Luminae nearing the six month mark?

Wj420

We know Luminae debuted on all ships April 2015. As the end of the Europe season quickly approaches has anyone experienced locally sourced foods? This is one of the features that seemed so cool. We had the pleasure of dining at luminae the second week on the silhouette, right before the trans. The new furniture wasn't in yet. We are excited so be sailing on the Equniox in October and see what Luminae looks and feels like complete.

Any update on the 'only two lunch menus'?

As a soup and salad girl at lunchtime I could end up very bored on my next cruise which has quite a few sea days! As in the evening, can you ask for items from the buffet or MDR? I am not suggesting a full menu but it would be nice to be offered the soup of the day!

We were on Equinox in April as Luminae was launched. We did enjoy but there were some niggles re opening times and variety of menus. I am aware opening times now seem sorted, hopefully now they will work on variety, especially at lunchtime!

I'm on Equinox now. Luminae is fantastic! Definitely the best food I've had on a cruise. But it would be very nice to have at least one local item per menu, but they are the standard rotating menus that have already been posted. I've only been to four lunches, but have seen three different menus and my mother says she saw a fourth on a day I didn't lunch. No Luminae items on the breakfast menu, as far as I could tell, and room service definitely arrived from the regular kitchen as my blueberry pancakes were quite different than those served in Luminae.

There's a definitive lack of salads on the Luminae menu, but they seemed more than happy to fill a request for salad at dinner and I think they'd try to fulfill any reasonable request. We haven't been given the MDR menus, but also haven't requested them.

Happy to answer any questions.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

I'm on Equinox now. Luminae is fantastic! Definitely the best food I've had on a cruise. But it would be very nice to have at least one local item per menu, but they are the standard rotating menus that have already been posted. I've only been to four lunches, but have seen three different menus and my mother says she saw a fourth on a day I didn't lunch. No Luminae items on the breakfast menu, as far as I could tell, and room service definitely arrived from the regular kitchen as my blueberry pancakes were quite different than those served in Luminae.

There's a definitive lack of salads on the Luminae menu, but they seemed more than happy to fill a request for salad at dinner and I think they'd try to fulfill any reasonable request. We haven't been given the MDR menus, but also haven't requested them.

Thank you for your feedback.

Have a wonderful cruise!

Edited by jenniebnyc

Thank you for your reply.

is the Luminae dinner menu posted outside restaurant so you can preview it ?

We like to see the menu ahead of time to decide if we want to change to a specialty restaurant for that evening based on the appeal of that evening's menu. Thanks.

We enjoyed Luminae very much last month on the summit. Menu is posted outside the restaurant. We found the food to be excellent, great staff and lovely atmosphere. I'm quite a plain eater and one evening there just wasn't anything I really wanted so I asked if it was possible to have something off the MDR menu. It was brought to me immediately though I didn't notice anyone else the whole week requesting this.

Just allow quite a bit of time, it's definitely not a rush in and rush out. It's more a really enjoyable leisurely dining experience.

Definitely got the thumbs up from us.

An assortment of breads are offered as a starter at Dinner. Btw, a couple of times we wanted to make the 9:15 show and didn't arrive for dinner until 8:00 and they were very accommodating getting us thru dinner in time...you just need to communicate your needs.

The bread basket is the starter?

Good to hear they'll grant requests. I like my steamed, plain green veggies and salads, and I will definitely ask for some at least once a day. They were very good in Blu about bringing me spinach and broccoli, things like that, so I'm happy to know Luminae will be just as accommodating.

No, someone above asked if anything was served "as a starter" to dinner. They have bread, but of course there are Starters on the menu.

Also, we did ask for a salad a couple of times and found Lumanae to be very accommodating. We were on the Constellation out of Venice on Aug 23rd

By starter, I meant amuse bouche. It's bread basket, then appetizer. My apologies.

Good to hear they'll grant requests. I like my steamed, plain green veggies and salads, and I will definitely ask for some at least once a day. They were very good in Blu about bringing me spinach and broccoli, things like that, so I'm happy to know Luminae will be just as accommodating.

I don't know what they do to it, but their spinach is phenomenal. But it's more than just plain steamed, lots of good flavor.

We loved the lunches on the Equinox on 24th Aug sailing. 3 different menus - everything I had was good. Some of the dinner menus did not float my boat - should have really asked for something from the main dining room on those nights, but the ambience, service etc made up for everything. Next time, I will ask our Butler to bring us the menus in the morning so that we can decide whether to go somewhere else that night. My only complaint would be the quality of the NY strip was very poor, but the Filet Mignon was great.

We enjoyed our time in the restaurant. I do think an increase in vegetables would be a good idea. The last night we had a great kale salad though.

The lunch menu could use an update on descriptions. That is rather humorous to think you are getting one thing and get something completely different. The arugula with heirloom tomatoes and goat cheese is not a salad but a pizza. The cobb salad with steak is quarter part lettuce with two strips of bacon, liberal blue cheese and an entire filet Mignon next to it.

I think it is good, we did not have extended hours and they are rather skinny in time and on our cruise strict to opening and closings. One day we came at the end of the time at lunch and were offered entrees only. But they are huge and it worked out.

I only noticed two menu's last week on the Infinity for lunch. There are a lot of offerings on them though. The appetizer is like a meal itself. Decided not to weigh myself until next week. :o

We enjoyed our time in the restaurant. I do think an increase in vegetables would be a good idea. The last night we had a great kale salad though.

The lunch menu could use an update on descriptions. That is rather humorous to think you are getting one thing and get something completely different. The arugula with heirloom tomatoes and goat cheese is not a salad but a pizza. The cobb salad with steak is quarter part lettuce with two strips of bacon, liberal blue cheese and an entire filet Mignon next to it.

I think it is good, we did not have extended hours and they are rather skinny in time and on our cruise strict to opening and closings. One day we came at the end of the time at lunch and were offered entrees only. But they are huge and it worked out.

I only noticed two menu's last week on the Infinity for lunch. There are a lot of offerings on them though. The appetizer is like a meal itself. Decided not to weigh myself until next week. :o

Don't accept strict limitations on hours and menus. That is not what was promised and is the usual Celebrity cost cutting in action. It seems t be ship dependent. I complained t the F&B manager and got results.