What % of people on the ship have drink packages?

Tinious

Except I said Over the Course of the Day, not in one sitting. Not even at night but over the course of the day. Yes one would get drunk if they drank it in one hit or even of the evening.

Edited by GUT2407

Who said "if you can't have six you can't have it" as far as I care you can buy it and not drink anything, the point is that if you will have about six drinks a day you will break even on the package.

And you can drink that amount and not be a "Lush" as others have claimed.

I have no idea how any of us can figure out who has a package unless we're chatting with the person or are close enough to see the sticker/imprint on the card.

I CAN SMELL IT.

Not all packages contain alcohol!

So the Ultimate makes total sense for them!

AMEN

As much as I'd love to drink a whole bunch of wine and Boddington's, I do have to eat, and the calories compete, LOL.

FYI - Despite what many people think - heavier drinkers (especially women) tend to weigh LESS than those that don't consume much alcohol. (The National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcohol studies that crap. :))

Say what, now? How do you get there? For a small woman that's a decent amount of alcohol and a good amount of calories. For someone not used to much alcohol in a day, that's a good amount of alcohol. Just because I would gain unwanted weight by the end of the cruise and wouldn't feel well with that much a day, I shouldn't have one a day?

NOW . . . . . Don't know about THAT!!! - SIX drinks over the course of a whole day? Let's say you get up at 9am and go to bed around 11pm. That's 14 hours. That's ONE drink every 2 and 1/3 hours! (And don't fib - I've seen some pretty petite women drink me under the TABLE!!)

Regardless - I'm just kidding with you. You seem like someone who won't take me seriously!

I don't think it is when you buy the package on your cruise planner or anything else you buy pre cruise it shows up as your final cruise total that you paid not as buying it on board. So if I paid $3000 for my cruise than buy 2 drink packages and a dinner it'll show I paid $3900 for my cruise not $3000.

No, that's not the way it works. All the "extras" you purchase are part of onboard spending and do not get considered as part of the cruise fare for financial reporting, whether you make the payment ahead of time or while on the ship.

It might be skewed somewhat, though, when they offer promotions on drink packages (like a BOGO or BOGOHO), and raise the base cruise fare to compensate.

Who said "if you can't have six you can't have it" as far as I care you can buy it and not drink anything, the point is that if you will have about six drinks a day you will break even on the package.

And you can drink that amount and not be a "Lush" as others have claimed.

That was you that said anyone that can't have 5 or 6 drinks over the course of the day shouldn't drink at all.

I'm not sure that anyone has said that having 5 drinks makes you a lush although I haven't followed this thread very closely so it's possible I missed a post.

Exactly!!!! :-)

(Apparently, people think that we're lushes! :D I'm okay with that.)

That's our motivation as well for getting the PP. We just want absolute convenience.

.... Of course the bar crawl our roll call is planning for our upcoming FOL sailing will be extreeeeemly lushy....

We are going on our first cruise and we are buying the package that includes everything!!!

Mimosa for lunch? Go ahead! Bloody Mary for breakfast? Why not!! :p Fresh squeezed OJ, water, fancy coffee, wine at dinner, cocktails after...we're all in.

Order a cocktail and don't like the flavor (it happens :D), no guilt, just get a new one.

We're having fun, we budgeted for it, we will enjoy ourselves.

CAN'T WAIT!!!

We want to party with you!

Quote:

Originally Posted by princess*bride View Post

Cb at sea.... Not everyone that gets the package is a lush.... You ARE passing judgement by saying it in a derogatory manner.

Don't let the opinion of anyone else bother you. People who pass judgement on others isn't enjoying life the way it's meant to be. Enjoy your drinks, who cares what others think.

Edited by IDcruising

I'm not sure that anyone has said that having 5 drinks makes you a lush although I haven't followed this thread very closely so it's possible I missed a post.

I believe you're correct. Someone mentioned the word "lush", in Post #5 of the thread, in what appeared (at least to me) to be a light-hearted fashion. But all these posts later, there are still some people who seem to have taken it far too personally.

