Pit Bull to be Godfather of Escape??

SuiteCruiser

i wonder if anyone who doesn't like pitbulls music has bothered to look beyond and see who he is besides his music? he is very much into charity work and very very big on community. he has been awarded the key to miami for sharing a positive message. does any of that count or is he just the man with the music?

don't discount him. his music is no worse than many other artists but what he gives back is a lot more than some.

disclaimer--i'm a grandmother who loves his music. its very upbeat and i have found myself singing timber in public……clutch the pearls

It's not unusual for cruise lines to select popular musical artists as godparents. Pitbull is very relavent today. Compared to his peers he is classy. The lyrics don't burn my ears personally. None of it is unusual in any way. I think NCL is choosing someone that is active within his community, relavent artistically, presents himself well, and in many ways is a popular/hip representation of the city they have featured all over the ship. The choice makes perfect sense. Their ship. Their company. Their choice.

I wasn't thrilled with Disney's choice of Mariah Carey when the Fantasy debuted but I still sailed the ship and enjoyed it. ((I don't care for her music, can't stand her voice, at the time she didn't have the best reputation in her personal life, and didn't even have any hit songs to make her relative to that specific time. She was in no way relative to the company, the theme of the ship, nothing. Zip. Zero. Nadda. But whatever. Their ship. Their choice.))

theres no like button so………LIKE!

His music has evolved since he started & he certainly presents a pretty classy, serious business man image when he wants to.

Some titles from his last couple of albums:

Miami Miami

Sexy Beaches

Celebrate

El Party

Chi Chi Bon Bon

Vacaciones

Not to mention Blanco from Fast & The Furious, & the song he did for the World Cup.

I can see why NCL made the choice

I don't care for some of his lyrics, but some of them certainly fit the happy cruising image.

i wonder if anyone who doesn't like pitbulls music has bothered to look beyond and see who he is besides his music? he is very much into charity work and very very big on community. he has been awarded the key to miami for sharing a positive message. does any of that count or is he just the man with the music?

don't discount him. his music is no worse than many other artists but what he gives back is a lot more than some.

disclaimer--i'm a grandmother who loves his music. its very upbeat and i have found myself singing timber in public……clutch the pearls

Clutch the pearls! ROFL!!!!

((like)) Right back atcha!

:D I've found that cleaning with Chi Chi Bon Bon playing makes it go ever so much faster.

I think he's been the featured artist on the Today Show concert series at least twice, so he does have music suitable for public consumption.

Getting my pearls out to clutch;)

What's the big deal. Who cares who they pick. It's one ceremony then just a picture and a plaque on the ship. Then forgotten about.

It's as meaningless as arguing about it. It's not like they chose the current Isis leader... Pitbull is an entertainer. Half the any ships god mother or father are not even part of pop culture anymore.

Here is a link to Wikipedia. It's only a partial list. Two of them are ex cons. Sophia Loren & Martha Stewart for example.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ship_sponsor#Passenger_Ship_Godmothers

Edited by Golfin55

Pitbull is a Miami resident and a noted philanthropic community member. His music may not be for everyone, but the choice makes sense to me.

This is going to create a fireball of a discussion!

[YOUTUBE]HMqgVXSvwGo[/YOUTUBE]

Edited by nbsjcruiser

So I don't know anything about Cruises, Escape will by my first. Other than a publicity opening one time concert does this actually mean anything?

There is a bit more to it on the Breakaway. There are displays of Rockette costumes & they market the morning stretch class as the Rockette stretch. They use video of some of the ladies on one of the ship channels.

I imagine with Pitbull, they may brand drinks made with his vodka or use some music videos. Maybe he will write a new song for the Escape.

You sound like a great grandmother and I love that you clutched your pearls. Hehe I have my mom saying that!