Live blog From Anthem of the Seas Transatlantic

This is a really great post, thanks for all the pictures and the menus. It's been especially helpful to see drink prices, since we're trying to decide if we want a package or not. Seems like drinks are pricey compared to what we're used to cruising. Keep up the good work!

Thanks for your comments, glad it's useful.

We will check the pool bar tomorrow and let you know. There are a few bars on the pool decks so will go up there tomorrow and take some pictures and get the prices.

Thank you very much!

Thanks again for all your positive comments, it's really appreciated, I enjoy writing, although don't have much time to do it normally.

This is going to be a bit of a random post and is going to be about lifts or as some of you may call them elevators.

There are 2 sets of lifts on the ship one set is towards the front and one set slightly backwards of mid ship.

The front set consists of 6 lifts and mid ship there are 10 lifts, which consist of 6 glass lifts and 4 normal lifts (like the forward lift bank)

We have been stuck for brief periods of time in a couple of the lifts so far, were the lift has stopped between floors. The lifts have been empty ish at the time and have mainly happened when it feels like we have been hit by a wave. After about 30 seconds they have started again.

A few of the lifts are also showing as out of service but we have seen engineers trying to fix them.

Here are some pictures:

e50bda36ad81fda09c01ad1e9e1f6132.jpg

Front lift lobby

a2aa969c9d15ca0d5dcc9e42cd1b232f.jpg

Mid ship lift lobby - you will notice a sign next to the lift these are located in each lift lobby so you know where you are.

fa3aceba4208c7c15c923d70ed388c03.jpg

Each lift has this above the doors to show which floor you need

e3c58a33b9f2d7a4eea01b88611549f5.jpg

In the floor in each lift there is a plate showing the day, no idea when they change them but they always are right even late night / very early morning

fb44451bdf72c39e41033960801c0a04.jpg

Buttons located at each side of the lift

In an earlier post, you had a picture of the TV screen showing your position. Could you please do that again periodically so we can track your progress? Thanks.

Hi cruisincha

Yes, no problems I've just took these pictures of it.

When the captain provided an upset at noon he said we had done approximately 650 nautical miles so far with another 2,500 still to go.

44d781d55d9456e4e09c644493078d2c.jpg

0e67be54439f3f840394bdb84c29eb54.jpg

dfac845f422a70e1d35dd56e390c8e5d.jpg

This final picture is of the captain and cruise director giving location and weather updates from earlier today

1e5911a9b478e758e96320993ffb18f9.jpg

Shame about the check in since when we boarded last month, you walked up to a person with an iPad, they checked your sea pass and passports , then through security then straight onboard. I'm guessing they have an issue maybe with an air bridge.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm on the TA as well. I don't know what happened with the OP, but it took us about five minutes to check in. After entering the terminal, we were directed immediately to an agent with an iPad. He looked at our set sail passes, swiped our passports, and boom, we were done.

The luggage tracking feature of Royal IQ did not work. It never showed the status of our bags, until suddenly at 2:30 it said they had been delivered. Except that they did not arrive until about 4:30 PM. Other than that, the technology has been pretty remarkable (although the wifi on our cabin is spotty).

I haven't read the rest of the thread yet, but we're having a fun time. The ship is beautiful, a Celebrity S-class ship on steroids.

I have a favor to ask of anyone on board . If it is not too much trouble , we are planning my Daughter's wedding on board Anthem July 9th sailing to Bermuda. One venue they have offered is the Conference center at the stern of the ship. Was wondering if anyone on board could snap a picture or 2 . We anticipate 40 -50 people sailing and attending the wedding and it looks like a great view out the rear of the ship .

The only other venue available that sailing is the Music Hall and while nice we were looking for something with an outdoor view. The solarium has been offered as well but tuled out based on how warm it could be that time of year in the solarium.

Any thoughts are most appreciated, thank you and enjoy your sailing ! ,glenn

The solarium has been offered as well but tuled out based on how warm it could be that time of year in the solarium.

Any thoughts are most appreciated, thank you and enjoy your sailing

The solarium is enclosed and air conditioned.

I have a favor to ask of anyone on board . If it is not too much trouble , we are planning my Daughter's wedding on board Anthem July 9th sailing to Bermuda. One venue they have offered is the Conference center at the stern of the ship. Was wondering if anyone on board could snap a picture or 2 . We anticipate 40 -50 people sailing and attending the wedding and it looks like a great view out the rear of the ship .

The only other venue available that sailing is the Music Hall and while nice we were looking for something with an outdoor view. The solarium has been offered as well but tuled out based on how warm it could be that time of year in the solarium.

Hi Glenn

We will see if we can get in the conference room tomorrow, if so I will get some pictures

A few from La Patisserie from today.

The cakes are chargeable but the drinks are included within the drinks package.

c0fa5363f8ff28ef0be399d826e1d8d8.jpg

This is a signature hot chocolate and a Strawberry and Cream Frappucino. However, they had run out of strawberry mix so was actually raspberry but was very good.

