Wild Storm in Metro Vancouver and Port

Lizzie68

We are fine, and thank you for your concern. When I started the thread it was because of the ships putting out to sea in the height of the storm, from Vancouver. Hoping to hear that they met smoother seas.

Weather can really make a mess of a town and your life. One of the things I hate when we lost power years back, was losing all the food. With no power to keep it cold or frozen it was gone. Of course the first thing I ate to keep it from melting was the ice cream!

My power (Snohomish County PUD) was restored about 7:30 p.m. on Saturday. So I was fewer than 12 hours without power and lost nothing in the freezer. However, friends in Edmonds called me last night and said that they -- and apparently most of Edmonds -- were STILL without power.

My power (Snohomish County PUD) was restored about 7:30 p.m. on Saturday. So I was fewer than 12 hours without power and lost nothing in the freezer. However, friends in Edmonds called me last night and said that they -- and apparently most of Edmonds -- were STILL without power.

We were without power for about 9 hours, I feel so bad for those who are still without power.

Yesterday's Seattle Times reported half a million homes without power, and 2 dead due to falling trees. :(

We were without power for about 9 hours, I feel so bad for those who are still without power.

Yesterday's Seattle Times reported half a million homes without power, and 2 dead due to falling trees. :(

I'm glad you're both okay and have power again.

Vancouver Island here - horrific storm but not as bad as the Fraser Valley where our son lives - still no power after 48 hours and worrying about the things in the freezer thawing out. they tried to go out for dinner last night but every place had long lines of people and they finally had to go to a food court in a mall which also had long lines. 4 way stops were a nightmare on the main roads - trees down all over and snow plows being used on the highways to clear the debris from the trees.

We only lost power for about 6 hours so everything is fine - I was just heating water for tea with a candle under the kettle when the power came back on. We did lose our gazebo though.

the ocean wasn't bad in our area so the ships going to Alaska would be fine once in from the open ocean.

Hope we don't have another one like that! once is enough.

Rain all night and into this morning, now tapering off, with only a little wind.

Huge lakes in areas where the drains are backed up and along the curbs of some roads.

Things are getting back to normal, which means rain in the forecast for a while.

Thanks to all for your thoughts!!

Just back from a shopping trip. Gave up on Costco - full of people re-stocking freezers and fridges! One mall still closed. Still lots of road closures due to trees being cleared and wires down, had to detour all the way home. Some areas in my town still without power. Lots of traffic lights not working but everyone used the 4-way stop procedure. Still counting my blessings.

That storm was something . . . So does the Westerdam dock at Canada Place? might have been something just to watch it even just tied up . . . during hurricane level gusts.

The Westerdam does the Alaska cruise to and from Seattle, and does not go to Canada Place. It does stop in Victoria on Vancouver Island on the way back to Seattle, though.

The Westerdam does the Alaska cruise to and from Seattle, and does not go to Canada Place. It does stop in Victoria on Vancouver Island on the way back to Seattle, though.

:o Oops. Boy did I screw up.

Sorry.

As a punishment, I will not eat (solid) [/(SIZE] chocolate today. :D

Edited by RuthC