Breakaway to Bermuda Live August 30th

seadog67

Will be watching you sail down the Hudson in just a few minutes. Before when I mentioned the Holland House in St, Maarten, I should have said we are going to use the beach facilities and look for Roy, beach attendant you mentioned. Don't know the name of it but at the Water Front bar they had a drink that had I believe Kahlua, ice cream-it was so good. Really almost too nicely presented to drink LOL.:)

Yay you're on the ship! I was thinking that first drink the pear pleasure said "pure" pleasure, which I was thinking was appropriately named for the first drink on a ship.

Second have to say I loved your rest stop pictures. My dh always says 'you need to read the rest stop signs, there could be something important' so we always stop and read the signs :). I also like how NJ's stops are named after really famous people. Earlier this summer when we were driving up to VT we stopped at Vince Lombardi.

Happy anniversary and I really hope you don't go hungry, it looks like you might not be able to find any food on-board :p

Will be watching you sail down the Hudson in just a few minutes. Before when I mentioned the Holland House in St, Maarten, I should have said we are going to use the beach facilities and look for Roy, beach attendant you mentioned. Don't know the name of it but at the Water Front bar they had a drink that had I believe Kahlua, ice cream-it was so good. Really almost too nicely presented to drink LOL.:)

I do not think I was who mentioned St Martin as it has been years since we were there. Sounds like a fun excursion hope you have a blast.

I will have to try the drink you mentioned!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yay you're on the ship! I was thinking that first drink the pear pleasure said "pure" pleasure, which I was thinking was appropriately named for the first drink on a ship.

Second have to say I loved your rest stop pictures. My dh always says 'you need to read the rest stop signs, there could be something important' so we always stop and read the signs :). I also like how NJ's stops are named after really famous people. Earlier this summer when we were driving up to VT we stopped at Vince Lombardi.

Happy anniversary and I really hope you don't go hungry, it looks like you might not be able to find any food on-board :p

It was a pure pleasure also :)

Yeah the turnpike stops are unique, for sure!

Its been 15 mins since my last food I may faint lol. Thanks for following along everyone!

Sail away :

Sailing down the Hudson passed Celebrity Summit going up river to sight see a bit?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

They went up and floated around the Statue of Liberty for a while, now they're slowly heading out.

Edited by paulh84

Love the report so far :)

Here you are sailing past lower manhattan and under the VZ Bridge a few minutes ago. Enjoy!!

[ATTACH]360932[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]360933[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]360934[/ATTACH]

Awesome , thanks meatball nyc!

Thanks meatballnyc, look for others later in the week as we hit more bars.

Heres a few pics from strolling around:

Adults pool is filling up:

https://vimeo.com/137765229

Kids area:

https://vimeo.com/137765303

Kids pool

eb5c55896763de8d5ad5ea67eb60ae23.jpg

Kayakers getting a good view:

d063010ab09fc9d6585de40e53985af0.jpg

In case we forget what line were on :)

0fcc02f82c99dd561a51965402cf1960.jpg

Its actually nice to see the difference between a summer sailing and winter one on the same ship - it was alot less people in the pool area in Nov. :D Thank you for the live update - makes the wait for my winter trip a bit more bearable, lol.:p

Its actually nice to see the difference between a summer sailing and winter one on the same ship - it was alot less people in the pool area in Nov. :D Thank you for the live update - makes the wait for my winter trip a bit more bearable, lol.:p

Thanks maywell! Hope you have a great trip also. Oh yeah, we have sailed many cold weather sailings down the hudson.

One was in 2011 on the jewel over halloween when we had an early snowstorm and we sailed with snow on the pooldeck, big difference!

I can sign up for magicians apprentice, as I turned $300 into $50 in 2 mins at Craps lol

Caught the last vestige of the Sunset

c03b845d1f8567fea9b43b60a96e9e8b.jpg

You can just make out the Summit through the haze

534d4dd93d030bfe539e08951e758f04.jpg

Now listening to guitar at shakers and moseying around:

https://vimeo.com/137785237

Love the centrum atrium on the AWAY ships

https://vimeo.com/137785350

Wow, such an exciting first day. . . I am looking forward to tomorrow !

Great Pics and Vids.

Rest up, sometimes the best sleep is travel day :)

Radio

;);)

Thanks Radio! I slept like a lullabied baby!

Wow what a great start to your cruise vacation!!

Love all the pictures, videos and comments!! Can't wait for tomorrow to see what else you post!! :)

Thanks Chesneygirl! Looks to be a beautiful day weather-wise coming up.