Fttf (Manually Added?)

BAJABOOTY

This is the exact email I received, Thanks!! I look at like this if I get there and I don't have it oh well haven't had it in any of the previous 17 cruises, just thought we would try it. We will just go to the back of the line like normal.:cool:

I did contact Carnival, it was added manually so we will not have anything to print ahead of time. For those of you asking I first emailed shoreexcursions@carnival.com with my request, they emailed me back and told me to fwd my info to FttFinfo@carnival.com. I sent the email at 10 am by 3:05pm *(same day) they sent the response. Hope this helps CHEERS!!!

I emailed a month ago to same email, I had purchased 1 Fttf and could not

get another one and yesterday I also received the same email to bring as proof show porter to tag lugguge and continue to yhe Fttf line and charge will be billed to cabin card on file. Ready to go now..

Hi Bajabooty :)

Congratulations being placed (manually) onto the FTTF manifest for when you arrive (at the) cruise terminal.

Your name (will) certainly be on the manifest for the (head porter) when checking luggage, and your name will also be on the manifest when you're (at the check-in counter) obtaining your sail & sign cards.

Note:

For our Carnival Cruise Critic members inquiring about an email address:

Faster To The Fun email address:

FTTFinfo@carnival.com

The above email was given to me from 'Shore Excursions' after I emailed them at:

shoreexcursions@carnival.com

PS:

They just don't add all FTTF email inquiries to the manifest. They simply assist when possible.

Have a terrific day!

:)

Yea, when I emailed I was given another address as well. My dh has a very bad back so we try to get FTTF for his benefit. We will be one day short of platinum and won't need to use FTTF any longer. Hope that they can help us out.

It kind of sounds like you are put on a waiting list. I emailed shoreexcursions@carnival.com and this is the email I got back from them:

Thank you for contacting Carnival Cruise Lines. We have received your email message and appreciate the opportunity to be of assistance.

To better assist you with your inquiry, please send your email to FttFinfo@carnival.com with the following information in the subject line:

1. Vessel name

2. Guest name

3. Sail date

4. Cabin number

5. Booking number

If there is anything else we can do for you please do not hesitate to ask.

Regards,

Tour Operations

Carnival Cruise Line

So I emailed FttFinfo@carnival.com and this is the response from them:

Greetings Funseeker!

Interested in getting the FUN started early? We can’t blame you. Your email has been received and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible. We will usually respond within 7 to 10 days to general questions. If you are looking to purchase FTTF for a sold out sailing, we’ll keep your information on hand in the order it is received. In the event of a cancellation, you will be notified. Due to the popularity of this program, we will only notify you if space becomes available.

Thanks for your interest in our Faster to the Fun program. Most importantly, we look forward to welcoming you onboard soon!

Wanted to report my experience:

I emailed shoreexcursions@carnival.com yesterday and received this about an hour later:

Dear Rheba,

Thank you for contacting Carnival Cruise Lines. We have received your email message and appreciate the opportunity to be of assistance.

To better assist you with your inquiry, please send your email to
with the following information in the subject line:

Vessel name

Guest name

Sail date

Cabin number

Booking number

If there is anything else we can do for you please do not hesitate to ask.

Regards,

Tour Operations

Carnival Cruise Line

So... I emailed FttFinfo@carnival.com and received this almost immediately:

Greetings Funseeker!

Interested in getting the FUN started early? We can’t blame you. Your email has been received and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible. We will usually respond within 7 to 10 days to general questions. If you are looking to purchase FTTF for a sold out sailing, we’ll keep your information on hand in the order it is received. In the event of a cancellation, you will be notified. Due to the popularity of this program, we will only notify you if space becomes available.

Thanks for your interest in our Faster to the Fun program. Most importantly, we look forward to welcoming you onboard soon!

This morning I had this in my inbox:

Good news! We have manually added your Name & Booking # to the Faster to the Fun manifest. The ship’s onboard team have already been advised and shall be expecting you. J

Upon your arrival to port with your luggage, you'll first need to be manually looked up by the head stevedore/porter with the FttF manifest he will have in his possession. Once he’s verified you are on the list, he’ll tag your bags with the proper FttF luggage tags and put all your luggage in the correct FttF cage for speedy delivery. From there, you will proceed as normal… just follow the signs to the FttF check in and away you go. J

And your $59.95 Faster to the Fun ticket will be charged to your onboard account. If you wish, feel free to bring this this correspondence to use as your verification.

Any additional questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Wishing you a wonderful cruise!

