Tropical Storm Joaquin's effect on Breakaway cruise 10/4

Mikkar

I just wrote them

In fb before about how disappointed I am in them that they haven't said a thing. This is ridiculous leaving tomw and not a soul has been said. I'm pissed. I mean it's tomw!!!!!

Not sure what you want them to say. They can't say they are sure that there aren't changes when they can't guarantee it. They'll announce a change when/if there is one. You need to get more comfortable with ambiguity!

When i booked this, my first cruise I didn't really look at the destination until after I paid for it. I didn't even know where Bermuda was. I could have flown to Bermuda. It's more about the journey than the destination.

If NCL holds true to their schedule, they will announce any itinerary changes in 30-90 minutes from now, based on the time of day they made the change yesterday.

Does it bother anyone that ncl hasn't sent an email, or even acknowledged the storm?? It would be nice to hear something from them. Thanks for everyone's comments on the forum, it has been very helpful, it's nice to get some sort of information.

I just wrote them

In fb before about how disappointed I am in them that they haven't said a thing. This is ridiculous leaving tomw and not a soul has been said. I'm pissed. I mean it's tomw!!!!!

Just be aware that you may not know until you actually check in at the port. You may be handed a piece of paper (much like being told of a NORO outbreak & how changes will be made) informing you of a change.

Just as NCL posted a weather alert for the Sky on their main page (left side yellow box) they may post one for the Breakaway too. Unless I viewed an alert directly from their page, I wouldn't believe any thing written on CC & would just go with the flow.

Just keep checking your FB account & the NCL site, but don't let it ruin your vacation.

Hope you have a great time wherever you go.

Edited by notmyccname

Well something is better then nothing... I mean we're putting our lives in the captains hands during a hurricane. I think we all have the right to know what's going on!!!!! Bermuda under hurricane watch... If Bermuda gets nailed I doubt we'll be going there...

Well something is better then nothing... I mean we're putting our lives in the captains hands during a hurricane. I think we all have the right to know what's going on!!!!! Bermuda under hurricane watch... If Bermuda gets nailed I doubt we'll be going there...

Just relax. What's the difference at this point? Wherever the ship goes, you'll go. We may not know till we're at the pier. So I've packed a hoodie and I'll be wearing a jacket for ny weather anyway. Then I'll get on the ship and go relax in the spa.

I am relaxed. U don't have to tell me... If they turn around and say we are going to Canada u bet ur ass I'll be fighting to go on the following week. Thanks I don't need ur nastiness. I'm entitled to be worried at sea with a hurricane.

I am relaxed. U don't have to tell me... If they turn around and say we are going to Canada u bet ur ass I'll be fighting to go on the following week. Thanks I don't need ur nastiness. I'm entitled to be worried at sea with a hurricane.

There was no nastiness. You obviously can't deal well with uncertainty. As far as I know, there's no recourse if they change the itinerary due to weather. If you're that concerned, cut your losses and cancel.

Not sure what you want them to say. They can't say they are sure that there aren't changes when they can't guarantee it. They'll announce a change when/if there is one. You need to get more comfortable with ambiguity!

Tura Lura are you or your family fro m Norway? My grandmother from Norway used to sing that song.

We aren't scheduled to be in Bermuda until Wednesday. The storm should be way north by then. I myself did not book this trip for the ship. I booked it for the beautiful island.

At this time, there is no reason to believe that our itinerary has changed. Looks like we're on schedule for Bermuda.

I'm looking forward to Bermuda or at least warm weather, but if we go north, then we go north. I'm thrilled to not have to cook, clean, work, think for a week and instead relax, sit in a spa, drink, eat, do nothing for a week. It's a vacation!

I would be anxious too, if I were sailing and wondering where I would be going, if there would be weather issues and the like.

Maybe it's better they are not making a change yet.

FWIW, I have friends who were on the Getaway sailing the Eastern route in August. Two days before sailing, they received an email that they would be doing the Western. They spent their day before their cruise in the hotel room canceling port plans and researching their western ports. They scheduled some non-NCL excursions in Jamaica and Cozumel. AFTER check-in and while waiting to board, they announced they were doing their original itinerary!

All the cruise companies are in a tough spot in these situations. They are relying on various weather predicting sources. Look how many times the forecasts have changed in the last 72 hours......even the sources often disagree. I think they are wise to wait in this case.

I just called and as far as they are concerned we're still going to Bermuda. She said it could change but right now, we're out running it, going around it, whatever. I did score some onboard credit since the price dropped. Could have gotten a cabin upgrade but I want my studio.

Thanks for the update!! That's the type of information I would have thought they would send out to everyone via an email or alert to our NCL accounts, just as an update. Oh well....Joaquin isn't going to ruin my vacation. See everyone tomorrow!

Well it could change! But that's what it is as of the time I called. :)

Thanks for the update!! That's the type of information I would have thought they would send out to everyone via an email or alert to our NCL accounts, just as an update. Oh well....Joaquin isn't going to ruin my vacation. See everyone tomorrow!

I agree! We'll make the best of it and enjoy our vacation. "Que sera, sera!"