Tropical Storm Joaquin's effect on Breakaway cruise 10/4

Mikkar

And now a Royal Caribbean ship is heading to Canada instead of Bermuda. Ugh

That's because the ship was scheduled to arrive in Bermuda on Monday and would have had to cruise directly into the path of the storm to do so.

The Breakaway doesn't arrive in Bermuda until Wednesday and can avoid the path of the storm by first cruising south close to the US coast and then go east toward Bermuda after the storm has moved past. It will still be a bumpy ride, but doesn't require sailing into the path of the storm

My girlfriends friend just called her and told her she heard we are going to Canada now. Has anyone else heard this?????

I wonder if someone in that exchange is confused by the following alert that has been posted on NCL.com.....

Norwegian Sky

Updated October 1, 2015 - 3:00 PM EST

At Norwegian Cruise Line, the safety and security of our guests is our number one priority. We have been closely monitoring Hurricane Joaquin. Due to the storm's projected track, Norwegian Sky will be altering her itinerary for the cruise departing October 2 to ensure our guests have the best vacation experience possible.

Norwegian Sky will not call in Great Stirrup Cay on Sunday. Instead, the ship will remain at sea on Saturday and call in Nassau on Sunday morning.We continue to monitor the storm and any further updates will be posted here.

The first time I read that I thought it said something about all Norwegian cruises with an October 2nd departure.

My girlfriends friend just called her and told her she heard we are going to Canada now. Has anyone else heard this?????

On the NCL.com main page under ALERTS is where the annoucement of itinerary change will be. Until I see something THERE I won't take the word of a friend of a friend.

However, Canada won't be too bad if this is true, the Foliage is at peak right now. Making the most of it!

On the NCL.com main page under ALERTS is where the annoucement of itinerary change will be. Until I see something THERE I won't take the word of a friend of a friend.

However, Canada won't be too bad if this is true, the Foliage is at peak right now. Making the most of it!

Same here. Until I see it posted by NCL, I'm not believing anything else.

Just wish to hell we could find out ASAP.

What did you do in Canada? What excursions? I figure if I researched it in advance it would jinx us so we wont be diverted to Canada!

I was on a tour of Old Quebec where they told us the found a way to deal with the pigeon population problem. They built a large heated bird feeder to feed the birds during the Winter, but mixed in birth control medication so they couldn't breed.

I pondered what they thought of cruise ship tourists.

I told my friend to tell her friend not to call her lolNCl said in 21 years they never went to Canada like this and that if anything we'll end up in the carribbean. I'm being positive. Hoping Bermuda doesn't get hit today!!!! Praying for all seas and sunny skys. Pack ur sunny clothes ppl and say a prayer. We are outta here!!!!!

These posts have all been very helpful, thank you all! Weather be damned ;) we're all going to have a great week! Anyone else coming from upstate NY?

Anything north of the Bronx is Upstate. :p

We are driving down from Orange County tomorrow AM.

One small observation on the NCL site for the cruise on the 4th -you can't view or purchase any excursions for Bermuda as of this morning.

I'm not sure if this is the norm for a cruise leaving in 1 day or not.

That may be a hint.

I just signed into my NCL account to check on excursions & you are correct. All I have offered is 1 dining package. Nothing for Bermuda excursions.

I booked this trip with the ship as my destination, so I'm OK either way.

I really hope we are going some place warm. It's a lot of money dished out to end up in Canada. Wonder what the price difference is...

I honestly wouldn't mind Canada as I worry about the Nassau area where the hurricane just seemed to stay over them for days.

I was looking forward to being docked for a couple days, as I'm better on a ship that's still than constantly moving.:)

But I'm taking my Bonine & will pack a few sweaters. I'll be wearing a jacket anyway because NY will be chilly tomorrow.

Safe travels everyone!

I still see all the Bermuda excursion options when I log in to NCL, not sure why others don't. In vacation summary I click on any of the tabs for Bermuda days, click more options, and it shows all the potential snorkeling, golf etc. same as before.