Share/Sabatini's on Regal???

RocketMan275

I've just returned from a cruise on Oasis so I'm a bit out of touch with the latest on this subject. I've looked through the various threads on Share and Sabatini's and still can't find anything definitive on whether Share will replace Sabatini's on Regal. We're considering whether to take a cruise on Regal or a cruise on Holland in 2017. We've did Regal last March and loved Sabatini's. We've always wanted to take a cruise on Holland. It's a close call and if Share replaces Sabatini's on Regal could be the deciding factor.

Here's my question. Has a definitive announcement been made on whether Share will replace Sabatini's on Regal prior to 2017? (This is not a question about Stone's menu items in the MDR.)

Here's my question. Has a definitive announcement been made on whether Share will replace Sabatini's on Regal prior to 2017? (This is not a question about Stone's menu items in the MDR.)

I obviously don't have the answer you're looking for but I've also been interested in this subject matter (we sail on the Regal in three weeks and again next December) and while Sabatini's will be in place this year, I've been wondering the same thing about Share for next year as I would actually like to experience the Share concept over Sabatini's.

So why am I responding? :cool: Because in all the threads I've read about Share, I don't think the information your looking for is available at this point. Meaning, I have not seen a timeline detailing when each ship expects to have the new restaurant.

I'm also "subscribing" to see if anyone else does have that information.

I don't think the information your looking for is available at this point. Meaning, I have not seen a timeline detailing when each ship expects to have the new restaurant.

I'm also "subscribing" to see if anyone else does have that information.

I think you're correct..the only thing I've seen is this blurb on the Princess site:

"Available on select ships only, Chef Stone's specialty restaurant will debut in December 2015 aboard Emerald Princess, sailing from Ft. Lauderdale to the Caribbean, and Ruby Princess, sailing from Los Angeles to Hawaii and Mexico."

We asked that very question of the head waiter in Sabatinis on the Royal Princess last month. His response "I've heard nothing about Share coming to the Royal." I have no idea if that is just the corporate spiel or if there really is no talk of it.

We asked that very question of the head waiter in Sabatinis on the Royal Princess last month. His response "I've heard nothing about Share coming to the Royal." I have no idea if that is just the corporate spiel or if there really is no talk of it.

From the thread linked below: "I did have a very nice conversation with Frederico, the Maitre D today. This is his second cruise on the Royal. I asked him about the Curtis Stone roll out. I've read the press, but here is something that I didn't know: He said that Curtis Stone Share will replace Sabatini's. He believes the roll out will be approximately one ship a month thoughout 2016. I believe he said the Regal would the first. He thinks it will come to the Royal at drydock. Some ships will have to have it changed without drydock and he doesn't know how that will be done. Other Curtis Stone features will be rolled out slowly and he didn't have a date for that. He talked a lot about the hand crafted nature of the Norman Love items. They have three staff member who just make Norman Love desserts."

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2272426&highlight=share

The head waiter in Sabatini's on Royal tells you there are no plans for share in Royal and the Matre'd on Royal says it will happen on both Regal and Royal. Don't you just love it?

The Royal is scheduled to be out of service for two weeks beginning September 24, 2016. Princess could convert Sabatini's at that time if so inclined.

Lew

The only "official" information I have seen is a Princess press release from 08/18. That stated that SHARE would be introduced on the Emerald and Ruby in December, the Coral in January and the Sun in April. The 2016-2017 Cruise Atlas shows SHARE replacing Sabatini's on the Emerald, Ruby and Coral and Verdi's Pizzeria on the Sun.

The only "official" information I have seen is a Princess press release from 08/18. That stated that SHARE would be introduced on the Emerald and Ruby in December, the Coral in January and the Sun in April. The 2016-2017 Cruise Atlas shows SHARE replacing Sabatini's on the Emerald, Ruby and Coral and Verdi's Pizzeria on the Sun.

That's all I've seen too.

From the thread linked below: "I did have a very nice conversation with Frederico, the Maitre D today. This is his second cruise on the Royal. I asked him about the Curtis Stone roll out. I've read the press, but here is something that I didn't know: He said that Curtis Stone Share will replace Sabatini's. He believes the roll out will be approximately one ship a month thoughout 2016. I believe he said the Regal would the first. He thinks it will come to the Royal at drydock. Some ships will have to have it changed without drydock and he doesn't know how that will be done. Other Curtis Stone features will be rolled out slowly and he didn't have a date for that. He talked a lot about the hand crafted nature of the Norman Love items. They have three staff member who just make Norman Love desserts."

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2272426&highlight=share

The head waiter in Sabatini's on Royal tells you there are no plans for share in Royal and the Matre'd on Royal says it will happen on both Regal and Royal. Don't you just love it?

I'm the one who spoke to Frederico on the Royal Princess in October. I also spoke to someone else in the MDR who didn't have any idea when anything was happening. She barely knew who Curtis Stone was. However, I believe Frederico has some knowledge of this. He was new to the Royal and maybe he just hadn't shared this info with his staff yet. He didn't know what dates each ship (or the Royal for that matter) was changing to Share. He said he thought Regal was getting one soon, but others have stated that's not the case. He did say that ships that were going through drydock would probably make the change at that time.

Edited by KruzPrincess

Don't assume that staff on the ship will know what is happening in the future.

