Two staterooms, double points, right?

DrDani226

Well, actually you do. You earn points (1/night) for your cabin. Your wife also earns points (1/night) for her cabin. You don't earn points for her cabin and she doesn't earn points for yours.

Correct, but the family total only raises by 1

Doing what you suggest results in paying for 4 1/2 people just so one person can get seven extra points.

If there are two in each cabin, you pay for four people.

If there are three in one cabin and one in the other cabin, then you paid for 2.5 people in the cabin with three (the third person is at a reduced rate) and you pay for two in the solo cabin.

You earn one point per person per night you spend on the ship. You could book and pay for twenty cabins and you would still earn one point per night you spend on the ship.

If you are in a suite you earn two points for night spent on the ship.

If you are traveling solo, you earn one extra point per night. So if you are solo in a regular cabin, you earn two points per night. If you are solo in a suite you earn three points per night.

Taking grand son on Enchantment this April. Two insides with Laura in one and Asher and I in the other was definately less than three of us in a JS. YMMV

We're booking 2 staterooms for our family of 4 for the first time: One adult and one child in each room. Therefore, we will earn double C & A points, correct?

Seems like most of the answers were a bit complicated. Everyone who cruises gets 1 point per night. For suites it's 2 points per night. If you sail solo and pay the solo supplement you get extra points. Number of cabins, who sails in them, who pays for them, is irrelevant. So, you will get 7 points, your wife will get 7 points, and each child will get 7 points. Good new is they will be accruing points too.

Seems like most of the answers were a bit complicated. Everyone who cruises gets 1 point per night. For suites it's 2 points per night. If you sail solo and pay the solo supplement you get extra points. Number of cabins, who sails in them, who pays for them, is irrelevant. So, you will get 7 points, your wife will get 7 points, and each child will get 7 points. Good new is they will be accruing points too.

Good, simple answe!

To OP don't forget that you should link your C&A numbers. As a married couple (or not married, but significant other living at the same address) you earn the same points. For example, if you take a cruise without your spouse and move up in status, your spouse gets the same status for future cruises.

Good, simple answe!

To OP don't forget that you should link your C&A numbers. As a married couple (or not married, but significant other living at the same address) you earn the same points. For example, if you take a cruise without your spouse and move up in status, your spouse gets the same status for future cruises.

Is this something new? It has not worked this way for us

As far as I know it has always been this way. Another example, when someone gets married, one person may have never cruised, but after taking their first cruise they are the same status of their spouse, who might be diamond.

If this is not true, perhaps someone can clarify.

Every cruiser accumulates their own points. If you are linked with someone, then the website will show each account having the higher of the points of the couple. They do this to allow each person in the relationship to share the same C&A level.

It gets confusing is there is a disparity between the number of points each person has accumulated.

Here's an example. Say John and Laura are linked. John has 100 points, Laura has 170 points. When John logs into his C&A account, he sees he has 170 points and is Diamond level. Mary sees the same thing when she logs into her account. This is because they are linked, and Mary has the higher total points, so John's account shows the same number of points.

Now John goes on a 7 day cruise alone. He gets 14 points for his solo cruise, so his total is now 114 points. However, when he and Laura log into their C&A accounts, they see the same thing as before, each has 170 points and they are Diamond.

The website always shows each person with the highest number of points in the linked relationship.

And with kiddos, as long as they are linked with their parents, they will retain their parents status after they turn 18 but will no longer be associated with their account or be able to take advantage of any status bumps the parents get.

So lets say the parents only take the kids some of the time, or had bunch of cruises under their belt before they had kids. Or maybe the parents stay in junior suites while the kids are in balconies next door or interiors across the hall. The parents could have 175 pts when the kids turn 18 so the Kid will get to be a D+, but the kid may actually only has 55 pts under their own name. In order to get to pinnacle, the kid would need to accrue 645 points.

Edited by Canadian Disney Mom

Every cruiser accumulates their own points. If you are linked with someone, then the website will show each account having the higher of the points of the couple. They do this to allow each person in the relationship to share the same C&A level.

It gets confusing is there is a disparity between the number of points each person has accumulated.

Here's an example. Say John and Laura are linked. John has 100 points, Laura has 170 points. When John logs into his C&A account, he sees he has 170 points and is Diamond level. Mary sees the same thing when she logs into her account. This is because they are linked, and Mary has the higher total points, so John's account shows the same number of points.

Now John goes on a 7 day cruise alone. He gets 14 points for his solo cruise, so his total is now 114 points. However, when he and Laura log into their C&A accounts, they see the same thing as before, each has 170 points and they are Diamond.

The website always shows each person with the highest number of points in the linked relationship.

Does John have a mistress? :confused:

Very interesting, since I have cruised more than my DH, and some solos, attaining double points (on RCI site)for both of us. How do we find out how many actual points DH has, since RCI site shows the same for both of us? I was actually thinking of DH going solo a couple of cruises this year, and me going a couple, but if it won't add to my/our total points shown on RCI site, we would be better off just me continuing to cruise solo, right? Also, he has become Diamond and Diamond +, the same timing I have, but if he must earn his own points for Pinnacle, will he not become pinnacle when I do, if I have the needed 700 points, and he only has 650 of his own?

Oh, I also caught Laura's name changing to Mary.:D we met John and Laura recently.....great couple!:)

Edited by cruising grandma

Very interesting, since I have cruised more than my DH, and some solos, attaining double points (on RCI site)for both of us. How do we find out how many actual points DH has, since RCI site shows the same for both of us? I was actually thinking of DH going solo a couple of cruises this year, and me going a couple, but if it won't add to my/our total points shown on RCI site, we would be better off just me continuing to cruise solo, right? Also, he has become Diamond and Diamond +, the same timing I have, but if he must earn his own points for Pinnacle, will he not become pinnacle when I do, if I have the needed 700 points, and he only has 650 of his own?

Oh, I also caught Laura's name changing to Mary.:D we met John and Laura recently.....great couple!:)

You will both become Pinnacle at the same time. That benefit extends to significant others but not children who must earn it on their own.

That's hilarious, I don't know what happened.:confused::D

I'll blame it on the poor internet here on Vision.:rolleyes:

Ahhh...The Vision...it was our go to ship for many years to Mexico....that was long before internet ;)

How is Vision other than slow internet? We will be on nine nights in a couple of weeks.:)

So far, the cruise has been quite nice. Service in bars and restaurants has been excellent. Entertainment staff has been fun. MDR menu has had several menus I've never seen before, most likely because this is a 15-day cruise.

So far, the cruise has been quite nice. Service in bars and restaurants has been excellent. Entertainment staff has been fun. MDR menu has had several menus I've never seen before, most likely because this is a 15-day cruise.

Thanks. Yours must be a repositioning cruise. Ours is nine nights from/to Tampa, with a great itinerary. I have been looking at a different nine night itinerary in January.