Tropical Storm Joaquin's effect on Breakaway cruise 10/4

Mikkar

I just signed into my NCL account to check on excursions & you are correct. All I have offered is 1 dining package. Nothing for Bermuda excursions.

I booked this trip with the ship as my destination, so I'm OK either way.

This is also true for dining, spa packages, and entertainment reservations. I think it's just the norm.

I still see all the Bermuda excursion options when I log in to NCL, not sure why others don't. In vacation summary I click on any of the tabs for Bermuda days, click more options, and it shows all the potential snorkeling, golf etc. same as before.

I just checked again & anything related to excursions is grayed out & says 0 (zero) I can't even click on the excursions tab.

I guess I'll just keep checking from time to time to see if NCL posts an alert about the Breakaway, like they did with the Sky.

What an intense day :eek:

This is also true for dining, spa packages, and entertainment reservations. I think it's just the norm.

When I go to the 'explore & plan' part of my reservation, I can still book & buy lots of things, but only on the ship.

The excursions for Bermuda say 0 and I can't even click on them. Weird.

Maybe I need to walk away from my computer for a bit before I drive myself crazy!:D

"

Just to be on the safe side, I called them again, spoke with a different person who indeed verified the OBCs, so it is true! $500 per Interior and Ocean View cabin, $800 per balcony, and $1200 per suite, with the unspent balance refunded at the end of the sailing.

This is why I primarily I book my people with Royal Caribbean, they take responsibility in difficult situations and really try to accommodate the customers.

Have a great sailing!"

When I spoke to ncl at 9am she was almost 100percent positive we would not end up in Canada. Said in /1 years it never happened and doesn't know why ppl think Canada. She said there is a good chance we'll be re routed to carribbean. Fingers crossed ;)

As soon as they make the decision.

I really don't think it's "as soon as they make the decision".....When we were diverted due to a hurricane in Bermuda (that was know well in advance of leaving), we were not given the new itinerary until we were actually inside the terminal to check in. Instead of Bermuda, we diverted to Florida and Nassau route. The new itinerary was handed to us as we got to the check-in line.

When I spoke to ncl at 9am she was almost 100percent positive we would not end up in Canada. Said in /1 years it never happened and doesn't know why ppl think Canada. She said there is a good chance we'll be re routed to carribbean. Fingers crossed ;)

We think Canada since a Royal Caribbean ship that was supposed to go to Bermuda is instead going to Canada. So it's not completely far fetched. unlikely for us it seems, but not impossible. Whatever happens, happens. I'll bring a sweater.

I just meant the cost of a 7 day cruise to Canada from NY vs the cost of a 7 day cruise to Bermuda from NY. Kinda like paying for a Cadillac and getting a Chevy. Fingers crossed for us.

I can see the issue over warm wether-cold weather bothering you but I have found some Canadian Cruises to be more expensive than Bermuda in the fall due to the short window of fall foliage.

That said, looks like you can go south down the coast and when the coast is clear turn towards Bermuda. Don't forget it really only takes a day and a half to get there so you might even arrive on time. Being optimistic!

A few weeks ago we sailed from Boston to Bermuda. There was a storm on the east coast and NCL changed the Florida-Bahamas itinerary for the Gem to Bermuda. Im guessing lots of people were happy because the cost to cruise to Bermuda is a lot more than the Florida-Bahamas trip. We never saw the Gem in Bermuda and someone asked the Captain at a cocktail part and he said the wether on the coast improved so they changed the itinerary for the Gem back to Florida-Bahamas. Just saying, even if they were able to notify everyone in advance, it still may change. Hopefully you all get to Bermuda.

Anything north of the Bronx is Upstate. :p

We are driving down from Orange County tomorrow AM.

Haha.......anything north of dutchess is upstate but I'll give you orange as upstate too ....sort of

I just wish those folks from the "island" would get that straight !!!!!

Love the LI beaches!!!!!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I just meant the cost of a 7 day cruise to Canada from NY vs the cost of a 7 day cruise to Bermuda from NY. Kinda like paying for a Cadillac and getting a Chevy. Fingers crossed for us.

It looks like you can book an inside guarantee on the Breakaway this weekend and next for $499 pp. Last time I looked up prices for Canada, I was shocked at how high they were.

Haha.......anything north of dutchess is upstate but I'll give you orange as upstate too ....sort of

I just wish those folks from the "island" would get that straight !!!!!

Love the LI beaches!!!!!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

those of us from long island often consider anything north of orange 'canada'. ;)

It looks like you can book an inside guarantee on the Breakaway this weekend and next for $499 pp. Last time I looked up prices for Canada, I was shocked at how high they were.

The studio I booked is now only $699 instead of $999. Hmm

A few weeks ago we sailed from Boston to Bermuda. There was a storm on the east coast and NCL changed the Florida-Bahamas itinerary for the Gem to Bermuda. Im guessing lots of people were happy because the cost to cruise to Bermuda is a lot more than the Florida-Bahamas trip. We never saw the Gem in Bermuda and someone asked the Captain at a cocktail part and he said the wether on the coast improved so they changed the itinerary for the Gem back to Florida-Bahamas. Just saying, even if they were able to notify everyone in advance, it still may change. Hopefully you all get to Bermuda.

This is very true.. if we have to change to Fl/Bahamas.. I hope there is some type of credit given. .. it is a way cheaper cruise.