Princess Cruises Platinum Loyalty Level

Ridget

My wife and I have not sailed Princess in some time as you can see. We decided to sail again and will so at Platinum Level. When I read the benefits there are a few stated items and some we will discover when on board.

Can anyone share what we can expect or ant tips to take full advantage?

Thanks for your thoughts.

At the platinum level, you get

-priority boarding at the embarkation port.

-an internet credit (varies by length of cruise).

-access to evening lounge (specifics will be on a card in your cabin when you board).

-access to debarkation lounge last morning

Sometimes, there is a special platinum/elite/suite waiting area in the cruise terminal prior to boarding but it seems to be based on the number of those folks. You'd still get to board with platinum but may or may not have a 'special' area to wait.

As platinum, you can buy the 'regular' trip insurance and get the upgraded trip insurance at no additional cost.

We always enjoy the Platinum lounge paul929207 mentioned; it IS available the evening you board so watch for the invite in your cabin. I was on a 1-day cruise and they even had it that one evening!

There is also often a special lounge each night with a discounted drink of the evening and a app to go with it! If it's happening you'll get a card in your stateroom that tells you what's being offered each night. We don't always go but will stop in a few times during the cruise.

I wasn't aware that Platinum Captain's Circle members were able to go to the evening lounge. I thought it was just for suite & elite passengers. We finally sailed in a suite on our last Princess cruise, and we enjoyed the lounge each evening. We were still Ruby at that point, but we will be taking our first cruise at the Platinum level next month (not in a suite), so I'd love confirmation that the lounge is also open to Platinum members.

Beverly

Maybe only I am dumb, but when we were first Platinum I did not realize we BOTH got the internet credit, so you can book the plan for both spouses/partners and then sign in and use one up and then switch to the other. Of course if both of you are using internet, it might not be enough. My wife generally stays offline when we are cruising. It's just me keeping up with emails, sports, etc.

I wasn't aware that Platinum Captain's Circle members were able to go to the evening lounge. I thought it was just for suite & elite passengers. We finally sailed in a suite on our last Princess cruise, and we enjoyed the lounge each evening. We were still Ruby at that point, but we will be taking our first cruise at the Platinum level next month (not in a suite), so I'd love confirmation that the lounge is also open to Platinum members.

Beverly

Absolutely open to us lowly Platinums. Don't miss smoked salmon & Chairman of the Board night!!

I qualify for platinum 8 days into a 46 day cruise. :( what do you think my chances of recognition are:D:D:D K

Officially no but it doesn't hurt to ask the Captain's Circle rep during your cruise.

If your cruise could be booked as shorter cruises you can get a cruise credit for each segment...could you get to platinum based on having 16 cruise credits?

Where are the Platinum evening lounge and Platinum debarkation lounge typically located? We will be sailing at Platinum level for the first time next month.

First of all you did not specify a ship. And even if you did, the cocktail reception might move around, depending on the number of passengers who qualify to come each trip. Watch for invitation to be delivered to stateroom.

You will get a notice to stateroom for debarkation location.

Officially no but it doesn't hurt to ask the Captain's Circle rep during your cruise.

If your cruise could be booked as shorter cruises you can get a cruise credit for each segment...could you get to platinum based on having 16 cruise credits?

No, long way short there. I'm a longer cruise person, than a short. 3 credits 42 days. K

I am platinum but my DW is Ruby. Can we both attend the Platinum lounge...or do I need to stuff my pockets with all sorts of goodies and sneak them to her while she waits . . .looking so alone . . .in the hall? ;)

I am platinum but my DW is Ruby. Can we both attend the Platinum lounge...or do I need to stuff my pockets with all sorts of goodies and sneak them to her while she waits . . .looking so alone . . .in the hall? ;)

You should be able to enjoy it with your DW. :)

Only 5 completed credits needed to be platinum. 15 completed credit would make one elite.