Tropical Storm Joaquin's effect on Breakaway cruise 10/4

Mikkar

I've seen many sad stories here about people needing to move their cruise dates because of illness, cancer, and even a home destroyed by Sandy. That is what cruise insurance is for. NCL didn't budge for the reasons listed above - do you really think they are going to let a passenger reschedule at the last minute because they prefer not to head north? Not going to happen.

Ok let's set the record straight here.

NCL is a company that offers a service. Every service company known to man has to keep its customers happy. This is a fact.

I can almost guarantee you that if a service company can reasonably make a customer happy they will do it. I've had a bad experience once with NCL and they made it right, they could have ignored me and stuck to their rules and regulations and contracts but you know what? They made me happy, because the customer is always right.

The thing to remember here is that in the service industry nothing is absolute. I'm sorry if some delusional people think I'm trolling, but if stating facts are trolling then I must be king troll.

Edited by SilentHill

seems like bermuda may take a direct hit :/ i'm hopeful that joaquin will suddenly turn right or at least weaken a bit.... we'll see. *finally* almost done packing - the car comes in about 2.5 hours :D :D :D

I think you mean turn LEFT, not right (we'd get the eye), so to distance the eye from us. The worst (and highest) winds are the eye's surround.

From http://www.weather.bm, closest approach will be 62 nm WNW of Bermuda at 9pm tonight. Also:

HURRICANE WARNING IS IN EFFECT

Sunday, October 04, 2015 07:40 (local)

Based on a slightly closer proximity forecast of

Hurricane Joaquin on its pass by the Island,

Bermuda is now under a Hurricane Warning.

Hurricane force winds expected to occur

especially in the west and over elevated and

exposed areas from this evening into tonight.

Stay abreast of continuing updates and Be Safe

Bermuda!

This said, we have a wedding to go to this afternoon. The bride (my colleague) says it's still on - it's at a clubhouse of Port Royal - so it'll be okay. There should be an open bar serving Dark 'n' Stormies!!!

Here on the home front, we have already had shower, the cat flap is shut tight, all 3 cats are indoors with kitty litter trays out, buckets filled up with water, air conditioners on high to make house icy and drier, etc. We might have power loss.

Well be walking to the pier in just a bit to find out where our vacation is going to be! I have to admit, while I find the speculation interesting, I am truly, TRULY thankful that this is the big concern of the morning! While DSL-to-be and I are perfectly happy going north...or south...and DD is slightly grumpy about going north (she likes warm), none of us are having to worry about how medical tests came out or how we'll pay our bills this month, or if we can find shelter for the night. We are blessed to have this as the big focus right now! See you on board!

Great attitude! Have a good trip

Well be walking to the pier in just a bit to find out where our vacation is going to be! I have to admit, while I find the speculation interesting, I am truly, TRULY thankful that this is the big concern of the morning! While DSL-to-be and I are perfectly happy going north...or south...and DD is slightly grumpy about going north (she likes warm), none of us are having to worry about how medical tests came out or how we'll pay our bills this month, or if we can find shelter for the night. We are blessed to have this as the big focus right now! See you on board!

Have a safe trip. Eat plenty of GREEN APPLES.;)

You're coming to Bermuda, one way or other. If not, you're heading to the Bahamas.

I'm a bit surprised at the people who think they would be heading to Canada and worrying their heads off about warm clothes, etc. Mr. Damn Joaquin is heading AWAY from the Bahamas and towards (to pass by) Canada via Bermuda, so there is NO way for BA to head to Canada.

SAFE SAILS to you. Drink Dark 'n' Stormy on the ship!

By the way, the seas around Bermuda become calm as soon as Joaquin moves away from Bermuda, especially along the south shore. See you (the ship) on Wednesday!!

yay! all packed, luggage tags on, cats' food and treats and whatnot prepped for our cat sitter. we dropped the puppy off last night and bought more dramamine. my doctor was out of the office last week and the other doctor wouldn't call in a script for the patch for me :mad:. hoping i won't really need it but we'll see :)

see everyone on board later today - no matter what happens, we'll have a great trip! it's what you make of it :p

Thanks, biker stars - we've got our ginger pills and Meclazine! From what I've heard from home, Joaquin is headed north but several hundred miles from shore. Maine is looking at mostly sun for the coming week. The Freyburg Fair is relieved since this is the week they're on!

Thanks, biker stars - we've got our ginger pills and Meclazine! From what I've heard from home, Joaquin is headed north but several hundred miles from shore. Maine is looking at mostly sun for the coming week. The Freyburg Fair is relieved since this is the week they're on!

No Worry's!

The weather is always nice inside an NCL ship. :):)

You are a Class Act! Have a safe voyage no matter where you sail....

I think you mean turn LEFT, not right (we'd get the eye), so to distance the eye from us. The worst (and highest) winds are the eye's surround.

From http://www.weather.bm, closest approach will be 62 nm WNW of Bermuda at 9pm tonight. Also:

HURRICANE WARNING IS IN EFFECT

Sunday, October 04, 2015 07:40 (local)

Based on a slightly closer proximity forecast of

Hurricane Joaquin on its pass by the Island,

Bermuda is now under a Hurricane Warning.

Hurricane force winds expected to occur

especially in the west and over elevated and

exposed areas from this evening into tonight.

Stay abreast of continuing updates and Be Safe

Bermuda!

This said, we have a wedding to go to this afternoon. The bride (my colleague) says it's still on - it's at a clubhouse of Port Royal - so it'll be okay. There should be an open bar serving Dark 'n' Stormies!!!

Here on the home front, we have already had shower, the cat flap is shut tight, all 3 cats are indoors with kitty litter trays out, buckets filled up with water, air conditioners on high to make house icy and drier, etc. We might have power loss.

ergh, yes i suppose i did mean left. not very good with directions. good thing i'm not the captain! :D

I just looked at the portofbermudawebcam.com on PTZ Tv, and they show choppy seas . According to their cruiseship schedule, two ships are due tomorrow, with the Breakaway on Wednesday.

Hopefully things will clear by then. Bring plenty of Bonine along, you may need it wherever your cruise takes you.

Are you really that delusional? Ever heard of customer service? I'm not saying that it will happen, but all of you that think that anything that is in the cruise contract is set in stone are hilarious.

Whats hilarious is that you think that the cruise owes you something. If they make an exception for some they have to be fair and make it for everyone.

I just looked at the portofbermudawebcam.com on PTZ Tv, and they show choppy seas . According to their cruiseship schedule, two ships are due tomorrow, with the Breakaway on Wednesday.

Hopefully things will clear by then. Bring plenty of Bonine along, you may need it wherever your cruise takes you.

Carnival Sunshine went to the Eastern Caribbean:)

Whats hilarious is that you think that the cruise owes you something. If they make an exception for some they have to be fair and make it for everyone.

Um, they do owe me something, I paid for a service and they owe that service to me. Also how do they have to be fair? LoL are the fair police going to come get them if they don't?