730334c7d7e6c89fef76c56907ceef86.jpg

fd601bca1d996d03827f12df930337fb.jpg

5c18ef0e26c1d1deb3fe223c42d06d4b.jpg

52ca7038e05347168e5717e95e9891dd.jpg

478fa030ace3760c732ed106047c4a8f.jpg

Tonight we were booked into the Grande restaurant which was very good and was the best meal we have had whilst being onboard.

Our reservation was at 18:15 and on arrival there was no queue and as with the other a la carte restaurants we were asked if our preference was for a table for two or did we want to share. Our preference is a table for two and equally if we did share I don't think our table mates would be too impressed with the number of pictures we take of the menu and meals!

A couple of things to note though, we were not given a drinks menu of any description so when ordering wine this was done blindly. Also not sure if the Grande do signature cocktails like the other restaurants.

Also the meal was fantastic, but the weakest item was the cheese board. The cheese had obviously been cut some time in advance and left out as it was dried and rubbery on the outside, so we had to cut the edges off before eating.

Here it is in pictures:

9574898eb61668f5295782e3989a4039.jpg

c03c60481d719303bf4de1f927dd5ff1.jpg

1357910ac4600fcd67a7253143a84b01.jpg

Shrimp cocktail

2d0dda1b66d645849641bf03e739e7e3.jpg

Mushroom ravioli

d10846877b1e6aae9ad59ce949b83886.jpg

Mozzarella and Tomato salad - Yes i realise this is a 3rd starter for only 2 of us but we both love this so shared it between us along with our own starters

Continued...

b209870300d115892207a80b3eb30d93.jpg

Beef tenderloin

fb59282d16cb6182ddc7c01e034a1cb5.jpg

Jumbo shrimp - This was great although tasted more like lobster than shrimp

6d3ec5dbefd5ee59476bf35231b55f8a.jpg

Chocolate lava cake - This was amazing and we would both highly recommend this

0a15315013f8977b0d26194ccda18b4e.jpg

The not so good cheese board - after all not everything can be perfect

And just a bit of random stuff now.

The rough seas are continuing and this has resulted in more cancellations. A number of tannoy announcements were made by the cruise director earlier to advise that tonight's showing of Spectras Cabaret has been cancelled as there is too much movement. We weren't booked on this until tomorrow, but the people who were booked tonight they have moved to a new showing which has been scheduled at 11pm on day 5.

Bumper cars were scheduled 8-10 tonight which we went to do but again due to weather this has been cancelled. The staff said it was due to the fact they can't keep the cars still when empty and their is a risk of people getting hit by moving empty cars when changing over.

As an alternative an additional showing of the Beatles tribute band has been put on in 270. They are on now and are fairly good.

On another note tonight is the first time zone change with clocks going back 1 hour at 4am so an extra hour sleep tonight.

The rough seas are continuing and this has resulted in more cancellations. A number of tannoy announcements were made by the cruise director earlier to advise that tonight's showing of Spectras Cabaret has been cancelled as there is too much movement. We weren't booked on this until tomorrow, but the people who were booked tonight they have moved to a new showing which has been scheduled at 11pm on day 5.

Bumper cars were scheduled 8-10 tonight which we went to do but again due to weather this has been cancelled. The staff said it was due to the fact they can't keep the cars still when empty and their is a risk of people getting hit by moving empty cars when changing over.

As an alternative an additional showing of the Beatles tribute band has been put on in 270. They are on now and are fairly good.

On another note tonight is the first time zone change with clocks going back 1 hour at 4am so an extra hour sleep tonight.

Enjoying reading your review as we sail along with you on the ship this week. We have enjoyed the trip so far and no one in our group has been affected by the motion. Have seen quite a few sick folks throughout the ship today.

One thing I will say is that there are still bugs to be worked out on this ship. We had the same issue with embarkation as you did, seemed like mass confusion in the terminal. The Royal IQ app should be dumped as there have been lots of problems with it. In fact, I would say for a ship where the latest and greatest in technology is touted, it is not working and the guest services staff admits it too.

Sadly our dining experience has not been good so far...slow service and it seems they are understaffed. Lol the table where we were seated in American Icon tonight had no lights above it. There were two burnt out bulbs above us and they knew it. Seems to me someone should have reported it and got it fixed. The food itself has been good so far.

Keep up the good work on your review!

I did read the Allure is making the crossing as well and they were told the Anthem was going to hit swells of 40 while they were hitting close to 20. Thanks for verifying the rough seas. Hope all will be well.

Can you remind me on this? We sail on 11/22 and will be having a small event in that conference room. I'll be glad to share pics if I remember.

Edited by conandrob240

This one is from the Quantum, Found on the internet..............

IMG_3817.jpg.32b5ed0820c254e57e53118e6fb7ace7.jpg

Edited by Seaworthy01

Hi.. I'm not sure if you're having dinner at Devinly Decadence (aka Solarium Bistro) if you get a chance, I'd like to see the current dinner menu and a photo of what the appetizer and dessert buffets look like at dinner. Thanks!

PS great photos so far!

Edited by MisterBill99