Best Regards,

Faster to the Fun Team

Carnival Cruise Lines

This all seems incredibly odd to me, I'm hoping that it's true!! Two questions:

1. Has anyone that received the manually added email called and verified this?
  2. How do I find the head porter in Galveston?

BTW, I did check my boarding pass/luggage tags and there was no FTTF logo. It usually takes a bit for the docs to be reissued so I'll check again later.

Edited by Rheba

Update:

Just got off the phone with Carnival and they said it was absolutely legit. The person I talked to didn't seem surprised at all by my questions. I asked her about the logo on the docs and she said it would not be there, just tell the porter my name. She also mentioned it would be charged to my S&S card (even before I mentioned it).

I'm excited! No more endlessly checking for an opening. :D

I also believe this is legit !

Some time ago I had emailed both mentioned Carnival email addresses asking about FTTF. A couple of days ago I got a similar reply asking for my booking number. Since I had already managed to purchase two FTTF packages (2 cabins booked) on our excursions page, I didn't respond. Obviously, Carnival wanted my booking number to add FTTF to my S&S account.

So, I call this legit. :D

Edited by lizardhowson

Curious for those that had already sent the email to the FTTF address, how long ago did you sent that email. I did this back in June for a December cruise on the Breeze and received same responses stated above. Just wondered if I should resend the email to see if I get any further response about being added to the list. It would be easier than repeatedly checking everyday for an opening.

This is what they sent to me yesterday....not very promising ...

Thank you for your Faster to the Fun query about your sold out sailing. Due to the overwhelming number of requests being sent to this address, the best we can promise right now is yes, your request has been received, and we will do our very best to add additional space for your sailing. As required by its nature, FttF is very limited, and may already be at its absolute final capacity for this voyage. Please know final numbers ultimately depend on the volume of Diamond and Platinum guests also sailing.

We will likely have a better idea if any additional spaces will be added, closer to the sailing date.

Wishing you a wonderful cruise,

Thank you for your Faster to the Fun query about your sold out sailing. Due to the overwhelming number of requests being sent to this address, the best we can promise right now is yes, your request has been received, and we will do our very best to add additional space for your sailing. As required by its nature, FttF is very limited, and may already be at its absolute final capacity for this voyage. Please know final numbers ultimately depend on the volume of Diamond and Platinum guests also sailing.

We will likely have a better idea if any additional spaces will be added, closer to the sailing date.

This sounds like the response I received the first time I emailed them. Went ahead and sent another email just incase they've changed the way they handle things. Doesn't sound like it from your response :(. Oh well, it was worth a try. We have a vacation home in Myrtle Beach, love it there, would love to retire there permanently one day!

Am I the only person that does not think this is a "good" thing?

If Carnival - in an attempt to increase revenues - increases the number of FTTF,

it will defeat the whole purpose of it.

The more guests that have it, the less special it becomes. Eventually, you wind up waiting on lines anyway.....

If Carnival - in an attempt to increase revenues - increases the number of FTTF,

The more guests that have it, the less special it becomes. Eventually, you wind up waiting on lines anyway.....

My thoughts exactly!

Hello all,

We are leaving this Saturday 8/22/15 on the Carnival Valor. We thought we would try fttf this time around.

Being this close of course they show being all sold out:( So I emailed them through and address I found on the board this morning. They just emailed me back saying they have Manually added our name and Booking to the faster to the fun manifest. Nothing new to print out, or update? Just hand this email to the porter and he will put new tags on ect and we just follow the fttf signs (also this will be charged to onboard account. Has anyone else used this procedure? I am someone who likes all my paperwork together prior to boarding, this seems like we are just winging it lol. Thanks in advance

Please advise what happened when you showed up to the Port. I believe the Porter will tag your luggage but I'm more curious to know if the Carnival employees acknowledged it. Were you able to get on the FTTF line or not? Thanks

So I revived the post last night as I received the same email. Happy to report I was onboard by noon today with three of my four bags received by 1pm. Porters and CCL staff recognized status ("manually added") so no problems. Letter in room with GS direct line. Even my skeptical husband is now loving FttF! Leave shortly but wanted to report back that it's legit!

Hello all,

We are leaving this Saturday 8/22/15 on the Carnival Valor. We thought we would try fttf this time around.

