Silhouette Solarium free?

momrox1

Haven't been on a Celebrity cruise in quite some time. Generally pay for the Sanctuary on Princess and am looking for something similar on the Silhouette. I read about the Solarium...is this similar and can I use it if I'm in an inside cabin or is it something you can purchase? thanks!

Whether or not children can use the solarium depends on the weather. They might be allowed for an hour in the morning and again another hour in the afternoon, or two hours in late afternoon, or not at all if the outside pools are usable. So in Alaska there are likely to be family hours, in the Caribbean probably not.

If you want more privacy, you can purchase a pass to the Persian Gardens, which has heated loungers, saunas, and other sort of 'spa lite' facilities, which may be a little more like what you are accustomed to given what I read about the Sanctuary.

The Solarium is a completely public area, and it is walked through regularly by people going to/from the gym or spa and people who have rooms forward going to/from the pools. While it is pretty quiet normally, there may be kids allowed in it as others mentioned, and obviously, anyone can walk through.

There aren't many amenities in the Solarium; a pool, loungers, and the AquaSpa Cafe are about it, but it is quite relaxing.

Also it's air conditioned which can be very welcome when it's baking hot by the main pool. And they play nice relaxing spa-like music (birdsong etc) instead of the racket that you sometimes get by the pool!

Also it's air conditioned which can be very welcome when it's baking hot by the main pool. And they play nice relaxing spa-like music (birdsong etc) instead of the racket that you sometimes get by the pool!

Yes, agree 100% for how wonderful can be the Solarium on these Solstice-class ships. Need proof and/or evidence? See below! Yes, that air-conditioning adds to the wonderful atmosphere there.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Did a June 7-19, 2011, cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Dozens of nice visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc. We are now at 203,311 views for this live/blog re-cap, including much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

The Solarium was one of our most favorite areas. Food and drinks were nearby and it was very relaxed and sophisticated. Quieter, too, as it is an adults-only area. Two hot tubs here. Not crowded, especially in the evenings. Nice art and design with this facility. Wonderful setting for relaxing and watching the outside water/shore views, enjoying subtle inside action, etc.:

SolsticeSolariumSunnyDay.jpg

• 3 months later...

I prefer the Solarium over the outside Lido Deck pools, as I find it is usually less busy or has no one in it. This was my experience while on Silhouette last March. We also found that around dinner time was the best because most people were eating.

The other thing I like about it is that the pool is big enough to swim laps - not really long ones, but long enough.

However if the pool is crowded, you cannot swim laps without disturbing other guests. If you like to swim laps, best to do when pool opens or a night- I recall a person who was very rude swimming laps- splashing others and banging into others- as the pool was busy with other guests.

Edited by Cruise a holic

I have to disagree and I live near the ocean, I much prefer Chlorine pools.

I was raised by the ocean (father rented sport fishing boats) and I still much prefer salt water pools. No chlorine stink, much nicer for your skin, doesn't burn your eyes and somewhat better for swimsuits. A lot of people are switching over their home pools as well. Our fitness club has a heated outdoor salt water pool that we use all year.

Pros & Cons: http://www.doityourself.com/stry/fresh-vs-salt-water-swimming-pools#b