Non Alcoholic Cocktails

Vikstar

I don't drink alcohol but would like to indulge in something a little special on the ship. Do Celebrity drinks menus list some non alcoholic cocktail options? I wouldn't have a clue what to order and would really like it if they had something to choose from. Are these drinks likely to be covered under the Classic Package?

Just ask at any bar and they will mix you something to taste asking you you preferences first.

I have been on several Celebrity cruises and I never realized the extent of my non alcohol options. Is there a of drinks available on my non alcohol premium package?

This was actually one of my bugbears on our cruise on Equinox. I don't drink a lot of alcohol, but wanted something a bit special/different in the evenings. There was no list anywhere of non-alcoholic cocktails. Every bar we went into had a list of alcoholic ones, but we couldn't find anything about non-alcoholic.

We asked the bar tenders in the end and they recommended ones - and these seemed to be different at each bar. I remember I could get a virgin pina colada, but can't remember the names of the others I'm afraid.

I'd recommend looking up non-alcoholic cocktails before you go that you think you'd like and then just asking the bartenders for these - I'm pretty sure they'll mix them up for you. That's what I'm going to do when we go in February!

Edited by Mill99

I have the Mixology app on my phone and it's been invaluable to me, to discover things I might like to drink, both alcoholic and non-alcoholic.

It includes recipes with specific brands which is helpful. Their chocolate martini recipe is the best one I've ever had and I plan to show it to one of the Martini Bar bartenders. It's more complex than the one they serve, which is really good, but the Mixology version is so much better.

The app might help you find some things.

In some of the bars you will find one page dedicated to "zero proof" drinks and I want to say that on the table tops in the buffet (or maybe at the buffet bar?) there is a stand up menu with non-alcoholic drinks.

My favorite is the sparkling mint lemonade. I make this one at home on hot days after enjoying it on Celebrity.

If you search for "cruise with gambee" you can find a page on his website with menu photos. About halfway down in the Sky Lounge menu you can see the zero proof selections which include:

strawberry banana soda

sparkling mint lemonade

raspberry fizz

watermelon tropic

I don't drink alcohol but would like to indulge in something a little special on the ship. Do Celebrity drinks menus list some non alcoholic cocktail options? I wouldn't have a clue what to order and would really like it if they had something to choose from. Are these drinks likely to be covered under the Classic Package?

An easy way would be to put the word virgin in front of any frozen cocktail. Virgin Piña Colada, Virgin mudslide are two popular ones.

My OH doesnt drink alcohol. Hes had quite a few virgin cocktails. If you look at a poolside bar you will see some of the blends they have such as pina colada, ice cream, sour, strawberry etc and they will blend any combo of those for you. Its interesting to try new combinations.

The Martini Bar did him a nice strawberry blended drink and tried to jazz it up differently each night with chocolate sauces, strawberry sauce or cream.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The mint muddled lemonade is good... kind of like a virgin mojito. They also make a watermelon and I think strawberry type spritzer. The bar in the buffet dining area seemed to have a list of non alcoholic beverages. And I believe the Daily planner usually listed the nonalcoholic drink of the day.

As one of the other posters commented .... you can pretty much order just about any drink "virgin".

BUT

Be prepared to have a struggle with some bartenders. Personally, I'm not a huge fan of consuming alcoholic beverages before lunch. I found when ordering a "virigin pina colada" it was met with some resistance from the bartenders ....friendly cajoling that a little alcohol would not hurt.

I swear sometimes alcohol found its way into my drink even though i didn't want it.

Depending on the bartenders you may have to be very strict in your request.

Never, ever occurred to me order a virgin mudslide. Sounds delish.

In some of the bars you will find one page dedicated to "zero proof" drinks and I want to say that on the table tops in the buffet (or maybe at the buffet bar?) there is a stand up menu with non-alcoholic drinks.

My favorite is the sparkling mint lemonade. I make this one at home on hot days after enjoying it on Celebrity.

If you search for "cruise with gambee" you can find a page on his website with menu photos. About halfway down in the Sky Lounge menu you can see the zero proof selections which include:

strawberry banana soda

sparkling mint lemonade

raspberry fizz

watermelon tropic

This page was also in the Ensemble Lounge book each evening. Raspberry Fizz is very good!

As one of the other posters commented .... you can pretty much order just about any drink "virgin".

BUT

Be prepared to have a struggle with some bartenders. Personally, I'm not a huge fan of consuming alcoholic beverages before lunch. I found when ordering a "virigin pina colada" it was met with some resistance from the bartenders ....friendly cajoling that a little alcohol would not hurt.

I swear sometimes alcohol found its way into my drink even though i didn't want it.

Depending on the bartenders you may have to be very strict in your request.

Never, ever occurred to me order a virgin mudslide. Sounds delish.

That bartender was out of line (in my opinion)....there are some folks

who do not drink PERIOD......he should have made you the drink you

asked for...without the booze. I am surprised to be honest with you...

normally a good bartender will make the drink you requested. Sounds

like he was not doing his job. I know my post may sound harsh but

if you ordered something without the liquor in it, that is what you

should have received.

That bartender was out of line (in my opinion)....there are some folks

who do not drink PERIOD......he should have made you the drink you

asked for...without the booze. I am surprised to be honest with you...

normally a good bartender will make the drink you requested. Sounds

like he was not doing his job. I know my post may sound harsh but

if you ordered something without the liquor in it, that is what you

should have received.

I agree with you whole-heartedly which is why I mentioned it here.

The OP did not mention why they were not drinking alcohol (we do not need to know either). Especially if someone is an alcoholic or taking meds for which alcohol is contra-indicated .... there could be consequences to this situation.