Cruise Points Bonus on FR

wolfcathorse

We sail on the Freedom on the 27th.....we bought the Premium Drink Pkg @ $399 x 2 and an excursion at $55 x 2

Because these have been prepaid before our cruise we would still be eligible for the three free cruise points?

And if we are......is this something we would have to apply for or would this be automatically added once the cruise is complete?

We sail on the Freedom on the 27th.....we bought the Premium Drink Pkg @ $399 x 2 and an excursion at $55 x 2

Because these have been prepaid before our cruise we would still be eligible for the three free cruise points?

And if we are......is this something we would have to apply for or would this be automatically added once the cruise is complete?

I think you're ok, but what do I know. Hopefully I will know more on Sunday when I pick Laura up. She won't make it unless she got some bling

Just got off the phone with Crown & Anchor. The rep I spoke with said this was the first question he had gotten on this promotion and after reading the Terms and Conditions he said it wasn't clear to him either.

He put me on hold for a long time and when he came back he said he had a long discussion with the Resolutions Dept and they said anything "prepurchased" would NOT count....only onboard purchases. Their suggestion to be able to take advantage of this promotion would be for us to "cancel" our drink packages and excursions and rebook them onboard!!!????? I politely decline.....

I told him that didn't seem fair since they already had our money and he said this was probably something that would have to be "tweaked" later on ��?????

So we will take our cruise on the 27th and I will have a discussion with the Resolutions Dept when we get back. I hope it works out but if not I am certainly not going to worry about it.

Happy Sailing everyone!!!

Edited by GTO-Girl

Just got off the phone with Crown & Anchor. The rep I spoke with said this was the first question he had gotten on this promotion and after reading the Terms and Conditions he said it wasn't clear to him either.

He put me on hold for a long time and when he came back he said he had a long discussion with the Resolutions Dept and they said anything "prepurchased" would NOT count....only onboard purchases. Their suggestion to be able to take advantage of this promotion would be for us to "cancel" our drink packages and excursions and rebook them onboard!!!????? I politely decline.....

I told him that didn't seem fair since they already had our money and he said this was probably something that would have to be "tweaked" later on ��?????

So we will take our cruise on the 27th and I will have a discussion with the Resolutions Dept when we get back. I hope it works out but if not I am certainly not going to worry about it.

Happy Sailing everyone!!!

I absolutely understand not wanting to cancel excursions, as there clearly could be no space available. But why wouldn't you cancel the drink package-- there isn't any benefit to prebooking it, and that would get you awfully close!

I absolutely understand not wanting to cancel excursions, as there clearly could be no space available. But why wouldn't you cancel the drink package-- there isn't any benefit to prebooking it, and that would get you awfully close!

I agree with you about the drink packages but making me obligated to spend another $100 just to get the credits just doesn't sit well with me.

But I don't set the rules so I am not going to stress over it. I am about to go on a cruise and that is really all I care about.

I agree with you about the drink packages but making me obligated to spend another $100 just to get the credits just doesn't sit well with me.

But I don't set the rules so I am not going to stress over it. I am about to go on a cruise and that is really all I care about.

I have to kind of agree with you it does kinda suck that they are baiting us into spending more while aboard, but if standing in a line to buy my drink package ( that I would have purchased any way ) and have a couple of nice dinners, (that we normaly don't see the value in ) will get me the same benefit as a 3 day cruise seems like a fair trade off. Just my humble opinion.

Edited by kike368

I have to kind of agree with you it does kinda suck that they are baiting us into spending more while aboard, but if standing in a line to buy my drink package ( that I would have purchased any way ) and have a couple of nice dinners, (that we normaly don't see the value in ) will get me the same benefit as a 3 day cruise seems like a fair trade off. Just my humble opinion.

what sucks is that everyone in the cabin has to spend that much. That means $900 in on board spending for us. We have never spent that much on a ship.

DH is a diabetic and only drinks an occasional beer. The premium package is just right for me, I don't do specialty coffees or fresh juice.

Looks like he would have to buy you some bling to hold up his end! Lol

Edited by kike368

• 3 weeks later...

We hardly ever come close to $450 per person in onboard spending.

With an average of $200 OBC and usually prebooking the specialty restaurants for our anniversary night, we probably wouldn't make it. We were on board for our 30th anniversary back in 2011 and that couples massage was close to $300. My 35th is coming up, but now I'm just a handful of points past making Diamond and still years from d+ so not sure if it will make me change my spending habits.

With an average of $200 OBC and usually prebooking the specialty restaurants for our anniversary night, we probably wouldn't make it. We were on board for our 30th anniversary back in 2011 and that couples massage was close to $300. My 35th is coming up, but now I'm just a handful of points past making Diamond and still years from d+ so not sure if it will make me change my spending habits.

Hopping on a 3 or 4 nighter is more fun to earn points.

Edited by rt1092

I for one hope they make this a common practice among all ships. DH and I are heavy drinkers, so our one Premium Package and one Ultimate Package will already put us very close. We also tip, shop, and plan on eating at a specialty restaurant at least once. To us $900 is very attainable and we would love to reach higher statuses quicker.

I know this sounds like a crazy idea but I always wondered if anyone has ever added an inside cabin last minute for one of the two cruisers and cancelled them from the shared cabin -- what would the cost be? You'd both get double points and if the inside cabin was cheap enough, it might be worth it.

Of course the cruise line would likely penalize the cancellation from a double occupancy to a single occupancy, but it might be worth it to check (that is, if you're NOT spending $900 on other stuff already).

In theory what you want is to get the double points for cruising solo, but those double points also have a higher cost (from what I understand).

Royal would probably reprice the person remaining in the cabin as a solo at a higher rate, so that would probably cost more overall.

For those that don't accumulate such high onboard spending bills....we would just take another cruise as a better way to use our money.

Edited by Paulette3028

I hope they have this on the Oasis in November. We are going to be 1 pt shy of Platinum at the end of our Oasis cruise in November. We are planning on getting drink packages anyway, so it would not take much more to put us to the correct amount.