Princess Profile survey requesting my CC login

flip side of fifty

As a "member" of the Princess Community Profile survey group I was recently sent a survey from Princess Cruises requesting an assortment of my cruise likes/preferences, etc.

This one was similar to ones I have received in the past, except for one thing. Towards the end of the survey I was asked if I was a member of the Cruise Critic forum. I responded Yes. Then it requested my Login name. :confused::(

I found this strange, did not provide the information, and the more I think of it, it annoys me. Has anyone else had this survey sent to them, and if so, how did you respond?

I received and responded to it. They were asking for your CC name, NOT your login.

You do have the option of not doing the survey or participate in the community. This survey was sent by someone who works for Princess and is above board.

Another thing is you're NOT supposed to discuss the Private Princess Community here.

I received the same survey that asked if I was active on CC and if so what was my screen name. I didn't answer but after that it asked for my Captains Circle number which I thought they knew when I joined the Princess discussion group so figured it was as a scam and deleted the whole thing.

I received and responded to it. They were asking for your CC name, NOT your login.

You do have the option of not doing the survey or participate in the community. This survey was sent by someone who works for Princess and is above board.

Another thing is you're NOT supposed to discuss the Private Princess Community here.

My Bad on two points::o

1 I completed that survey, then in my memory (I am on the "Flip side of Fifty" and counting as my name says..) retained the question as "CC log in" instead of "CC Name". Really with that information you would not have anything to go on, except my past comments.

2 I did not know (again retain!!) that I was not suppose to discuss anything from that survey - and I have not up to this point so I will definitely not do so in the future.

I wrote this as a result of reading another member's comments, and probably didn't think enough about it before writing in. I have been participating in the survey when asked and will continue to do so, and follow the rules.:o

I received the same survey that asked if I was active on CC and if so what was my screen name. I didn't answer but after that it asked for my Captains Circle number which I thought they knew when I joined the Princess discussion group so figured it was as a scam and deleted the whole thing.

I did enter my member number before submitting......:confused:

Now I hope this was legit - :(

Perhaps it is Princess' attempt to crack down on alcohol smuggling.

The will read the posts here on CC, find out who's user name that belongs to, and ensure that the luggage is checked closely as it goes through the scanner.:D

LOL. I don't know if the members of the "Super Secret Pinky Swear Bestest Princesses Ever Club" would be breaking the rules. :p

Perhaps it is Princess' attempt to crack down on alcohol smuggling.

The will read the posts here on CC, find out who's user name that belongs to, and ensure that the luggage is checked closely as it goes through the scanner.:D

I get the humor of your post, but it did make me realize that Princess, or more likely the survey provider they contract with, fails to grasp the fundamental principal that cruise critic is deliberately an anonymous message board community.

My guess is the results will show a disproportionate amount of responses will leave that answer blank. Or will some people deliberately put the screen name of another member whose posting style they may find, shall we say, contrary to their own. Duplicate CC names in the results would definitely throw off whatever was the real information they were looking for.

A few years ago a bar tender told me that they have a book with all the elite passengers pictures at various locations throughout the ship to recognize them and provide excellent service. I don't know if they still do this. With the numbers of elite pax on ship, it seemed it would be almost too large to be of use.

Why does Princess want to know your CC identity?

A fair question, and who really knows? But I do have one theory, although I may be totally off base here....

There is one well known CC member active mostly on the HAL board, that as a result of her loyal cheerleading for HAL, among other reasons, was selected as a Mariner Society (HAL's loyalty club) Ambassador, and was given a very high honor by HAL at a naming ceremony....

Again, can't say Princess is looking for the same, but hey....'you never know'...;)

...There is one well known CC member active mostly on the HAL board, that as a result of her loyal cheerleading for HAL, among other reasons, was selected as a Mariner Society (HAL's loyalty club) Ambassador, and was given a very high honor by HAL at a naming ceremony....

Again, can't say Princess is looking for the same, but hey....'you never know'...;)

If it is who I think it is on the HAL board, she has about a bazillion sea days logged, so she probably deserved it anyway :).

I do recall once being on a Hawaii R/T on X, with an excellent CD. He somehow figured out who I was on CC and mentioned my screen name.

As for Princess, I might be uncomfortable volunteering my screen name for a survey, unless they're offering priority tendering (I'm a lowly Platinum) ;).

Could it be that Princess would like some constructive reports "good or bad" on their product and that if salient points are mentioned enough, by lots of people, then things might change for the better. I know that you get a survey to fill in after a cruise but by Princess looking at all your posts on CC, they can compare their product to that of other cruise lines.

I think I would chuck the whole survey at that point. I'm suspicious. Even if it is from Princess, the question is inappropriate.

Jim

I totally agree. Going on my second Princess cruise today and have found

several issues already that are not passenger friendly or pro-active for the passengers that I have found on the 6 or 7 other cruise lines, from Carnival to Oceania. To me, this is another example. I will not put in my CC name, but will do the survey.

Hi All

Princess knows who we are, and so does senior crew, once met a Captain in

port, he addressed me as Shogun and chatted to me about a post I had made

about him a year before.

yours Shogun

I hope that post was not negative. :)

A few years ago a bar tender told me that they have a book with all the elite passengers pictures at various locations throughout the ship to recognize them and provide excellent service. I don't know if they still do this. With the numbers of elite pax on ship, it seemed it would be almost too large to be of use.

On my next cruise (B2B) I anticipate "graduating" from Platinum to ELITE, I'll watch to see if I'm treated better the last week.

several issues already that are not passenger friendly or pro-active for the passengers that I have found on the 6 or 7 other cruise lines, from Carnival to Oceania. To me, this is another example. I will not put in my CC name, but will do the survey.

Examples?

Well, you really shouldn't compare Princess with Oceania... that's comparing apples to pomegranates! In my opinion, Carnival is the worst. Are there things each line does better, yes, of course. But if you go on your cruise nitpicking and comparing everything, you won't have an enjoyable time, guaranteed!

Yes, please do give us examples of what you think other cruise lines do so much better than Princess.

Thank you.