Pizza of my dreams!

Gallivanting Souls

Here are a few photos of Lido Deck pizza at Pregos. I grew up in Brooklyn, NY. and really like it. To me it's true New York style pizza:

I grew up on Long Island. My grandfather's nephew owned a Pizza Parlor-no that's heaven.

I agree Prego's is New York style-which is actually Neapolitan style, which is where the guys who make it get the recipe.....

I am sad that they don't have Alfredo's, but I am willing to try this Prego Pizza since you all have convinced me its good. I don't believe I have tried NY style pizza.-Yet. Also, I didn't know you could ask to add toppings at Alfredo's? I would have loved to mash my vege pizza with my hubbies meat pizza and make the ultimate pizza :cool:

Speaking of trying pizza, I'm going to try Carnival's pizza on the Dream. I'm have to come back and tell you if I dream about their pizza too :eek:

Happy eating!/dreaming!

Our view on Alfredo's pizza on Royal was that it stacked up very well against the many Italian pizzas we have eaten in Italy - actually better than most.

Would eat it again in a heartbeat - just need to book another cruise now:D.

Oh, low blow, Jasperdo....

I am actually on my pre-cruise diet, and Prego's is my first break of my fast. DW heads for the umbrella drinks and I head for two slices.

Really, thanks for the pics. They provide a good incentive.

Safe Journeys. Paul

Alfredo's is more "gourmet," with exotic toppings.

Yes, "exotic" is available but so are the basics. Just ask. I typically get pepperoni and mushrooms. Never been a problem.

Prego is OK (although there was that one cruise....) and certainly convenient. We typically eat there several times. We prefer Alfredo's when available for a nicer dinner than the buffet.

I have only had Prego pizza on all the cruises we have taken so far, because we have not gone on a ship that has a Alfredo's. In November we will get to finally taste Alfredo's on the Grand.Up to now Prego's has always been excellent!

I have only had Prego pizza on all the cruises we have taken so far, because we have not gone on a ship that has a Alfredo's. In November we will get to finally taste Alfredo's on the Grand.Up to now Prego's has always been excellent!

It will be worth the wait!

Here's a tip: Alfredo's is a sit-down place. At peak times all the tables are taken. -But many times the counter space is open. Do yourself a favor and sit at the counter. You can get your pizza and sit at the counter, take it to whatever place you like. Doesn't take too long to get. Also, (on the Grand) the don't have salad. If you want some salad with your pizza, put in your order and walk across the way to the International Café and see what kinds of salads they have. You can bring it back to your table at Alfredo's no problem. This is was our waiter suggested when I asked about salad.

Prego pizza is the Lido deck "by the slice" pizza. Nothing like Alfredo's but still pretty good. IMHO, nothing beats Alfredo's but I enjoy the Lido deck pizza too.

I love the pizza from Lido deck. I think it's one of the best around.

I love the pizza from Lido deck. I think it's one of the best around.

Prego's has been a determining factor in our cabin selection in the past - a port side Lido balcony always seems to win out! :D

Grey

Prego's has been a determining factor in our cabin selection in the past - a port side Lido balcony always seems to win out! :D

Grey

I think on my upcoming 12/6 Regal cruise, we're on the same deck as Prego.

FYI, the expanded menu (other than just pizza) is available only on the Royal and Regal. No salad or pasta dishes on the other ships with an Alfredo's. :(

Hey Pam. Do you happen to have a picture of the extended menu? If so, could you please email it to me. :):):)

My wife, son, and I were horribly disappointed in Prego's pizza. We loved the pizza at Cafe Corniche on Sea Princess and at Alfredo's on Star Princess. Both times we sailed on Star we tried Prego's and ended up not even eating it as it was so bad. We sailed Crown Princess and never even tried the pizza at Prego's due to our previous experiences on Star.

You will likely find that everybody else here loves the pizza from Prego's. I don't know what they are comparing it to but we found it to be totally unacceptable. The times we tried it there was almost no sauce and it tasted about like something I could get from the frozen food section of a grocery store.

I sincerely hope your experience differs from ours.

I'm with you and apparently in the minority. I don't like the pizza at Prego's. Tried it a few times since so many seem to like it. Nope, not me.

You are welcome. It is a clearer image than the posted pictures of the menu. We've eaten most of the items and all are good. The only things we haven't tried (other than the pineapple pizza that we don't enjoy) are the Pizza Tarantina with the seafood and the Calzone. We will remedy that in the near future...

Paul

On our cruise this past January (the Grand) we tried Alfredo's for pizza. Turns out Alfredo's is the pizza of my dreams. We are now considering going on the Caribbean Princess. I believe they don't have an Alfredo's, but Prego Pizza. Will I be dreaming about this pizza as much as Alfredo's or disappointed as I have been with my local pizza choices since I got back from the cruise?

Alfredo Pizza was available from Sabatini's several times at lunch (complimentary) on the Caribbean Princess earlier this month, although I didn't try it I'm afraid.