Which port is best to buy charms for bracelet

Raynebaby

I'm thinking of buying my mom's Christmas present while I'm on my cruise in November, she has a new Pandora charm bracelet and I would like to get her a charm, where would be the best place to buy them, doesn't need to be the Pandora brand name either, we will be on the NCL Gem and we're visiting San Juan, St Marteen and St Thomas. The only port we're really have time to shop around is San Juan but I might be able to make a quick stop at the other ports if need be.

Any suggestions?

I'm thinking of buying my mom's Christmas present while I'm on my cruise in November, she has a new Pandora charm bracelet and I would like to get her a charm, where would be the best place to buy them, doesn't need to be the Pandora brand name either, we will be on the NCL Gem and we're visiting San Juan, St Marteen and St Thomas. The only port we're really have time to shop around is San Juan but I might be able to make a quick stop at the other ports if need be.

Any suggestions?

Ste. Marteen has a bunch of the chain stores (Diamonds R Us, etc.) right at the pier. Downtown (Front Street) isn't far away. San Juan and St. Thomas would both require a bit more searching, more shopping time.

the Pandora site will show you the location of all 'official' stores, including cruise ships and the islands.

I see several in the greater San Juan area, at least 9 in St Thomas, 3 in Philipsburg St Martin

IME the price is exactly the same as what you see in the US, but you can save on tax.

Are you sure she wouldn't mind having non-Pandora charms? I only ask because I happen to be a Pandora addict and also a member of online Pandora groups and I know first-hand that a lot of people that collect Pandora won't mix them with other brands. Not to mention the fact that wearing non-Pandora charms on a Pandora bracelet voids the warranty.

With that being said, I know that the Pandora store in St Maarten sells special engraved muranos. They are really special and unique for a Pandora lover. [emoji4] I wouldn't be surprised if St Thomas and San Juan have the same.

ImageUploadedByForums1441927641.898080.jpg.e346d9049a09ae3555e0765016e59578.jpg

Edited by bakersdozen12

You will not save a lot of money. Is this what you really want to do with your valuable port time?

St. Martaan has a street of stores that sells high priced brands. Do you want to spend the day shopping to spend the same amount of money you will at home or do you want to go to Orient beach, Maho Beach, or do an island tour.

You are more likely to be walking around San Juan, so if there is a Pandora store there, I might map it out. Be prepared for a hard sell.

Any suggestions?

Try someplace in each port even if you only have a moment. I got a charm in each port when we went on FOS on the Western route. We were in Cozumel, Grand Cayman and Jamaica. I got something indicative of each place. The Jamaica one says Jamaica. The Grand Cayman is a turtle and I cannot recall what I got in Cozumel- maybe a dolphin?

Anyhow, I guess it just depends what you want to do.

Any suggestions?

In Puerto Rico (San Juan)

The Pandora store closest to port is on the main shopping street in Old San Juan.

And there is no hard sell whenever we visit them. We have always found the staff very nice and helpful . They have a lot of stuff that other stores do not have, so worth a visit if you are really looking for a special charm.

Of course the price will be same as the U.S. But if one wants to save on tax, then St Martin and St Thomas are the places.

St Martin (Ballerina jewelers at the port and in town.....very nice people to deal with)

St Thomas (has a Pandora store at the Haven Sight mall right at the port, though not too much of a choice)

Have fun!:)

editorial comment

PANDORA has pretty good price control in place ..... if you want to sell PANDORA you sell it at the price they set.

I've only seen a couple of places with 'special' PANDORA charms: DISNEY and DISNEY SHIPS. In Cayman the turtle charm and the cruise ship charm are the same ones I find at my local jeweler.

In Cayman there is a PANDORA STORE .... and as far as I know, no other jeweler there sell Pandora . . .

in other words ... different than buying a Rolex!

Edited by Capt_BJ

All three will be easy places to pick up a bead. We've bought on all three islands. For San Juan if you're walking around Old San Juan you'll be on Fortaleza street at some point (beads of the Coqui frog are popular). For the other two I second Ballerina jewelers, they are located on both islands, have a good variety of beads and are low pressure. No price difference with genuine pandora beads as Pandora sets the prices.