Drinks in Diamond Lounge vs. on seapass

Treacher1

See the last attachment linked by post #33. It's from a Grandeur review, and they provided a list of typical drinks that could be ordered with the vouchers. I wish all the ships would do this.

Thanks! I copied the list.

I have never had any problem getting a lemon drop or a cosmopolitan.

Melodee on the Serenade and I-forget-their-names on Navigator made kick-a$$ chocolate martinis.

I do chocolate martinis. I still think RCI has issues keeping up with Celebrity's dedicated martini bars. For some reason they are just not quite as good on RCI and I have no idea why.

I have never had any problem getting a lemon drop or a cosmopolitan.

Melodee on the Serenade and I-forget-their-names on Navigator made kick-a$$ chocolate martinis.

....cosmo's have become my wife's drink of choice on board now thanks to a certain DL bartender on Liberty last summer. :)

Edited by leaveitallbehind

I do chocolate martinis. I still think RCI has issues keeping up with Celebrity's dedicated martini bars. For some reason they are just not quite as good on RCI and I have no idea why.

Well, you can't get those chocolate martinis at the "free" "cocktail hours" for Elite and up.

You are comparing apples and oranges.

I seem to upset the bar staff asking for cans of soda water using my pre-loaded vouchers. They will give me soda from the fountain but refuse to give me cans stating their not included in the free drinks. An ongoing argument on most cruises.

This is exactly what we do. DH takes his cocktail and I take my wine to dinner each evening. Although we've been diamond for 3 cruises, we've never seen the inside of the Diamond Lounge. All I've ever heard is how crowded it is.

Yes, it can be crowded 10 minutes after it opens, but as soon as the first dining room shift hits, it is usually wide open. You should go in there, the concierges are generally very friendly, and the waitstaff as well.

Not to mention any time other than the 3 hours it is for cocktails it is empty and very nice place to work.

JC

I seem to upset the bar staff asking for cans of soda water using my pre-loaded vouchers. They will give me soda from the fountain but refuse to give me cans stating their not included in the free drinks. An ongoing argument on most cruises.

Ineresting. I am usually able to get a small bottle of Pellegrino using the vouchers.

What ship is this?

I have no issues on both Voyager and Legend getting cans of soda from all of the bars using my preloaded drink allocations..

Well, you can't get those chocolate martinis at the "free" "cocktail hours" for Elite and up.

You are comparing apples and oranges.

I was simply making a comparison between the two lines. I am aware that even though my post involved martinis it was, technically, a deviation from the topic. It's a good thing that doesn't happen around here much.

Yes, it can be crowded 10 minutes after it opens, but as soon as the first dining room shift hits, it is usually wide open. You should go in there, the concierges are generally very friendly, and the waitstaff as well.

Not to mention any time other than the 3 hours it is for cocktails it is empty and very nice place to work.

JC

I especially like the lounge on the Voyager/Freedom class ships as it has a very nice outside seating area. It is a great place to sit with a cup of coffee and watch the ocean.

We will be on the Liberty in a few months and the first time as diamond. Neither of us are alcohol drinkers so only thing we'd we drinking are sodas..which brings the questions...

Are sodas served in glass or can? Can you get a can if requested?

How would we tip for soda? We always tip over and above, but $1 for a soda is almost like just buying it.

We will be on the Liberty in a few months and the first time as diamond. Neither of us are alcohol drinkers so only thing we'd we drinking are sodas..which brings the questions...

Are sodas served in glass or can? Can you get a can if requested?

How would we tip for soda? We always tip over and above, but $1 for a soda is almost like just buying it.

You would get cans in the lounges and from your vouchers.

I especially like the lounge on the Voyager/Freedom class ships as it has a very nice outside seating area. It is a great place to sit with a cup of coffee and watch the ocean.

Brilliance CL has a nice outside area as well

I hope it's just a ship by ship thing, and I never get on one of the "rule following" ships.

Just off the Indy, and LOVED the Diamond lounge. Rarely crowded. Actually had Diamond +'s that preferred to be in there because the CL was packed with kids. Nice to escape from ankle biters in the DL.

Never had a problem taking drinks out.