Anyone have a good packing list?

mommyto3nj

Definitely bring a jacket and long pants. And a sweater for the warm evenings, may be cool inside with the AC on.

I'm leaving from NY in November also, plan on wearing my jean jacket & closed shoes for Sunday, possibly Monday (s/b near the Carolina's, can still be cool). Thinking once we hit Florida & Bahamas can wear shorts & tees.

I think 3/4 or even long sleeve shirts for night s/b okay also, as long as not real heavy winter tops, won't be too hot in them. Otherwise, I'm dressing for spring / summer, or as it is here in the NE :o

We wear something warm on board and wear it on the way home. When we have left out of Boston in late October it is usually warm enough the next day to wear capris and light sweater or sweat shirt. We leave on 10/30/15 for 14 night out of Boston and will pack the same. I only bring sandals for the cruise and one pair of shoes for coming and going off the cruise. I don't pack a lot of shorts anymore because we are usually in bathing suits all day and evening casual at night. Bring lots of bathing suits and covers.

Definitely bring a jacket and long pants. And a sweater for the warm evenings, may be cool inside with the AC on.

I'm leaving from NY in November also, plan on wearing my jean jacket & closed shoes for Sunday, possibly Monday (s/b near the Carolina's, can still be cool). Thinking once we hit Florida & Bahamas can wear shorts & tees.

I think 3/4 or even long sleeve shirts for night s/b okay also, as long as not real heavy winter tops, won't be too hot in them. Otherwise, I'm dressing for spring / summer, or as it is here in the NE :o

Pretty much this - You'll mostly need warm clothes like pants and sweaters for the embark/ disembark days and 1st/ last afternoon seaday, that's it. Then spring / summer clothes for the other days plus a sweater / wrap / scarf for indoors like the MDR because the A/C can be extremely cold at times.

Edit: Still needing a packing list, here's one from independent travelers - http://www.independenttraveler.com/packing

Edited by maywell

What are the prices like?>

Per item prices are expensive. But the mid-week bag special is reasonable imo.

It is something like $25 for an all-you-can-fit bag and those bags hold a lot if you tightly roll the clothes and stuff socks into the corners.

Especially for a November cruise out of NYC where it will be cooler and then warmer?

when we did this a few years back, it was mild leaving out of NYC.. we spent a wonderful week in the warm weather only to come back to SNOW (in october).

I recommend you check out Pintrest.. there are some amazing packing lists and checklists you can print out and use

to those who have used the all-you-can-fit laundry bag: any estimate of how big it is? like, would it be one large load?

More like 1/2 of a small load, and I'm being generous. Mid week they usually run a $25 special. I've used it before but hate the smell of the clothes when they come back. They are clean but not that fresh at home smell.

• 1 month later...
We love the laundry service at the mid point of a seven day cruise. We have learned to pack half as less.

how long does it take to get your clothes back on a 7 night cruise if you use that bargain bag mid journey? I was going to pack less and wash the clothes we used in NOLA for 3 nights once on board with the regular pricing so I could get it back next day. BUT if the bag comes back next day, I would do that. thx.

how long does it take to get your clothes back on a 7 night cruise if you use that bargain bag mid journey? I was going to pack less and wash the clothes we used in NOLA for 3 nights once on board with the regular pricing so I could get it back next day. BUT if the bag comes back next day, I would do that. thx.

If you have it out for pickup by your room steward in the morning, it should be back the evening of the next day.