Can you book more than one stateroom ?

Rubynic

We have an Alaska cruise booked for next year in a balcony cabin. We are tempted for the first time to treat ourselves to a suite for this cruise but this would depend on our financial position when the time comes for final payment. Is it possible to make 2 bookings for the same cruise and then 'cancel' one before final payment is due ? We would pay the deposit with a FCC - would this be just returned to our account ? Grateful for any advice on this.

A few years ago, I called several TAs for a quote. When I went to book, the TA I picked found that another TA (different agency) had made a booking. We had to get Princess to cancel it so the booking I wanted could be made. Sounds like you can not double book.

A possibility would be to book you with xxx in one cabin and your spouse with yyy in the other cabin. Cancel and substitute one of you into the cabin. I think there is a $50 fee for substituting some one.

We've had several cruises booked 2x because when I checked with one TA she would automatically put a hold on the cabin. I booked with another TA for the same cruise and both appeared in my personalizer. Go ahead and try it and I think you'll see that it is possible.

Not possible. I just tried it. I had a suite booked on the Island from the first day they announced the change and was told it was a wrap around balcony by Princess and it showed it on the deck plan. My ta had also called all of her connections and they all said it was a wrap around one. The

Then months later a few pictures showed up and it appeared not to wrap around. The suite below did appear to have the wrap balcony . I was not happy so I asked my ta to book both and I would decide when we actually knew for sure.

I figured it was a reasonable request since I had booked it because of the balcony and wasn't looking for a price drop. I knew I would be upset if it did not wrap around and wanted to change cabins before they were all booked.

She was able to hold it for a couple days but that was it.

Not possible. I just tried it. I had a suite booked on the Island from the first day they announced the change and was told it was a wrap around balcony by Princess and it showed it on the deck plan. My ta had also called all of her connections and they all said it was a wrap around one. The

Then months later a few pictures showed up and it appeared not to wrap around. The suite below did appear to have the wrap balcony . I was not happy so I asked my ta to book both and I would decide when we actually knew for sure.

I figured it was a reasonable request since I had booked it because of the balcony and wasn't looking for a price drop. I knew I would be upset if it did not wrap around and wanted to change cabins before they were all booked.

She was able to hold it for a couple days but that was it.

As I said I had 2 bookings for the same cruise in my personalizer but guess one was a hold while the other was a booking. They were with different TA's and I had to specifically cancel one which is why I thought you cold book 2. Sorry if I passed on incorrect info.

A few years ago, I called several TAs for a quote. When I went to book, the TA I picked found that another TA (different agency) had made a booking. We had to get Princess to cancel it so the booking I wanted could be made. Sounds like you can not double book.

That very thing happened to me last month. One TA made a booking in a part of the ship I did not want.

When I had a different TA book for me, I had 2 bookings.

I simply emailed the TA that jumped the gun and had her cancel.

My 2 bookings were real bookings...not holds. I was able to go into both personalizers and complete the required information (passport, DOB, etc).

Edited by JF - retired RRT

We currently have two cabins booked for a cruise next fall. It was definitely possible just a month ago.

Is one in your name and the other in your spouses name? :confused: My TA told me Princess does not allow double booking. If that were true, a few could monopolize all the best cabins waiting for sales, etc.

Even if it were possible, which everybody says it isn't, wouldn't you get fouled up with trip insurance? All the trip insurance I ever bought was non-refundable and had to be purchased way before final payment. I don't know if some providers don't ask for details on cabin cost or not, but it seems to me that this could be a problem. Just wondering here, and I'll be interested to see what people think about this.

Is one in your name and the other in your spouses name? :confused: My TA told me Princess does not allow double booking. If that were true' date=' a few could monopolize all the best cabins waiting for sales, etc.[/b']

Both bookings are in both our names. I'm afraid your TA is wrong. I just tried again to do it and it's still possible. I've done it where one cabin was a GTY but also where both were specific cabin bookings.

I don't think monopolizing cabins is an issue; one needs either FCCs or to pay the deposit for all bookings. It's no different than booking a cruise not knowing whether you'll be able to take it and canceling at final payment. Each cabin sells 7 times per cruise, and is cancelled 6 times; Princess is not surprised by cancellations.

We don't pay for insurance until final payment so there's no insurance issue. One of the cabins is always cancelled by final payment.

You can also book on two different ships at the same time, and two different excursions as the same time.

Both bookings are in both our names. I'm afraid your TA is wrong. I just tried again to do it and it's still possible. I've done it where one cabin was a GTY but also where both were specific cabin bookings.

I don't think monopolizing cabins is an issue; one needs either FCCs or to pay the deposit for all bookings. It's no different than booking a cruise not knowing whether you'll be able to take it and canceling at final payment. Each cabin sells 7 times per cruise, and is cancelled 6 times; Princess is not surprised by cancellations.

We don't pay for insurance until final payment so there's no insurance issue. One of the cabins is always cancelled by final payment.

You can also book on two different ships at the same time, and two different excursions as the same time.

Thank you for your advice - we have decided that the deal on the suite is a good opportunity for us to try one & all the associated benefits. The price differential is much less than we have seen on other cruises & the extra cruise credit would mean that we would be elite for any subsequent cruises. But if we keep our original booking we can still make a decision at final payment - I'll get in touch with my contact at Princess tomorrow to try & arrange this.(TAs are a dying breed in the UK in the Internet age !!)