Tropical Storm Joaquin's effect on Breakaway cruise 10/4

Mikkar

Good question, refund for what? you can still use the spa right? just chill you are on vacation......we could not use our hot tub on the Gem for 2 days in the DOS they had to fix it.......stuff happens. You will be able to enjoy it as soon as the sea calms down or when you are in Port. They are doing this for your own safety......if they kept it open and god forbid someone got hurt or worse, then everyone would be saying " why did they keep it open" NCL cant win for losing, always a few that are unhappy.

Marion

Off subject, got a question for you. Does the H2 on the Gem have two Bose speakers outside like the Pearl?

Actually the Breakaway looks to be pretty close to Bermuda on Sea Scanner and I have been looking from time to time and haven't seen any rough seas at all, perhaps a little choppy but not rough… Now lets hope for some sunshine in Bermuda and more importantly hope and pray for those who's homes and places of business have been damaged. I see the USA has already been there with some aid.

Off subject, got a question for you. Does the H2 on the Gem have two Bose speakers outside like the Pearl?

Yes they have speakers out there i think they are Bose just like the system inside is a Bose, but I'm not 100% sure, we never used them.....brought our own Bose portable that we used with our phone

Marion

Any updates, how was the ride, How are Bermuda and the beaches

From what I've heard the ride was not all that bad guess depends on how you look at it, 15 feet seas are a light snack for the ship.They did however closed all the pools, understandably so. Bermuda said that they are ready for visitors , from the pictures I have seen today the waters look beautiful.

Marion

Just so the right info is out there - we went 175 miles in the wrong direction for the medical emergency. At that location seas were 11 feet. Tuesday afternoon the in room tv showed them at 22 feet. There were definitely people bouncing around and some on their knees in the bathrooms, but the crew said coming back from last weeks cruise was much worse.

Despite the medical emergency, we got to Bermuda around noon whereas they had forecasted 2pm. We're traveling at almost 18 knots yesterday.

Not sure what awaits us, but we have left the Manhattan Cruise Terminal and heading down the Hudson. Here's hoping for mildly rocky sailing as opposed to the alternative!!!

Will get a quick shot of the Statue of Liberty than bedtime!

Sailbreakaway, there has been no update since the letter at checkin saying we would leave at 2am, which we just did. I'll be waiting for announcement in the AM...

You had a delayed sail away? Were you allowed to board the ship and go to your cabins and have dinner on board? Have a co-worker on board who said something about 2 AM sail away and I thought at first it might be a typo.

Thanks.

MARAPRINCE

You had a delayed sail away? Were you allowed to board the ship and go to your cabins and have dinner on board? Have a co-worker on board who said something about 2 AM sail away and I thought at first it might be a typo.

Thanks.

MARAPRINCE

Yes, yes and they did not sail from NY until 2am. :)

Edited by janetz

Left at 2am Monday morning. Tuesday morning we went 175 miles west towards NC for a chopper rescue. Made it to Bermuda at noonish on Wednesday. Stayed an extra couple hours Friday to make up for it, which I thought was nice since they certainly didn't have to.

Definitely some rough times, and the weather wasn't fantastic, but all in all not the calamity many expected.

Left at 2am Monday morning. Tuesday morning we went 175 miles west towards NC for a chopper rescue. Made it to Bermuda at noonish on Wednesday. Stayed an extra couple hours Friday to make up for it, which I thought was nice since they certainly didn't have to.

Definitely some rough times, and the weather wasn't fantastic, but all in all not the calamity many expected.

Thank you :)

Woo Hoo...now that was a wild ride. (My poor oldest son went with us for the first time and he was sick and throwing up the entire day). I'm glad I don't get sea sick, but it was the "bumpiest" ride I have been on to date.

We're back and I will be starting my review shortly...:D

Woo Hoo...now that was a wild ride. (My poor oldest son went with us for the first time and he was sick and throwing up the entire day). I'm glad I don't get sea sick, but it was the "bumpiest" ride I have been on to date.

Can't wait to read your review.

Looking forward to it :D...sorry I didn't get to the M&G, I was looking forward to meeting you (and njhorseman & a few others)...but was sick as a dog on Monday :o. I never got sick before either...this was a first for me!

I can't wait to find out if we were on the same cruise! ;)

:D

Looking forward to it :D...sorry I didn't get to the M&G, I was looking forward to meeting you (and njhorseman & a few others)...but was sick as a dog on Monday :o. I never got sick before either...this was a first for me!

I didn't go to the meet & greet either. I didn't sign up because I knew that I would not be able to attend (most likely) with the entire family going this time around. I only managed to meet 1 person from our roll call. :(

Sorry you got sick. I was "almost" there the night we took a sharp turn. :eek:

I didn't get to the meet and greet either, but I was traveling with a first time cruiser. I was trying to keep it simple for her, like boat floats; we drink; boat stops; we go to the beach; boat floats; we go home. I didn't want to get into hotel directors, engineers, etc.

So I said to my husband, "I have to find this Jared guy from CC" so while dancing at H20 on Monday's 80's night I see a tall guy and after quite a while I decide to go and ask 'is your name Jared?' to which he replied 'no, Dennis.' :eek:

I never looked for you again!! :p lol

So I said to my husband, "I have to find this Jared guy from CC" so while dancing at H20 on Monday's 80's night I see a tall guy and after quite a while I decide to go and ask 'is your name Jared?' to which he replied 'no, Dennis.' :eek:

I never looked for you again!! :p lol

Ha. I'm sorry I missed you. I was at the 80s party until about 1AM. I was back at one of the high tops near the bar. I think that was on Friday though.