Tropical Storm Joaquin's effect on Breakaway cruise 10/4

Mikkar

I am relaxed. U don't have to tell me... If they turn around and say we are going to Canada u bet ur ass I'll be fighting to go on the following week. Thanks I don't need ur nastiness. I'm entitled to be worried at sea with a hurricane.

Incorrect. You can fight and yell and throw a tantrum but the only way you're going on another cruise is if you paid for it. The contract you agreed to let's then go anywhere they want. The only thing you're guaranteed is a room on the boat. If that doesn't work for you, pick an all inclusive resort on Bermuda next time.

Incorrect. You can fight and yell and throw a tantrum but the only way you're going on another cruise is if you paid for it. The contract you agreed to let's then go anywhere they want. The only thing you're guaranteed is a room on the boat. If that doesn't work for you, pick an all inclusive resort on Bermuda next time.

Get off your soap box, no one wants to hear it.

Based on the present weather charts' date=' the it likely the Master will go south then east, slipping under the storm. The problem is that the seas, swells are going to be rough for a few days and it still likely to be a bit windy.

Hope you have a enjoyable cruise.

AKK[/quote']

I agree it more likely they may sail south. Remember they have to satisfy the terms of PVSA or there is a huge penalty to the cruise line/ship. I'll be surprised if any cruises leaving tomorrow sail to Bermuda.

I really hope we are going some place warm. It's a lot of money dished out to end up in Canada. Wonder what the price difference is...

My late DH and I sailed HAL's Maasdam, b-to-b, Boston to Montreal to Boston summer after summer. We sailed that ship about 35 cruises though certainly not all to Canada. We were almost always in the exact same Suite and the per diem for our Canada/NE cruises was always considerably higher than when we sailed Maasdam in Caribbean.

Bermuda and Canada/NE are higher than some other per diems and I would not expect you'd get any price differential.

At this time, there is no reason to believe that our itinerary has changed. Looks like we're on schedule for Bermuda.

you are the voice of reason here! Some want NCL to make a statement, anything is better than nothing. Throw something out there willy nilly, anything! Lesson to all, the only way you can call the shots like cancel or change dates is when you purchase insurance. Personally, I know a couple who had insurance and cancelled this morning. They get a full refund and can rebook at another time.

We're not going to Canada, I was told by NCL that they would tell us today if that was the case. We may go somewhere other than Bermuda depending on safety, but I was assured we would have notice if it was Canada. Hopefully she knew what she was talking about

I think the BA can sail south tomorrow, the hurricane is set to go by Bermuda on Monday. Once the hurricane is away from Bermuda the Captain can head in the direction of Bermuda. It might be a longer way to travel but remember the ship can get to Bermuda in a day and a half.

All this weather nonsense has 28 days to get the heck out of dodge! LOL We're sailing November 1 to Western Caribbean and it better be hot & sunny or I'm going to have a little talk with Mother Nature about skipping her physch meds!!! [emoji23][emoji16][emoji13][emoji6]

How could they make an exception for some and not for all? Not going to happen.

Are you really that delusional? Ever heard of customer service? I'm not saying that it will happen, but all of you that think that anything that is in the cruise contract is set in stone are hilarious.

We were docked in NY very early this morning after a fast rough ride to get here. While in Bermuda the weather was sunny but the waters very choppy. We had planned to rent a boat but it was to rough. Expect the waters to be the same this week if not worse. Hopefully you won't have rain. One place to head to is Tobacco Bay. Very calm. [emoji41]

Edited by janetz

Oh yea because it's absolute right? No exceptions have ever been made? Give me a break. SMH

I've seen many sad stories here about people needing to move their cruise dates because of illness, cancer, and even a home destroyed by Sandy. That is what cruise insurance is for. NCL didn't budge for the reasons listed above - do you really think they are going to let a passenger reschedule at the last minute because they prefer not to head north? Not going to happen.

I feel bad you have to leave in such crap and unknown waters for the next few days, even if you don't get sea sick, better take something for this ride, remember to help out any of your fellow passengers who might not be feeling to well or not steady on their feet,

the second half of your vacation I'm sure will be filled with wonderful memories and you all can have bragging rights about this cruise

Well be walking to the pier in just a bit to find out where our vacation is going to be! I have to admit, while I find the speculation interesting, I am truly, TRULY thankful that this is the big concern of the morning! While DSL-to-be and I are perfectly happy going north...or south...and DD is slightly grumpy about going north (she likes warm), none of us are having to worry about how medical tests came out or how we'll pay our bills this month, or if we can find shelter for the night. We are blessed to have this as the big focus right now! See you on board!