Princess Profile survey requesting my CC login

flip side of fifty

I asked that very question on the site after the survey came out and this was the response:

Good Question! We read Cruise Critic as do many other cruise lines. Knowing who in our community are also Cruise Critic members may provide us with an opportunity for conducting future research projects examining how social media might influence guest vacation choices, bookings, and cruise experiences in general.

I use the exact same screen name here and there so it wouldn't be that difficult to make the connection.

A few years ago a bar tender told me that they have a book with all the elite passengers pictures at various locations throughout the ship to recognize them and provide excellent service. I don't know if they still do this. With the numbers of elite pax on ship, it seemed it would be almost too large to be of use.

Seriously? Too funny. I think I have always had good service, overall, on Princess. Maybe sometimes the black card comes in handy.

I use the exact same screen name here and there so it wouldn't be that difficult to make the connection.

I do the same. Whats the big secret? Its really not that hard to figure out and I am not afraid of someone assuming my identity. :rolleyes:

They are wanting to take experience and opinions and improve the Princess experience.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

I totally agree. Going on my second Princess cruise today and have found

several issues already that are not passenger friendly or pro-active for the passengers that I have found on the 6 or 7 other cruise lines, from Carnival to Oceania. To me, this is another example. I will not put in my CC name, but will do the survey.

Have no idea if you are saying that you found similar or different issues on other lines than on Princess. Nor what this has to do with the topic at hand which is regarding an e-mail targeted to one specific Princess "community" and not the general survey that all passengers receive after a cruise.

(but would like to hear specific examples either way as well)

As I see it the purpose of a survey is to help the cruise line learn how to make passengers have a pleasant experience and become loyal repeat customers without going bankrupt. So it is to our benefit to complete any legitimate survey. A possible reason for wanting to know screen names would be to separate the objective commenters from the chronic complainers.

As I see it the purpose of a survey is to help the cruise line learn how to make passengers have a pleasant experience and become loyal repeat customers without going bankrupt. So it is to our benefit to complete any legitimate survey. A possible reason for wanting to know screen names would be to separate the objective commenters from the chronic complainers.

There is a big difference in a survey question about one's general use of message board communities versus asking a member to give out the screen name that they use in one specific community where anonymity is a requirement of use. And it would be completely out of line for Princess to judge the legitimacy of someone's comments or complaints made directly to them based on what may have also been posted on this message board under the protection of said anonymity as you propose.

Edited by fishywood

I received and responded to it. They were asking for your CC name, NOT your login.

You do have the option of not doing the survey or participate in the community. This survey was sent by someone who works for Princess and is above board.

Another thing is you're NOT supposed to discuss the Private Princess Community here.

I wouldn't give them that either.

Why on earth do they want to keep track of what I post on CC. NONE of their business.

Seriously? Too funny. I think I have always had good service, overall, on Princess. Maybe sometimes the black card comes in handy.

Yeah can't understand why they'd need a book of pictures when a quick glance at your card tells them all.

There is a big difference in a survey question about one's general use of message board communities versus asking a member to give out the screen name that they use in one specific community where anonymity is a requirement of use. And it would be completely out of line for Princess to judge the legitimacy of someone's comments or complaints made directly to them based on what may have also been posted on this message board under the protection of said anonymity as you propose.

I'll just tell them my name is Colo Cruiser. :p (No I won't. I'm not a member of the secret club. ;))

And you know how much you look like a picture taken for your cruise card recognition on a past cruise.

Funnily much thinner last cruise.

I ahve been told that when they swipe your card (on the newer system) you photo come up like when disembarking and embarking in port.

Funnily much thinner last cruise.

I have been told that when they swipe your card (on the newer system) you photo come up like when disembarking and embarking in port.

Yes, when they scan your card with the new hand-held scanners they see your picture, just like when your card was inserted into the now obsolete machines that looked like a podium that went "ding" when your card was recognized.

Yes, when they scan your card with the new hand-held scanners they see your picture, just like when your card was inserted into the now obsolete machines that looked like a podium that went "ding" when your card was recognized.

I miss the ding. :(

Yeah can't understand why they'd need a book of pictures when a quick glance at your card tells them all.

The excellent service comment seemed like quoting SOP. I think he also mentioned something about addressing Elite passengers by name. Never has happened to me though on any of my Elite cruises.

Hi There

Have boarded ship, still in the atrium and have senior crew members address my self and DW by name.

Very nice touch,

yours Shgun

It's a very nice touch! After a couple of days the waiter/waitress' in the places we frequent know who we are and what we drink! An extra tip helps with that! :eek: One day we didn't show up but the next day the waitress asked where we had been and had we been sick! :D

As for a Secret Club, my arzz! It's not limited because even I am a member! I ask and within a week I got an email. So no-big-deal if a lowly platinum member can join! Sorry to bust your bubbles or whatever! :p

Just Mike

Yes, it had been requested of both of us as well. We did not provide them. We always tell them what we think as Princess Community members even when it's not positive. As they say, "it's your call!":D

Well, don't complain when discounts may be offered, or freebies, etc. I think Princess does value everyone's opinions but there's so much complaining they (and everyone) can handle....

By the way, that Princess website moderators do know what our CC names are as I was told one of my posts wasn't appropriate. So, asking our CC names may just be a way to see who's cooperative and willing to work with them.

Again, everyone has a choice, to work with Princess or not, to take the surveys or not, to answer questions or not. I do feel privileged to have been asked to join.

It's a very nice touch! After a couple of days the waiter/waitress' in the places we frequent know who we are and what we drink! An extra tip helps with that! :eek: One day we didn't show up but the next day the waitress asked where we had been and had we been sick! :D

As for a Secret Club, my arzz! It's not limited because even I am a member! I ask and within a week I got an email. So no-big-deal if a lowly platinum member can join! Sorry to bust your bubbles or whatever! :p

Just Mike

Mike, I've been told not to give any information about what's being discussed on the Private Princess board... and I'm happy to comply... if any of you want to get kicked out, then please do keep on giving confidential information.

I'll just tell them my name is Colo Cruiser. :p (No I won't. I'm not a member of the secret club. ;))

No secret, because its already my name on that website.

Why would I hide anything?

Are they gonna clean out all the cruises in my account and all of them head to Switzerland and use my Captains Circle# for a swiss bank account??? :eek: