The Chardonnay Sisters Are Bringing Up The Aft

diann744

It's not my fault the cabin stewards like me best (Mom did too).

See? That picture was taken in her kitchen after we got home. Three nights and she has 6 pillow chocolates. Grounds for sororicide, no? Ruth C., back me up here!

Boytjie, the wineries we visited were: Day 1 – Kunde Family Winery, where we had a semi-private tasting for our group in the main tasting room. Many of the exterior shots for the movie Bottle Shock were filmed here and since Alan Rickman was my fantasy poster boy before he got too old for me and The Cumberbatch took over, I felt right at home. Apparently, they have the boxing ring up on a hill somewhere. We had a guided tour where we actually went up into the rows of grapes and tasted right from the vine.

Next up, Mayo Family Winery. Kinda the antithesis of the first one. Small, boutique winery. With really cool dogs and a catered lunch outside in a beautiful covered area overlooking the vineyard.

Anaba. A seated, hosted tasting on the deck.

Meadowcroft Wine. A collective of wineries, shops and galleries. Many not opened yet. Not our favorite stop.

Day 2. We went to Kunde again, which was no hardship. Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once. Fantastic wines and a wonderful experience.

St. Anne’s Crossing. A small winery where we had a seated outdoor tasting and catered lunch for our small group.

Deerfield Ranch Winery. They didn’t actually have a tasting room. They had a cave. A really large, beautiful, deeply underground cave with tables and chairs, couches and lots of intimate small group seating areas.

Ledson Winery. A sprawling 16,000 square foot castle where we had a private tasting for our group and finally found a gift shop where we could afford the fridge magnets.

• 2 weeks later...