LIVE from OASIS (Sept. 5, 2015) - Pics, Periscope & Prospectus

Had never heard of Periscope so just downloaded, subscribed and watched several minutes of your first two videos - couldn't tell how long they were....

Have been on the Oasis once before and was on the Allure last December; we liked it better than Oasis but I think that has to do with the people and experience (timing too) more than the ship or anything.

Look forward to more videos and your review. Thanks.

Day 1 is the books (well soon after I post this). And by day 1, I mean day 1 and not that day minus 1 nonsense I posted a few days ago.

The pleasant surprise of the day definitely goes to Chops. We always go to Chops 1-2 times per cruise however recently we felt like the quality had suffered a little. Not this time. My 9 oz. filet was the best I ever had at Chops. It was cooked perfectly (medium rare). The appetizers, sides and desserts were pretty good too but the filet was fantastic.

I couldn't decide whether to get the shrimp cocktail or the forest mushroom soup as an appetizer so I analyzed the situation, formulated a plan, crunched some numbers and made an executive decision that the only logical thing to do was to order both.

The shrimp cocktail

image_zpsfh1fkpwy.jpg

Forrest mushroom soup - my single favorite menu item at any restaurant on any RCI ship.

image_zpsv7pow9ww.jpg

9 oz. filet mignon with red wine reduction. Dear god, that cow did good. That cow did good.

image_zpsd0bzfzds.jpg

I couldn't decide whether to get the creamed spinach or mushrooms as a side so I crunched some num.... Oh, nevermind.

Creamed spinach

image_zpsuineiced.jpg

Mushrooms

image_zpsyk7n0jxk.jpg

Edited by Yorkvillain

So after this gigantic feast we were waaaaaaaaay too full to have dessert. Hahaha. Yeah right. There's no way you believed me.

Courtney had the huckleberry cheesecake with a little coconut ice cream on the side.

image_zpsp2qhkh3u.jpg

I had the chocolate mud pie.

image_zpsdak4uvmx.jpg

Thank god I remembered to pack my wheelbarrow in my carry on bag because it came in handy after dinner. It made it very easy for Courtney to push me around for the next few hours while the cow in my stomach slowly digested.

We parked our bloated bellies in the Diamond Lounge for one drink after dinner before we made our way over to the On-Air Club for the rest of the night.

First we enjoyed (well, just me) watching Notre Dame put an absolute mother lovin beat down on Texas. Good work Irish!

Then it was time for 80's music trivia. We got a 29.5 out of 30 for first place. The only question we got wrong was the song title for "Jenny, Jenny". You know that 8-6-7-5-3-0-9 song that will probably be stuck in your head now for the rest of the month. We just put "Jenny" but the real title has her name twice. However for our conquest we were rewarded with two RCI hats that I will immediately put on eBay as soon as I am done with this post. The bidding starts at $2500. GOOOOO!

Does anyone need a background on the team name?

image_zpszw6sjlia.jpg

image_zpssdhaowcx.jpg

Later we participated in the majority rules game show. However we ended up being in the minority and slowly walked back to our stateroom with our heads hung low and our tails tucked between our legs.

So far the wifi has been fantastic. Hopefully it stays that way.

On the docket for day 2 includes Junkanoo Beach in Nassau if we wake up early enough, hopefully a quick workout in the gym in the afternoon, tri-bond trivia at 5pm, dinner in the MDR at 8:30pm and Finish That Lyric game show at 10:15pm. I will also try to periscope a few times throughout the day.

Day 1 Fitbit steps: 11,134

The war on roast beef standings: Me 2, RB 0

Edited by Yorkvillain

Hi Yorkvillain,

Looking forward to your review! I will be on Oasis this month, too. If you happen to see/hear what, if any, specialty dining discounts they are doing for the 1st and/or 2nd nights I would love to hear back. Wondering whether waiting to book onboard would provide a greater/better discount than the 20% off online they are currently offering.

Thanks in advance!

Have a fantastic voyage!

We received 25% off at Chops for booking on the ship for night 1.

We are debating whether to buy our drink packages now or wait until we get on board. If you have a chance could you post whether or not you notice any specials? Like first day on board specials or something like that. Hope you have a great cruise!

I think you can buy it now. I didn't see any special pricing. I think the price is pretty much set.

Did RCI change the color scheme of the Cruise Compass from day 1 to day 2? No. For day 1 I snapped the pictures outside on the balcony using the DocScan app. For day 2 I did it in the bathroom. I guess I'll do the rest out on the balcony.

Ok time for bed otherwise I'll never make it off the ship in Nassau.

Edited by Yorkvillain

Thank god I remembered to pack my wheelbarrow in my carry on bag because it came in handy after dinner. It made it very easy for Courtney to push me around for the next few hours while the cow in my stomach slowly digested.

We parked our bloated bellies in the Diamond Lounge for one drink after dinner before we made our way over to the On-Air Club for the rest of the night.

First we enjoyed (well, just me) watching Notre Dame put an absolute mother lovin beat down on Texas. Good work Irish!

Then it was time for 80's music trivia. We got a 29.5 out of 30 for first place. The only question we got wrong was the song title for "Jenny, Jenny". You know that 8-6-7-5-3-0-9 song that will probably be stuck in your head now for the rest of the month. We just put "Jenny" but the real title has her name twice. However for our conquest we were rewarded with two RCI hats that I will immediately put on eBay as soon as I am done with this post. The bidding starts at $2500. GOOOOO!

Does anyone need a background on the team name?

image_zpszw6sjlia.jpg

image_zpssdhaowcx.jpg

Later we participated in the majority rules game show. However we ended up being in the minority and slowly walked back to our stateroom with our heads hung low and our tails tucked between our legs.

It looks like they updated the 80's music trivia!

OK I signed up for Periscope couple months ago, could never figure out how to get anything from that user and now you.

I go to Live Periscope and put in yorkvillain in search engine but it never goes anywhere....I consider myself to be pretty computer savvy, but this is just beyond me...any suggestions?:(

OK I signed up for Periscope couple months ago, could never figure out how to get anything from that user and now you.

I go to Live Periscope and put in yorkvillain in search engine but it never goes anywhere....I consider myself to be pretty computer savvy, but this is just beyond me...any suggestions?:(

Have you searched on the "following" page? If he's not live at the time of your search he might not sure up on the "live" page.

Sent from my 710C using Tapatalk