Two staterooms, double points, right?

DrDani226

Doesn't matter where you lay your head, you each garner the same number of nights for the cruise. Points are for nights at sea not for the cabin. Long ago, they gave a point for the cruise itself, but changed the system several years ago. Now you get 1 point per night. And your points are tabulated singly.

For instance, if you both now have 40 points, at the end of a 7 day you both will have 47 points. Unless, as stated you are in suites.

Edited by BecciBoo

unless you are sailing ALONE in a cabin everyone only gets ONE POINT regardless of their age or who pays for it.

Suites get double points( solo in a suite earns 3 points)

your Crown and Anchor level is irrelevant since they did away with Diamonds in December a couple of years ago.

when married; a minor child or a domestic partner residding at the same address, if person A is say Emerald but Person B is only Gold or a new crusier , if thew C&A accounts are linked you get TREATED like the person with the highest level IN THE SAME CABIN as you but points are earned per person.

Doesn't matter where you lay your head, you each garner the same number of nights for the cruise.

For instance, if you both now have 40 points, at the end of a 7 day you both will have 47 points. Unless, as stated you are in suites.

Huh, interesting. I guess I was thinking points per cabin when I should look at it as points per night.

unless you are sailing ALONE in a cabin everyone only gets ONE POINT regardless of their age or who pays for it.

Suites get double points( solo in a suite earns 3 points)

your Crown and Anchor level is irrelevant since they did away with Diamonds in December a couple of years ago.

when married; a minor child or a domestic partner residding at the same address, if person A is say Emerald but Person B is only Gold or a new crusier , if thew C&A accounts are linked you get TREATED like the person with the highest level IN THE SAME CABIN as you but points are earned per person.

Thanks 😊 I did know this info, but I guess I was assuming that if we were booking TWO cabins, we would be earning 1 point per cabin per night.

Nope 1 point per person per night unless in suite

Diamonds in December was a promotion where Diamond members garnered double points just like a suite occupant. I see what Spook meant since you are Emerald, it wouldn't apply to you, but still don't know why it was mentioned since it is no longer offered.

??? what does Diamonds in December have to do with anything?:confused:

OP referenced being Emerald earlier.. just wanted to point out that no longer does being X level in C&A net you any special way of snagging extra points on a cruise..

OP referenced being Emerald earlier.. just wanted to point out that no longer does being X level in C&A net you any special way of snagging extra points on a cruise..

Sorry for the confusion. I only mentioned it to explain that we were the same level.

Both my husband and I are Emerald. So wouldn't we each earn points for each cabin?

Well, actually you do. You earn points (1/night) for your cabin. Your wife also earns points (1/night) for her cabin. You don't earn points for her cabin and she doesn't earn points for yours.

Put your wife solo and put you and the two kids in one cabin. Your wife will get dbl points. A rising sea raises all ships. ;)

Doing what you suggest results in paying for 4 1/2 people just so one person can get seven extra points.

If there are two in each cabin, you pay for four people.

If there are three in one cabin and one in the other cabin, then you paid for 2.5 people in the cabin with three (the third person is at a reduced rate) and you pay for two in the solo cabin.

You earn one point per person per night you spend on the ship. You could book and pay for twenty cabins and you would still earn one point per night you spend on the ship.

If you are in a suite you earn two points for night spent on the ship.

If you are traveling solo, you earn one extra point per night. So if you are solo in a regular cabin, you earn two points per night. If you are solo in a suite you earn three points per night.

Wouldn't a suite with all four in it be the easiest solution? Double points and a single booking.

But unless you mean the really high end suites ($$$$) you're talking less privacy, one less bathroom, and kids wouldn't get 'real' beds. Not worth it IMHO.

OP...I had the same notion when we first started booking our family in 2 rooms instead of squeezing 4 into one room. DH & I are paying for two full price cabins, shouldn't we get double points? Alas, that is not the way it works. As has already been pointed out.

Enjoy your cruise!

Edited by Mom.to.2