LIVE from OASIS (Sept. 5, 2015) - Pics, Periscope & Prospectus

Tentative schedule:

Saturday, 9/5 (Day 1) [/b]Throw a dump truck sized bucket of ice water on Courtney in an attempt to wake her up and remind her that today is CRUISE DAY! Drive to Avis at Hyatt Pier 66, drop off car, take Avis shuttle to Port Everglades to board the ship and then sprint as fast as I can while hurdling every child and knocking over every Senior Citizen so that I can get to the Park Cafe and destroy my first two beef on wecks of the week.

Following on Periscope in hopes of seeing a video of this :eek::D

I looked at the periscope app on iTunes. Is it the one for 2.99 and has a one star rating and only on review saying it doesn't work? Just wanted to check with the others that have it, before I purchase it.

There were other periscope type names, but not specifically periscope.

It's a free app. It's a iPhone app. You may be looking at iPad apps so you need to change your setting on the top left side of the page to see stuff for the iPhone. You can still use it on an iPad though.

Thanks for the tip. I will look on my iPhone.

EDIT: found and loaded it.

Edited by A&L_Ont

Nice. I was going to suggest that you ask Owen to help you find it. He's probably better at this stuff then we are.

He's to young for now, but in a few years we'll be hooped with what he knows and we don't. :eek:

So how does it work. When you go to post a live feed will my device notify me to that you are on-line? When your broadcast is done will it still be available later or is it more like an instant facetime, just for the mases?

I watched a few "individuals" this morning after I loaded the app and there is a wide spread in the quality of their productions. ;)

Edited by A&L_Ont

He's to young for now, but in a few years we'll be hooped with what he knows and we don't. :eek:

So how does it work. When you go to post a live feed will my device notify me to that you are on-line? When your broadcast is done will it still be available later or is it more like an instant facetime, just for the mases?

I watched a few "individuals" this morning after I loaded the app and there is a wide spread in the quality of their productions. ;)

I don't think your device can notify you but I'm not positive about that.

I'll try and post in this thread when I am about to go on periscope. And if you can't watch it live, the videos will still be viewable for 24 hours. After 24 hours they disappear.

If you do watch it live, you can type questions or comments and the person shooting the video can respond verbally in real time.

Hey YorkVillain!

I'm hoping that you might b able to Upload the Cruise Compass when you get back. I'm looking for all 7 Days of the Western before my partner and I head off fr it in November! Don't really need the shopping guides... Just Day 1-7 of the Compass so we can kind of plan our activities a little bit ahead of time!

Your Help would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!

Thanks in Advance and Have a GREAT Cruise!

I don't think your device can notify you but I'm not positive about that.

I'll try and post in this thread when I am about to go on periscope. And if you can't watch it live, the videos will still be viewable for 24 hours. After 24 hours they disappear.

If you do watch it live, you can type questions or comments and the person shooting the video can respond verbally in real time.

Awesome. Thanks for the info. If you get a bunch of hearts during a live broadcast it will be Lisa not me. :p Not that there is anything wrong with that.

I'd like to see Courtney get the Saturday morning ice water wake up. I sure wouldn't want to be there to witness the aftermath. :D

Edited by A&L_Ont

Excellent! Looking forward to your review and following you on Periscope.

Have really enjoyed many of your other reports--as I am a morning person, thanks to you I've gotten to see first hand what goes on after 10 p.m. that I am missing :D

Hey YorkVillain!

I'm hoping that you might b able to Upload the Cruise Compass when you get back. I'm looking for all 7 Days of the Western before my partner and I head off fr it in November! Don't really need the shopping guides... Just Day 1-7 of the Compass so we can kind of plan our activities a little bit ahead of time!

Your Help would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!

Thanks in Advance and Have a GREAT Cruise!

I may try to upload them during the week with the scanner app on my ipad. If it's too much of a pain I will at least take pictures of them.