Drinks in Diamond Lounge vs. on seapass

Treacher1

On our last cruise, we tried the Lounge several times. Each time there was one person sitting at each set of chairs and table saving for others. No place to sit inside or outside. I thought it was very discourteous.

So we tried the other lounges and had very nice experiences each evening.

Next up the Explorer in Alaska. Hope the Diamond members area more courteous.:confused:

• 2 weeks later...

I just discovered there is an automatic 18% tip on drinks in the bars. So maybe the bartenders are not getting their tips from the voucher drinks and that is why they got pissy with me demanding a tip. I dont know. I think for the most part that 18% is pretty good unless you make a pretty special martini or pour a really heavy Jack D.

Just off LB a week ago. The bar servers in Bolero's, Hoof and Claw and the Plaza bar were quite pleasant when I used my vouchers and presented my card with a dollar bill. The guys in Bolero's were really outstanding. BTW, I have carried drinks our of the CL and DL on every ship I have sailed for the last several years with no comment from anyone. I believe the lounges are so packed in the evening that the concierges are happy to see you go out the door!

When I had my issues with the Voucher drinks, I always had a dollar in hand with my card. I just didn't like the feeling that I was trying to get something that I didn't deserve. Always had great service I the CL and DL. We just try to go there if there is room. Will be on Brilliance in 10 days, so planning on visiting the lounge, and may try the voucher drinks one night.

I just discovered there is an automatic 18% tip on drinks in the bars. So maybe the bartenders are not getting their tips from the voucher drinks and that is why they got pissy with me demanding a tip. I dont know. I think for the most part that 18% is pretty good unless you make a pretty special martini or pour a really heavy Jack D.

In the case of a voucher drink, 18% of zero is zero

I have never encountered such behavior on any ship, at any bar.

Perhaps because when I offer my card, there is a dollar bill with it.............

Agree completely.

And the tip is for their service in bringing you the drink - not for its value.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

On our recent Liberty of the Seas cruise - instead of having to go to the Diamond Lounge for the 3 free drinks - they were loaded on our seapass card and we could get them at any bar or lounge. Is this the case on all ships?? or just the larger ones. We have a cruise booked on the Grandeur of the Seas - a much smaller ship - will they be loaded on the seapass card on Grandeur as well? It was nice - hope the same - if anyone sailed Grandeur - please advise. Thanks!

We've never experienced a limit of 3 in the DL. That is the amount that is on your SeaPass card for use at the bars outside of the DL.

Thanks, but I was looking for what I can order at the bar with my diamond vouchers. Looks like what you posted is what's available at the diamond lounge. Or am I wrong?

Same drinks, DL or vouchers at a bar.

Dollar tip worked well. On a recent B2B, a bar waiter made a point of visiting. Loved those $1 tips. The next cruise, his hours changed, and he couldn't figure out why we'd already been served. The next day, he returned to the old hours on the previous cruise. Most curious! I can't believe those $1 tips most night caused it.

I love the 3 free drinks. But, I wish the servers would Bring a receipt for us to sign. I never carry cash and would gladly tip the server if I could put it on my sea pass.

Ask them for a receipt when you order. Or carry some dollar bills with you. They will appreciate it.

I usually decide what bartender I want to deal with the first day of the cruise. Then tip him/her $10 or so the first or second day. They are very gracious and do remember you to give you extra large drinks for the rest of the cruise... :D

I tend to do the same thing. On our last cruise we spent most early evenings at the Schooner bar. The first evening I ordered a drink, handed the bar tender a tip and told him he would be taking care of my diamond drinks for the week. He was quite pleased to do so and at the end of the week I handed him another tip since he was so good to me all week. I don't think he expected the second tip but he was all smiles as he handed me another drink.

Thanks, but I was looking for what I can order at the bar with my diamond vouchers. Looks like what you posted is what's available at the diamond lounge. Or am I wrong?

Here's a list of the offerings whether you're in the lounge or at a bar. You can get mixed drinks using the listed spirits. No frozen drinks and the brand of wine may vary.

1447426377231213140070_zpst7ccbzrz.jpg

Edited by suzyluvs2cruise

I still wish they would list drink names. I don't know what is in half of the stuff that I drink.:rolleyes::eek:

See the last attachment linked by post #33. It's from a Grandeur review, and they provided a list of typical drinks that could be ordered with the vouchers. I wish all the ships would do this.

What about Marguarita's? Can you get those with the voucher?

Not frozen, but they will usually give us an approximation if a margarita on the rocks, without the orange liqueur.

Edited by clarea

Usually various flavored martinis. Last year on Indy one bar gave me issues with cosmopolitans but I was able to get them at the Schooner bar.

I have never had any problem getting a lemon drop or a cosmopolitan.

Melodee on the Serenade and I-forget-their-names on Navigator made kick-a$$ chocolate martinis.