Being this close of course they show being all sold out:( So I emailed them through and address I found on the board this morning. They just emailed me back saying they have Manually added our name and Booking to the faster to the fun manifest. Nothing new to print out, or update? Just hand this email to the porter and he will put new tags on ect and we just follow the fttf signs (also this will be charged to onboard account. Has anyone else used this procedure? I am someone who likes all my paperwork together prior to boarding, this seems like we are just winging it lol. Thanks in advance

I recently, within the past few days, sent an email to the same Carnival address about getting FTTF for a Splendor cruise that I am going on in 2 weeks. I am having some back problems and thought this would help. I got an email back from Carnival with a similar message that you got, however, it said that I was being added to the list in the event there would be an opening which they would then notify me. I am not making any assumptions unless and until I am notified that the request is granted.

I am not a big fan of the FTTF for purchase. I had to earn those privileges over years of cruising. If everyone keeps cruising they will earn it also.

I am platinum and "earned" it too. But they are paying for FTTF and you and I did not. Get over it and just go have a "Fun" time.

So what if it slows me down another minute or two to get onboard. I still am on the ship in less than an hour of arrival and find my bags waiting for me after I have my first drink up on Lido.

I just sent an email to fttfinfo@carnival.com This is the auto-response I rec'd no more than 5 minutes later:

Faster to the Fun via na01-bn1-obe.outbound.protection.outlook.com

8:15 PM (20 minutes ago)

to me

Greetings Funseeker!

I'd be more concerned about this, EXCEPT that Carnival is still limiting access to FTTF and capacity-controlling it.

• Some people have gotten a "you're added!" email.
  • Some people have gotten a "Stand by, but it's looking good" email.
  • Some people, like me, have gotten back a "It doesn't look good for your sailing, but maybe you have an outside chance" email identical to the one I've quoted below.

So, Carnival is still exerting some control as to capacity and not going hog-wild with FTTF. Unfortunately for me. :)

(I'm not too hopeful here either. It's my fault, I didn't book the cruise until three months out.)

• 3 weeks later...

Ok we are back from our cruise on Valor and hear to say....YES the email was legit!! Thank god as that would of been embarrising.

wew arrived about 12:30 in Port Canaveral, FL. I printed the email. Got off of our shuttle, showed the porter my email (did not see any list) he took my luggage and put bright orange luggage tags on them and put on a cart. We walked to the priority/FTTF line. I just breezed on threw till the gate lady called me back:confused: I showed her my email, we walked right through the long long long lines of everyone waiting. Walked towards priority they told us fttf had their own counter. (Priority still has their own lines and a little waiting room like the airports) We walked right to the counter, checked in and right on the boat. Our luggage wasn't in the room until about 1/2 hour later which was fine. From shuttle to out room total about 15 minutes. Also we requested anytime and were waitlisted (I even checked the day we left to see if it had been approved it wasn't) when we got our sail sign card it was approved for anytime. Not sure if this has something to do with it, but hey why not:)

Departing just as easy as we made our way down to the dining room about 7:45 to wait for our zone. they were already calling zone 3 (we were zone 2) so that also very fast,,,porter got our luggage and we were out.

I suggest everyone get it,,,i loved it!!!! Priority still has their perks that they have earned. The only other thing was we could tender first and use priority customer service but never needed it:)

Ok we are back from our cruise on Valor and hear to say....YES the email was legit!! Thank god as that would of been embarrising.

wew arrived about 12:30 in Port Canaveral, FL. I printed the email. Got off of our shuttle, showed the porter my email (did not see any list) he took my luggage and put bright orange luggage tags on them and put on a cart. We walked to the priority/FTTF line. I just breezed on threw till the gate lady called me back:confused: I showed her my email, we walked right through the long long long lines of everyone waiting. Walked towards priority they told us fttf had their own counter. (Priority still has their own lines and a little waiting room like the airports) We walked right to the counter, checked in and right on the boat. Our luggage wasn't in the room until about 1/2 hour later which was fine. From shuttle to out room total about 15 minutes. Also we requested anytime and were waitlisted (I even checked the day we left to see if it had been approved it wasn't) when we got our sail sign card it was approved for anytime. Not sure if this has something to do with it, but hey why not:)

Departing just as easy as we made our way down to the dining room about 7:45 to wait for our zone. they were already calling zone 3 (we were zone 2) so that also very fast,,,porter got our luggage and we were out.

I suggest everyone get it,,,i loved it!!!! Priority still has their perks that they have earned. The only other thing was we could tender first and use priority customer service but never needed it:)

Thanks so much for coming back and reporting your experience! I still have hope by the end of this month when final payment is due, that they will re-evaluate and add more spaces. So glad you got to experience it this time, I too feel it is well worth the cost. Booked this cruise 6 months out but was already filled. Keeping my fingers crossed. :D