Once while taking the Ultimate Ship's Tour, at the stop in the print shop we were told they were unusually busy because all the dinner menus would be changing the next week and they had to print them all this week.

That evening we asked our headwaiter what the new menu changes were. He had no idea the menus were being changed in just a few days.

We received the Captain's Circle E-Newsletter today. One article stated "...including SHARE, an all-new specialty restaurant dedicated to connecting with others, exclusively on board select ships." That appears to imply that SHARE might not be on all ships.

"Dedicated to connecting with others" also implies, as many of us have suspected, that SHARE will be a group experience which is far less attractive than a romantic dinner in Sabatini's.

My problem is that I like to book my cruises far in advance and I've booked a Regal cruise in 2017. Normally, we do at least two dinners in Sabatini's. If SHARE is in effect on Regal in 2017, we will cancel. I would like to confirm the initial reports that SHARE would be on Regal prior to 2017.

"Dedicated to connecting with others" also implies, as many of us have suspected, that SHARE will be a group experience which is far less attractive than a romantic dinner in Sabatini's.

My problem is that I like to book my cruises far in advance and I've booked a Regal cruise in 2017. Normally, we do at least two dinners in Sabatini's. If SHARE is in effect on Regal in 2017, we will cancel. I would like to confirm the initial reports that SHARE would be on Regal prior to 2017.

The only "official" information, a Princess press release and the 2016-2017 Cruise Atlas, shows that the first four "select ships" will be the Emerald, Ruby, Coral and Sun. Any other information would appear to be strictly hearsay.

We were on the Regal a few weeks ago and on Nov. 1 at Sabatini's they knew nothing about any changes.

If Regal will be first in 2016 does anybody know when? We sail again on May 1st on this ship. Though truth be told it wouldn't matter all that much we are sort of Sabatini's out at this point.

Thanks

The only "official" information, a Princess press release and the 2016-2017 Cruise Atlas, shows that the first four "select ships" will be the Emerald, Ruby, Coral and Sun. Any other information would appear to be strictly hearsay.

I just watched a video this morning that was posted by Princess on their FB page and after watching it, I have no interest in using Share as one of my dining options. Just does not appeal to me whatsoever.

I just watched a video this morning that was posted by Princess on their FB page and after watching it, I have no interest in using Share as one of my dining options. Just does not appeal to me whatsoever.

I saw that video. Worst marketing strategy I ever saw imho. Looked like a bunch of mess thrown on a plate with no thought into making it look appealing. :confused:

Sounded like everyone seated with you gets to put food on your plate. :eek:

Did I misunderstand?

I saw that video. Worst marketing strategy I ever saw imho. Looked like a bunch of mess thrown on a plate with no thought into making it look appealing. :confused:

Did I misunderstand?

And at first glance, without rewinding it or freezing the picture, it looked like there was sliced Anchovies' along with Brussels Sprouts. And him saying he wanted people to say "what would you like to pass me or what can I pass you"... even more unappealing. As you say.. IMHO.

Did I misunderstand?

Depends upon who you ask. There are those who insist the video is only something prepared to demonstrate the concept for the press. Other insist that

the depictions show small tables so you can sit with your own party.

Both of those are potentially true. The real issue is that SHARE is designed as a sharing experience and if one does not choose to share then the experience is diminished. Another issue noted by some is the lack of table clothes and carpeting. SHARE is not unique. There are multiple restaurants under other names that do the sharing concept. All feature hard tables and floors. Evidently a high noise level supposedly is attractive to a younger demographic.

I believe there are two things going on with their promotion videos.

One of them is obviously the "roll out" party showing many people sitting elbow to elbow and at long tables. This is just that.. a roll out party.

The concept pictures clearly show a different seating environment allowing for large tables and tables of two... but also show no table cloths and carpeting.

I would be fine with the layout of the restaurant and my wife and I would have no problem "sharing" our meal with each other at a table for two.

However.. I can't wait to see what the actual menu looks like but what I've seen him play with in the video's... no thanks.

We were on the Regal a few weeks ago and on Nov. 1 at Sabatini's they knew nothing about any changes.

If Regal will be first in 2016 does anybody know when? We sail again on May 1st on this ship. Though truth be told it wouldn't matter all that much we are sort of Sabatini's out at this point.

Thanks

See my post #15. There has been no "official" word from Princess regarding SHARE on the Regal.

Did I misunderstand?

Ick. Sounds dreadful. But thanks for expressing your thoughts.

I believe there are two things going on with their promotion videos.

One of them is obviously the "roll out" party showing many people sitting elbow to elbow and at long tables. This is just that.. a roll out party.

The concept pictures clearly show a different seating environment allowing for large tables and tables of two... but also show no table cloths and carpeting.

I would be fine with the layout of the restaurant and my wife and I would have no problem "sharing" our meal with each other at a table for two.

However.. I can't wait to see what the actual menu looks like but what I've seen him play with in the video's... no thanks.

I have to disagree. The concept pictures also show a long table with many places to sit elbow to elbow. Sure, there are a few tables for two or four but it should be clear that the emphasis is on large tables. And, frankly, it doesn't matter if you're sitting at a small table for two next to a table for twenty, you will be SHARING the noisy environment. BTW, you cannot say that the video is unrepresentative without also questioning whether the concept pictures are representative.