Extremes: Forward or Aft...S Class AQ cabins

Accessor

We have two choices. Need advice please. Penthouse Deck 11 Cabin 1502 which is all the way forward as high as you can go and partially under the gym...Or

Deck 11 Cabin 1654 which is almost all the way Aft. Rooms above us. Some shade.

Concerns are forward will be super windy and no privacy with the wing from the bridge. All the way back shady and longer walks to elevators.

Please chime in if you have been this far forward or aft on S class. Need to know ASAP as they are holding both for us!

Thank you!

Mark

We would always choose aft. The few times we have been forward DH has always gotten seasick' date=' but not so when our cabin is aft.[/quote']

Thanks for the input. That's another knock against forward. Never considered it, I don't get seasick but my DW is prone to motion sickness

It's just as far from the front of the ship to the front elevators as it is from the aft of the ship to the aft elevators. Don't let that make your decision, go with cabins above! Aft!

I've been all the way forward and it is also extremely noisy in the AM when docking, anchoring etc. at least on solstice it was. . .

Edited by CathyCruises

We have two choices. Need advice please. Penthouse Deck 11 Cabin 1502 which is all the way forward as high as you can go and partially under the gym...Or

Deck 11 Cabin 1654 which is almost all the way Aft. Rooms above us. Some shade.

Concerns are forward will be super windy and no privacy with the wing from the bridge. All the way back shady and longer walks to elevators.

Please chime in if you have been this far forward or aft on S class. Need to know ASAP as they are holding both for us!

Thank you!

Mark

Aft:

3fc72105-ccbe-4841-ad89-22907f5cb86d.jpg

DSC01755.jpg

Its not that bad of a walk...really:

DSC01748.jpg

It's just as far from the front of the ship to the front elevators as it is from the aft of the ship to the aft elevators. Don't let that make your decision, go with cabins above! Aft!

I've been all the way forward and it is also extremely noisy in the AM when docking, anchoring etc. at least on solstice it was. . .

We changed cabins to the Aft cabin. It's crazy the ONLY cabin on Sept 22 sailing of Solstice you can book is the forward cabin we just released. ONE cabin left for the entire sailing? How often does this happen?

Thank you everyone for reassuring me this was the best choice. No worrying about any early morning gym rats waking us up...

Go aft!

Then you can nip up to the cafe and grab some sushi before dinner to enjoy in your cabin! Otherwise it is a long trek to a forward cabin.

That's what we liked! We would eat sushi before a later dinner in the Sunset a Bar. I liked a midaft so I could get to Cafe Bacio in the am for lattes!

Go aft!

Then you can nip up to the cafe and grab some sushi before dinner to enjoy in your cabin! Otherwise it is a long trek to a forward cabin.

Is there stairs you can use to access the cafe?

I thought our only option to move up and down was through the lift or stairs near the lift?