Breakaway to Bermuda Live August 30th

seadog67

My partner and I are doing our very first cruise on the BA Haven Aft Balconies in November (Thanksgiving week) to Bahamas. So this live TR is helping a lot and getting me super excited. Even if it isn't the same itinerary it's still enjoyable seeing the ship and rooms etc. I have subscribed to this TR and will be following along! Thanks!

My partner and I are doing our very first cruise on the BA Haven Aft Balconies in November (Thanksgiving week) to Bahamas. So this live TR is helping a lot and getting me super excited. Even if it isn't the same itinerary it's still enjoyable seeing the ship and rooms etc. I have subscribed to this TR and will be following along! Thanks!

Awesome SoCalGuy! I hope you have a great time! Thanks for following!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anxious to see how you like BA....so far we have only done Jewel class ships ...really not fond of crowds :o

This is our 4th time on BA and as for crowds we tend to stay in the haven on this ship as it can get crowded in the public spaces, which we are also not a fan of.

M

Thanks for the bar menus and wine lists, seadog!

Happy Anniversary and Bon Voyage :D

Smooth Sailing!

Thanks meatballnyc, look for others later in the week as we hit more bars.

Heres a few pics from strolling around:

Adults pool is filling up:

https://vimeo.com/137765229

Kids area:

https://vimeo.com/137765303

Kids pool

eb5c55896763de8d5ad5ea67eb60ae23.jpg

Kayakers getting a good view:

d063010ab09fc9d6585de40e53985af0.jpg

In case we forget what line were on :)

0fcc02f82c99dd561a51965402cf1960.jpg

I'll be following along also. So enjoyed your Gem trip. We were on the BA in June and will also be on her next June, but not in the Haven (sigh). Took your advice and plan on going to the Holland House in November. Looked great from your pictures. By the way, we are from south jersey also. Have a wonderful trip-will be living vicariously for the next week.:)

Here is what is on the tv lineup and the one sports channel seems like before international. But I do know the bars show some sports that are nationally televised but not sure if a particular game would be on.

5dcb2c443527d1324e3894c6c8ef1b41.jpg

80e210e69fb62e5483515d67f3fdc5ee.jpg

Thanks for the quick response I appreciate it!

I'll be following along also. So enjoyed your Gem trip. We were on the BA in June and will also be on her next June, but not in the Haven (sigh). Took your advice and plan on going to the Holland House in November. Looked great from your pictures. By the way, we are from south jersey also. Have a wonderful trip-will be living vicariously for the next week.:)

Hey spannersmom, glad you are joining us again! Hope you have a great time on your upcoming trips!

Lunch in haven restuarant:

First Drink, pear pleasure:

79081136db73cee9f60f41ec38173a6b.jpg

Bruschetta app

e0d5fce8a49aced18e9bd8c8490ad254.jpg

Seared scallops and Shrimp:

30d36990942c7233bfe993526f8a4c9a.jpg

Very good all of it!

Was the Pear Pleasure on one of the menus or just one you remembered from last time?

We just got off the ship too- doing a quick tour to see some group spaces. I gave to say, I was really disappointed in the buffet. Much more limited selection and not as good as last year (and it was just good last year, not great). We tried O'Sheehans since the buffet was a bust and the chicken pot pie puff topper was actually cold and my husbands fish & chips and out literally 10+ minutes after my pot pie.

I'll be following closely to see what you think of the non-Haven food. We are set to sail Novemver again and I am second-guessing now after that food experience.

Was the Pear Pleasure on one of the menus or just one you remembered from last time?

We just got off the ship too- doing a quick tour to see some group spaces. I gave to say, I was really disappointed in the buffet. Much more limited selection and not as good as last year (and it was just good last year, not great). We tried O'Sheehans since the buffet was a bust and the chicken pot pie puff topper was actually cold and my husbands fish & chips and out literally 10+ minutes after my pot pie.

I'll be following closely to see what you think of the non-Haven food. We are set to sail Novemver again and I am second-guessing now after that food experience.

Hi conandrob, we had somewhat similar food quality on the last BA, so we have retreated to the haven for breakfast and lunch when we eat it, and with the udp we are inbtge specialty's for the week.

I will give impression from each meal and when we do eat in the non-haven spot I will note it as well.

I know food is subjective so I hope things improve and you enjoy it next time.

Thanks Seadog.

Great photos.

Have a great trip. Looking forward to your live review.

Can't wait to be there next week.

Thanks KOC! Hope u have a blast on your turn!

Another slight dislike is the promenade is mostly blocked. Most newer ships we have found have this setup for more room inside I guess or more staterooms:

696beeaba26a622b735f70218b5f540c.jpg

Happy- check

https://vimeo.com/137765954

Yes, I didn't like that about the promenade either. I miss walking all the way around.

I want to know all about the Haven. I went on the BA in 2013 but not on the Haven and I felt the BA was very crowded. I was told that the Haven is a totally different experience. So I eagerly await more reporting.

Yes, I didn't like that about the promenade either. I miss walking all the way around.

I want to know all about the Haven. I went on the BA in 2013 but not on the Haven and I felt the BA was very crowded. I was told that the Haven is a totally different experience. So I eagerly await more reporting.

You will get a good look tomorrow as to crowds in the haven and pool area as well as the restaurant and sun lounging areas, as I will try to give as many pics and impressions as possible:

At the drill in A11 in the theater:

My lucky seat

8aaf22a1dcc899686be372edb1c00635.jpg

Edited by seadog67