College Football on the Freedom

We'll be sailing over Thanksgiving and really hoping to catch the GA/GT game on TV. It's a sea day. Will we be able to watch it on board? If so, any ideas where?

We were just talking about this on another thread. Apparently, SOME football is shown in the On Air Club - but apparently not college games. But someone else might know differently.

What about college basketball? We will be on during NCAA Tournament 2017, Harmony. HUGE college basketball fan.

I've seen some Final Four games on the pool big screens, but don't know about earlier games.

What about college basketball? We will be on during NCAA Tournament 2017, Harmony. HUGE college basketball fan.

If your cruise is during the early round games they will have a couple of the games but no way will you get a choice. If it is during sweet 16 elite 8

or final 4 odds are good you will see the game you want.

I am always disappointed trying to get games unless they are the days main game.

We'll be sailing over Thanksgiving and really hoping to catch the GA/GT game on TV. It's a sea day. Will we be able to watch it on board? If so, any ideas where?

That day is huge for college football top games

I will be in Vegas for that weekend for football

I would say odds of that game are small.

I always struggle with cruises in the fall because I have to miss college football

this year we are going Sept 6th early in the season should not miss to much.

We were on the Allure last January at the time of the football National Championship. Ohio State and Oregon. They were going to show the game in the on air club (small Venue) then lucky us it rained outside on the ship they Cancelled the Aqua show then put the game on outdoors at the Aqua theater

sat in the rain and watched on the big screens they have out there. Great night and plenty of football fans.

Honestly, you don't know what you will get and if you get your game you should be so happy!! Being a Gator fan:D and Bucs obsessed, we have not gotten many games.

I remember that we were in the Bahamas and watching the Gator vs Bulldogs game at Senor Frogs cause we couldn't get it on the ship. Oh, how much alcohol they could have sold if they had that game on the t.v.!! They didn't know any better.

Just be prepared to NOT see your game.

We were on Enchantment the year before last and the GA/GT game was on the big screen by the pool (no sound) and in boleros. It is really a guessing game as to which game you will get.Only ESPN and ABC games are usually shown. Do Dawgs!

We were on Enchantment the year before last and the GA/GT game was on the big screen by the pool (no sound) and in boleros. It is really a guessing game as to which game you will get.Only ESPN and ABC games are usually shown. Do Dawgs!

Do Dawgs what? Intend to lose to South Carolina this year? Why yes, I think so :D

But yeah to join the chorus, it's a toss-up. Our cruise on Serenade aired the NFL Pro Bowl (odd considering most NFL fan's attitude towards the Pro Bowl) but I can't recall seeing much football on our other cruises that were in season. I think usually I've had to just wait until I got back to see how the Gamecocks did.

Cruise ships are a real struggle for US sports fans. On our Liberty cruise two months ago didn't even get sports center in the morning, just round the clock soccer and cricket. My fallback is an XM radio internet subscription. There are always deals available like 5 months for $25. I'll miss 3 College Saturdays and NFL sundays on my upcoming X Infinity cruise but will at least be able to stream audio play by play for all games. It's not the same as watching, but better than nothing.

DH (Duke fan) doesn't allow me to book cruises during basketball season! We can't even travel unless he's positivley sure the games will be available where we're going.

We'll be sailing over Thanksgiving and really hoping to catch the GA/GT game on TV.

Obviously you meant to say the Georgia Tech-U[sic]Ga game. If this year's Tech victory over the Mutts will be on ABC or ESPN, there's a chance it might be carried on the ship. If it's on any other network though, you'll probably be spared seeing all the happy Rambin' Wreck fans (except the ones on board of course) after their win. I think all the ESPN channels to search are in the low numbers, which is good for you, since I'm sure you want to avoid anything in the 30-24 range right now. :D

THWG!

2hlga.jpg.0a80a8036563cf542d864b14a69f9c87.jpg

Edited by yj_eugene
Added picture of utmost importance!

DH (Duke fan) doesn't allow me to book cruises during basketball season! We can't even travel unless he's positivley sure the games will be available where we're going.

[emoji107]🏻 I'm a Tar Heel :) I'm the same way as your DH, but my DH thinks I'm crazy and is not as cooperative as you seem to be! I thought for sure I wouldn't have to worry about the last rounds of the tourney. We will be on for round of 8, getting off Saturday of FF.

Obviously you meant to say the Georgia Tech-U[sic]Ga game. If this year's Tech victory over the Mutts will be on ABC or ESPN, there's a chance it might be carried on the ship. If it's on any other network though, you'll probably be spared seeing all the happy Rambin' Wreck fans (except the ones on board of course) after their win. I think all the ESPN channels to search are in the low numbers, which is good for you, since I'm sure you want to avoid anything in the 30-24 range right now. :D

THWG!

I guess it's fun to brag every 12 years or so. [emoji12]

I believe it's usually on ABC.

You can always count on there being 10 different soccer games being shown that 90% of the passengers could care less about.

Last year on Allure I got to see my Ravens play on Sunday, and my favorite EPL team Chelsea play the following Saturday. Yes, there are some of us who enjoy both forms of football.:p

On the college front, I graduated from Temple, so I don't think twice about Temple games when I book my cruises...maybe someday :rolleyes:.

• 1 month later...

The fall is a great time for us to cruise. Lower rates and an older demographic. But I have to SAIL around Georgia Games. PRINCESS has satellite TV. They are usually a safe bet. Carnival is iffy. might show it. might not. HAL once did a great program for the College Bowl with Texas and Alabama playing. served hot dogs and hamburgers. The C.D. had graduated from..........U. of Alabama. ROLL Tide. and they did. big win for the Tide.

We are booked in September. I am at this moment trying to find out if they have an off date that week and if not preparing to stretch the truth a bit. IF next year is anything like this year is turning out to be........HE might be happy to get away.

He is also a Jacksonville Jaguar Fan. The man loves to suffer.

thX2W37Q2E_zpsec10a895.jpg

Not all games are on. They play some of the higher profile ones but it is hit or miss.

Except with hockey, then it is a total miss. We cruised during playoffs the year we won the Cup. Yes we spent a bit about $280 to stream the games. As you can see from my signature, we kinda like hockey :D