Many cabins available, chance of price drop two to three weeks out?

0%- 100% pick one. They are not on a no last minute deal if the the cat has not been discounted 10/20/30 days out, only if it has already been discounted

I thought I'd read where they were doing away with "last minute deals" but it seems a little counterproductive to me. Not discounted. Was higher priced than "normal" and the bumped up even higher. Seems odd to me. How do they fill those empty cabins?

Richard Fain has said they'll sail with some empty cabins rather than sell them at bargain basement prices.

That's what I thought. Thing is, the current pricing is higher than normal. lol Far from bargain basement! :)

Currently going to be sailing with over 50 empty balcony cabins if that's the case. (and that's the only Cat I've looked into!).

Not usual for RCCL to sail with empty cabins these days... I have quite a number of sailings that the ship is only 3/4 full.

Got tired of watching last minutes prices for RCCL, as my last few sailings this year, the prices got stuck for a long time and never went down.

Sure missed those exciting 2013 days where huge price movements happening in the last minute.

Not usual for RCCL to sail with empty cabins these days... I have quite a number of sailings that the ship is only 3/4 full.

Got tired of watching last minutes prices for RCCL, as my last few sailings this year, the prices got stuck for a long time and never went down.

Sure missed those exciting 2013 days where huge price movements happening in the last minute.

Yes, the days of the steep late discounts are apparently over for good. However, one would think they'd at least move it to a somewhat "normal" price point with so many empty cabins! From a shareholder standpoint, sailing with a large number of empty cabins doesn't set all that well with me. Maybe I'm missing something though? :confused:

Yes, the days of the steep late discounts are apparently over for good. However, one would think they'd at least move it to a somewhat "normal" price point with so many empty cabins! From a shareholder standpoint, sailing with a large number of empty cabins doesn't set all that well with me. Maybe I'm missing something though? :confused:

I wonder if it could be guarantee cabins they have not yet officially placed? Maybe upgrades will occur that will put more people in those balconies and then they will fill the lower categories? Maybe they are looking for a slow week to give the crew a little rest before the busy holiday sailings? All guesses on my part. No way to really know what they will do.

Smoke and mirrors.....bait and switch, pulling the wool over our eyes....many different things we could use to call this policy by RCI.

I guess like anything it will take awhile for them to judge if its working or what/how to adjust things.

But yes....basically the "general" idea is expect to see not full ships and higher prices and less/no last min price drops/sales as Richard Fain put it. They want to keep prices as high as they can for max profit.

When was this because I haven't been on a single one

Definitely not a lot of last minute price drops on Royal for the last year or two. But, don't give up looking.

We were able to add a second week to our 12/6 sailing on Liberty out of Galveston. The 12/13 sailing had a big senior discount bringing the Cat D balcony down to about $599/pp before C&A discount. Not as good as some deals we have snagged in the past, but pretty good by today's pricing! Maybe they are using senior or resident discounts more instead of across the board discounts...?

Definitely not a lot of last minute price drops on Royal for the last year or two. But, don't give up looking.

We were able to add a second week to our 12/6 sailing on Liberty out of Galveston. The 12/13 sailing had a big senior discount bringing the Cat D balcony down to about $599/pp before C&A discount. Not as good as some deals we have snagged in the past, but pretty good by today's pricing! Maybe they are using senior or resident discounts more instead of across the board discounts...?

Dropped back down to the original (already too high) price now. :)

I'd say you got a heck of a good deal btw! Like you say, especially by today's standards!

BTW!! With crude/fuel so cheap these days I'd think we should be seeing some fuel "discounts" right?! lol

I have noticed more senior and military rates lately after final payment

I've seen a lot of that as well. The Anthem Christmas sailing that we were originally on had a whole lot of categories including balconies for less than $1000 pp which on a brand new ship the week of Christmas was a great price.

Smoke and mirrors.....bait and switch, pulling the wool over our eyes....many different things we could use to call this policy by RCI.

I guess like anything it will take awhile for them to judge if its working or what/how to adjust things.

But yes....basically the "general" idea is expect to see not full ships and higher prices and less/no last min price drops/sales as Richard Fain put it. They want to keep prices as high as they can for max profit.

Ok, how is RCCL not discounting cabins, a policy they say the will adhere too, "Smoke and mirrors.....bait and switch, pulling the wool over our eyes?" Seems you don't actually understand the terms.

Ok, how is RCCL not discounting cabins, a policy they say the will adhere too, "Smoke and mirrors.....bait and switch, pulling the wool over our eyes?" Seems you don't actually understand the terms.

none of the cruises I've followed has gone down in price any less than it had been in the past at some time.