For what it's worth, I find that to be one of the more fascinating things about the discussions here. So many of these type threads devolve into discussions about how judgmental other posters are, when tracing it back, it comes from either one little snide comment or even, as in this case, one comment that may have simply been a self-deprecating joke. But the more people talk about such comments, the more they convince themselves that it's some sort of pervasive and nefarious attitude.

Edited by Paul65

I believe you're correct. Someone mentioned the word "lush", in Post #5 of the thread, in what appeared (at least to me) to be a light-hearted fashion. But all these posts later, there are still some people who seem to have taken it far too personally.

For what it's worth, I find that to be one of the more fascinating things about the discussions here. So many of these type threads devolve into discussions about how judgmental other posters are, when tracing it back, it comes from either one little snide comment or even, as in this case, one comment that may have simply been a self-deprecating joke. But the more people talk about such comments, the more they convince themselves that it's some sort of pervasive and nefarious attitude.

I like you[emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like you[emoji2]

I like to have freshly squeezed o-juice, cappucino, espresso, specialty teas, bottled water, nice cocktails with or without alcohol, wine for dinner. So for me it's worth buying the UP, espcially as I' m taking the 8N TA without ports of call.

And I don't have to worry about the costs anymore and don' t have to sign each drink I order.

offshorefriend

Has anyone else noticed that drink price packages have gone up in the past 24 hours on line?

There's a whole thread on that, which concluded that RCCL changed the way they list the prices on line, showing the total price including gratuity. In doing so, they rounded off to a whole dollar amount on a per-day basis. This rounding resulted in some packages being slightly less and others slightly more than they were before. But it's not really an overall price increase.

Actually Paul, I read the same post, #5 and immediately thought that the poster was indeed being judgemental and calling out those who bought a package, a 'lush'. It was pretty self evident to me. Later, someone went as far as using the word, "drunk". So yes, for whatever reason, there are those that simply dislike the pricing of RCCL's alcohol, and as a result, they take a negative stance toward other Cruisers that enjoy the choice of an alcohol package purchase. Why, I have no idea but this thread is full of this. I'm surprised that a few cruisers/posters concern themselves so much about what others do or don't do while on a cruise. I base this on my personal views. As long as others are safely enjoying themselves, I'm very happy for them and that they are relaxing and on play time. We all deserve our down time. But in the end, I've never met this type of cruiser while actually on a ship. I'm sure they are there, but they are so outnumbered by the thousands of great people enjoying their cruise. On a message board, they're loud, but on a ship, they're quiet as a mouse.

Actually Paul, I read the same post, #5 and immediately thought that the poster was indeed being judgemental and calling out those who bought a package, a 'lush'.

I'm not surprised that you immediately took it that way. :rolleyes:

Must be in the delivery then; many others took it that way too.

Even if it was meant that way (despite the post itself saying "Not saying that's bad"), my point still stands. ONE person says something like that, and it gets blown up by so many who are eager to take offense at it, that the comment gets magnified, and people reading the thread start thinking that there are "so many posts" about it, when it was really just one person's comment.

(Meanwhile, the person who made the comment is probably just sitting back watching and laughing at how uptight people got over it. Like I said, I just find it to be a fascinating dynamic.)

Edited by Paul65

Even if it was meant that way (despite the post itself saying "Not saying that's bad"), my point still stands. ONE person says something like that, and it gets blown up by so many who are eager to take offense at it, that the comment gets magnified, and people reading the thread start thinking that there are "so many posts" about it, when it was really just one person's comment.

(Meanwhile, the person who made the comment is probably just sitting back watching and laughing at how uptight people got over it. Like I said, I just find it to be a fascinating dynamic.)

It was meant to be offensive and this board community has a way of handling offensive posts w/o the help, aid of a moderator. This thread displays this.

It appears that you might be a part of the 'quiet as a mouse' cruisers. But then again, I'm not surprised either.

I'm not sure who the "quiet as a mouse cruisers" are, but I guarantee you that I won't be worried about whether or not someone thinks I might be a lush, if they see me having a few drinks on my cruise. :cool: