Drink of the day

iiramos

Upon my research, after the recent price changes, I was informed that the Drink of the day was around $8.50.... Does this still include the souvenier glass like in the past? (not getting a package, as the hubs and I are not big drinkers and have many port days....just curious as I am daydreaming about our upcoming cruise)

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Edited by iiramos

Upon my research, after the recent price changes, I was informed that the Drink of the day was around $8.50.... Does this still include the souvenier glass like in the past? (not getting a package, as the hubs and I are not big drinkers and have many port days....just curious as I am daydreaming about our upcoming cruise)

Yes, the drink of the day includes a souvenir glass. Same price whether you get the souvenir glass or not.

Thank you sir! I am speaking for myself and many others, but I appreciate you always being there to politely answer the many questions that get posted here daily 😊

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Exactly. Bob has helped so many people over the years. He is a wealth of knowledge ,has a sense of humour and never shows attitude. Keep helping us Bob.

On the Adventure last week, the drink of the day was always $10. The one time we purchased it, the souvenir glass was brought after the drink, which was served in a regular glass.

Did you know they were going to do it that way or did you ask them to serve it in a regular glass? Did you ask for the souvenir glass or did they just give it to you? Just curious since I like to get the drink of the day and have a nice collection of the souvenir glasses, but really don't need anymore of them.

Drinks of the Day on Explorer in June were $8.50. However, the "glasses" - at least at the bars we got our drinks at - were plastic with colored LED lights in a base at the bottom you could turn on and off, not glass as we have gotten on past cruises.

Edited by kccrzr

Have had drink of the day - just in plain glass. Are you to ask for souvenir glass if you want one?

That would be my guess.

I'll bet that some ships don't put the DOD in the souvenir glasses because they feel the bulk of the people are on the drink packages, which don't include souvenir glasses.

Did you know they were going to do it that way or did you ask them to serve it in a regular glass? Did you ask for the souvenir glass or did they just give it to you? Just curious since I like to get the drink of the day and have a nice collection of the souvenir glasses, but really don't need anymore of them.

My husband simply ordered the drink of the day and made no mention of the souvenir glass. The server brought the drink, then a while later, brought the souvenir glass. I am sure we could have asked her not to bring it or told her we didn't want it.

Bob, question (or anyone else who can answer)...with a premium drink package, can you order the Drink of the Day and keep the souvenir glass or do you have to ask for the drink of the day without the glass so you don't get charged for it? I thought I read somewhere you have to tell them without the glass.

Bob, question (or anyone else who can answer)...with a premium drink package, can you order the Drink of the Day and keep the souvenir glass or do you have to ask for the drink of the day without the glass so you don't get charged for it? I thought I read somewhere you have to tell them without the glass.

The souvenir glasses are not included with any package. If you want one, you would have to pay extra, something like $3.

My husband simply ordered the drink of the day and made no mention of the souvenir glass. The server brought the drink, then a while later, brought the souvenir glass. I am sure we could have asked her not to bring it or told her we didn't want it.

Thanks Cindy. That is helpful to know.

Yes, the drink of the day includes a souvenir glass. Same price whether you get the souvenir glass or not.

Unless at the onboard comedians say that souvenir glass is the thing that puts your suitcase over 50 lbs! :D