Really screwed up! Shuttle from ft lauderdale port to Miami airport??

crazyboutdisney

Somehow one of my girlfriends knows Larry and he always gives us a great deal and he always drives. Super nice guy, immaculate limo, always goes the extra mile.

I cannot recommend him enough.

This is great to hear also! I have been emailing with them and they have been very helpful so far! Really making me feel better about my loss of brain function mistake!!!

We often book flights into MIA even if the cruise leaves from Fort Lauderdale. We get in the day before and take a car service to our hotel in FLL. If you stay precruise in Miami you can get a shared shuttle to the port in the morning for about $25pp. Do plan on a car service if you are arriving MIA and staying on a Friday night. Traffic can be difficult and taxi fees can add up due to traffic.

Leaving from the port is not a big deal - we get off the ship early (around 8am) and walk to the many busses lined up to go to the airports. We have a before 1pm flight and have not had problems. Our luggage goes with us on the bus - we fly American (the cruiseline is Royal Caribbean). The bus drops us off at a special counter where we can check luggage and check in for our flight. We get our boarding passes the day before on the ship.

We often book flights into MIA even if the cruise leaves from Fort Lauderdale. We get in the day before and take a car service to our hotel in FLL. If you stay precruise in Miami you can get a shared shuttle to the port in the morning for about $25pp. Do plan on a car service if you are arriving MIA and staying on a Friday night. Traffic can be difficult and taxi fees can add up due to traffic.

Leaving from the port is not a big deal - we get off the ship early (around 8am) and walk to the many busses lined up to go to the airports. We have a before 1pm flight and have not had problems. Our luggage goes with us on the bus - we fly American (the cruiseline is Royal Caribbean). The bus drops us off at a special counter where we can check luggage and check in for our flight. We get our boarding passes the day before on the ship.

The flights were definitely cheaper into miami. If I had planned it knowing I would have maybe flown in a little earlier on Saturday and later going home. Oh well.....water under the bridge. I am feeling pretty good about Larry's limos so thats a positive

Just remember that if you use a service that has shuttle in its name it is not a private service, there will be waiting, and other pickups/drop offs. The limo service would be private and that's what you want if times are important

• 9 months later...

So from where Princess docks in the Ft. Lauderdale port to get to the airport in Miami, I can take a shuttle-shared or a private limo or??

Anyone do this recently? and is a 2pm flight doable after getting off the ship that morning?

We have not cruised from FL area in a very long time.

Thanks.

Julie

So from where Princess docks in the Ft. Lauderdale port to get to the airport in Miami, I can take a shuttle-shared or a private limo or??

Anyone do this recently? and is a 2pm flight doable after getting off the ship that morning?

We have not cruised from FL area in a very long time.

Thanks.

Julie

We used Larrys Limos in March and I would highly recommend them!! They were very easy to communicate with! Drivers were so nice! Had cold bottled water for us as soon as they picked us up.

We did self assist off the ship because we had a 1215 flight in Miami. I had told them to pick us up at 815am and we ended up getting off the ship by 730am. I called them and they were there within 10minutes to get us! We made it to Miami with no problem!

However, I would take into account the issues with TSA and slow security. We had no issues getting though in March at Miami but not sure how it is now.

I would use them again.

We used Larrys Limos in March and I would highly recommend them!! They were very easy to communicate with! Drivers were so nice! Had cold bottled water for us as soon as they picked us up.

We did self assist off the ship because we had a 1215 flight in Miami. I had told them to pick us up at 815am and we ended up getting off the ship by 730am. I called them and they were there within 10minutes to get us! We made it to Miami with no problem!

However, I would take into account the issues with TSA and slow security. We had no issues getting though in March at Miami but not sure how it is now.

I would use them again.

Thanks so much for your information. Were you two people that used this service? About how much was it? I looked briefly and Princess cruises charges $29 a person to go from the port in Ft. Laudedale to Miami airport and another shuttle service it's $25 per person, so just trying to see if Larry's limo service is a lot more or comparable.

No problem for TSA we have TSA pre-check, so as long as a TSA pre-check line is open in Miami we're good. And our flight is not till 2 PM out of Miami.

Julie

Thanks so much for your information. Were you two people that used this service? About how much was it? I looked briefly and Princess cruises charges $29 a person to go from the port in Ft. Laudedale to Miami airport and another shuttle service it's $25 per person, so just trying to see if Larry's limo service is a lot more or comparable.

No problem for TSA we have TSA pre-check, so as long as a TSA pre-check line is open in Miami we're good. And our flight is not till 2 PM out of Miami.

Julie

I would arrange a private shuttle - if you book your transfers through the ship, you will most likely be on a larger bus/van and will wait for it to fill. Your luggage may or may not be on the same vehicle and you also will have to allow time to retrieve it. And usually anything through the ship will be more than if arranged privately. That's been our experience. You should have ample time, particularly with TSA pre-check.

I just got a quote from Larry's for 2 people and it is a private car not shared(they only have private). The smallest car they have is $85.00 + mandatory 20% gratuity and $3.00 MIA airport access fee. This is from port Everglades to Miami airport.

Just an FYI for all that may be interested in this.

Anyone take a shared van service to MIA from FLL port? How was your experience and the price?

I would hope that luggage would be claimed by each cruiser after a Princess cruise and put on the same bus as travel with a Princess transfer to airport. Is this not what happens in Port Everglades?

I have not cruised out of FLL,but have lots of info. for San Pedro, CA port.

Thanks.

Julie

We looked into shared shuttles previously between PE & MIA and were quoted $30-35 per person +tips. decided to take a taxi for about $75+tip if my memory is correct. You should be able to use Uber for under $50 on the same run.

From PE to MIA the cruise transfer bus is a good option - not a lot of shuttles make this trip.

I just got a quote from Larry's for 2 people and it is a private car not shared(they only have private). The smallest car they have is $85.00 + mandatory 20% gratuity and $3.00 MIA airport access fee. This is from port Everglades to Miami airport.

Just an FYI for all that may be interested in this.

Anyone take a shared van service to MIA from FLL port? How was your experience and the price?

I would hope that luggage would be claimed by each cruiser after a Princess cruise and put on the same bus as travel with a Princess transfer to airport. Is this not what happens in Port Everglades?

I have not cruised out of FLL,but have lots of info. for San Pedro, CA port.

Thanks.

Julie

Depending on the size and type of transport, luggage is oftentimes placed in a box truck for transfers. Some buses aren't long haul vehicles, so no bathrooms or large luggage holds. Maybe you can find someone to share a private transfer, but be careful there, because sometimes the price will go up incrementally based on # of people and bags. Good luck!

Julie

TSA pre-check is not guaranteed. They spot check often.

TSA pre-check is not guaranteed. They spot check often.

What do you mean TSA pre-check is not guaranteed? I paid for the service for five years and when I travel I always get in the pre-check line as long as there is a line open at that particular airport. Lately they have been closing TSA pre-check in some airport terminals ,but there's usually at least one open . Sometimes I have to go to the TSA pre-check line in another area of the airport to get through.

What is spot check?

Julie

We did the carry bags off the Allure 5 years ago, we were in Fll airport at 7 ;30 am and made the 10;15 am flight home no problems. Our next cruise also on Allure we had a 12 :15 flight,I thought we had more time in the morning so we did the regular check out had a late number to check out. There was a problem with customs and could not leave ship until 10;45. Almost missed the flight home..

What do you mean TSA pre-check is not guaranteed? I paid for the service for five years and when I travel I always get in the pre-check line as long as there is a line open at that particular airport. Lately they have been closing TSA pre-check in some airport terminals ,but there's usually at least one open . Sometimes I have to go to the TSA pre-check line in another area of the airport to get through.

What is spot check?

Julie

From the TSA website (https://www.tsa.gov/tsa-precheck) preceded by a warning icon:

TSA incorporates unpredictable security measures throughout the airport and
no passenger is guaranteed expedited screening.

What is spot check?

Julie

They "spot check" a random person going through TSA pre-check line every so often, so if you are the lucky person, you have to take off the shoes, belt, etc and go through the scanner instead of just the metal detector. If you are super lucky, they will then hand search your bag for added pleasure and delay.

• 1 month later...

We will be on the Harmony of the Seas (first FLL sailing) in November. We currently have a 12:00 p.m. flight out of Miami on American Airlines. Harmony sails from Port Everglades in Fort Lauderdale. We disembark on a Tuesday. The only other flight option is 6:43 p.m. out of Miami. If we walk off the ship with our luggage (we are Diamond and have priority on RCCL), book Larry's Limo for 8:15 pickup, we also have TSA Global Entry - will we make the 12:00 flight out of Miami?

Or should I change our flight to the evening flight?

Edited by Trvlr37

We will be on the Harmony of the Seas (first FLL sailing) in November. We currently have a 12:00 p.m. flight out of Miami on American Airlines. Harmony sails from Port Everglades in Fort Lauderdale. We disembark on a Tuesday. The only other flight option is 6:43 p.m. out of Miami. If we walk off the ship with our luggage (we are Diamond and have priority on RCCL), book Larry's Limo for 8:15 pickup, we also have TSA Global Entry - will we make the 12:00 flight out of Miami?

Or should I change our flight to the evening flight?

You should be fine but why not push it to the later flight, have breakfast on the ship, head to Miami, tour Vizcaya, have a late brunch, then head to the Miami airport?

You should be fine but why not push it to the later flight, have breakfast on the ship, head to Miami, tour Vizcaya, have a late brunch, then head to the Miami airport?

BlueHerons.....do you know the current status of Uber for Port Everglades? I know they were suppose to stop service at some point...so any info...thanks in advance! Might need to book Larry's for my nephew in Oct

BlueHerons.....do you know the current status of Uber for Port Everglades? I know they were suppose to stop service at some point...so any info...thanks in advance! Might need to book Larry's for my nephew in Oct

Uber has been back in operation in Fort Lauderdale, including the airport and the seaport, since last October or so.

Uber is alive and well in Fort Lauderdale. Yes, they are currently operating out of Port Everglades.

Uber has been back in operation in Fort Lauderdale, including the airport and the seaport, since last October or so.

Uber is alive and well in Fort Lauderdale. Yes, they are currently operating out of Port Everglades.

Sweet! Then she can just use her app:)

BlueHerons - what's the best way to tour Vizcaya? Is there a tour you would recommend or rent a car?

I learned we can visit Vizcaya from a Hop On Hop Off bus tour offered by the cruiseline's shore excursion desk. Thanks for the tip, Blue Herons! Is there anywhere you would recommend we visit for lunch that is part of the Hop On Hop Off bus tour nearby?

Edited by Trvlr37