and opposite information. Any information you can offer would be greatly appreciated. New carpet, upholstery, bedding, updated bathrooms, etc.?

If you have any pictures of cabin or balcony, it would be awesome to see them!

A few questions:

impressions of ship / short review of cruise?

overall general impression of the cabin - positive?

Any issues not specific to your cruise that other passengers in this cabin should be aware of?

Is the second, smaller bedroom large enough for four teens? This is a family reunion cruise that includes four fifteen year-old girls. As a side note, and this after having read many posts about swarms of teenage girls on certain ships this summer, the girls are well-traveled with plenty of cruise experience. They understand the deal - loose leash but one with regular report-in times, clear expectations of good behavior at all times and in all circumstances, and back-in-cabin no later than 11pm unless with parents.

Did the balcony furniture have cushions? Any issues with the furniture?

Is soot still an occasional issue on the balcony?

Was there any privacy on the balcony (we understand it juts out from the balcony above).

We know the balcony offers a partially obstructed view. The few images we have seen of the view did not seem that bad. Was this much of an issue?

Any hints, advice, or suggestions you can offer from your experience in 8414?

Was the Concierge Lounge updated or changed?

Thanks very much in advance!

We have stayed in #9708 a few times on both Liberty and Indy...Wonderful RFS cabin...lots of room and a huge balcony...we ate many breakfasts out there. The wake view from this balcony amazing and had no soot or vibration trouble. Enjoy you're getting it at a great price point..especially for two passengers.

What about soot and vibration.also how about the view down from this cabin into the water.Thanks

Do the upgrade. We just upgraded from an aft JS to aft RFS for our Enchantment cruise in 10 days. It's just my wife and I as well.

As for the view down it will not be the same on Freedom as the superstructure prohibits the view directly down as the balcony itself will be set back a bit.

Soot is a possibility on Freedom,we had just a little on a couple of days, and as far as vibration the only time we noticed any was as the ship was pulling into or out of ports.

Edited by cruisingsince94

We were in the JS above it. No vibration, lots of soot

John was that recent after dry dock and how about the view through the so called super structure?what do you think of the switch from our GS?thanks

Edited by mark22mac

I'm in the minority here, but I much prefer a GS to the RFS. There is no comfortable chair in the RFS; just a couch which in our experience was not comfortable having no arms. Having two small bathrooms was a plus, I guess, but with just the two of us, I preferred the much larger bathroom in the GS. And you probably will have considerable soot on the balcony. No problem with plenty of light in the RFS.

John was that recent after dry dock and how about the view through the so called super structure?what do you think of the switch from our GS?thanks

That was from this past June. The only benefit to RFS with only two people is the hot tub. View was fine from our floor. I doubt you will see much of the water with that big blue area between you and the outer rail. Lots of ping pong balls though. :sly:

1439672576520.jpg.f03ae7fcb35db7a5b35e999fabfe3382.jpg

1439672623142.jpg.1ce2feb7c61c2ac2d46d609acb06110b.jpg

1439672667484.jpg.f42e96c130fc829ae73599064eda20f7.jpg

That was from this past June. The only benefit to RFS with only two people is the hot tub. View was fine from our floor. I doubt you will see much of the water with that big blue area between you and the outer rail. Lots of ping pong balls though. :sly:

That looks like the Presidential Family Suite on deck six not the RFS on deck nine.

"Hot Tub" :confused:...Not any of those in the Freedom class RFS ;)

I have stayed in the RFS on Freedom and it was wonderful. Two bathrooms, master bath has tub/shower combo (lots of room to shower in. Three TV's so the six of us could watch news, cartoons, and movies without conflict. Four teens could fit in the second bedroom (bunks) or two could sleep in the living room. Balcony -- HUGE! We had 4 (yes FOUR) lounge chairs IN Addition to a decent size table and four chairs to go around it. When the main dining room is open, ANYTHING on that menu is available for room service. To th couple thinking of moving up, can you picture yourselves dining on th balcony at sunset on lobster or prime rib and skipping the main dining room? Loved our aft RFS. We also were traveling with another couple in the adjoining room. They had some soot, but we did not. When we opened the door between the rooms, we had a three bedroom suite::)

No. Like I said he's talking about the Presidential Family Suite , not the RFS OP was asking about. Take a look at the pics he posted.

Yes those pics look like 6414 on deck 6 which is 3 decks lower than the one I asked about so that blue thing is probably less of a factor on the higher decks.

Thanks everyone.Royal is giving me the run around telling me that cabin shouldnt have been released to their website.It was a glitch in the system and you still need 5 people to book it.Even though i held it online with 2 people.

Thanks everyone.Royal is giving me the run around telling me that cabin shouldnt have been released to their website.It was a glitch in the system and you still need 5 people to book it.Even though i held it online with 2 people.

I think that you may have been talking with an inexperienced rep.

These suites and others that hold 5 or more are often released on line for bookings only having a 2 person requirement. This is typically done close to the sail date. Hopefully you still have the hold or can renew the hold and call back and get another agent.