LAST STRAW! My Last Cruise With Norwegian!

there used to be long lines on RCI for Johnny Rockets.. since they started charging..except for free breakfast.. there is no problem getting in.....it does eliminate the long lines

And how many stopped cruising RCI as a result?

there used to be long lines on RCI for Johnny Rockets.. since they started charging..except for free breakfast.. there is no problem getting in.....it does eliminate the long lines

People would be less angry with a small cover charge like $5, than a la carte, paying a fortune for a burger, fries and pie that they've already paid for in their fare.

I was on the TA and there was talk then of Margaritaville becoming an a la carte venue which I reported in my review. And just a week or so ago, Cruise Critic reported the same so it comes as a surprise to me that so many are "shocked". Trust me, there is way better food on the ship.

Tracy

Wrong. The crew will still get their pay. Ncl will just not be able to get the funds for their pay from her particular dsc

Ncl pays their crew on a regular basis regardless of dsc reduction by a pax

But I assure you they get a regular paycheck

Sent from my iPad using Forums

This is diametrically opposed to everything I've been told by crewmembers. They pay the crew $50 / month. The balance is VARIABLE depending on how many people are sailing, and how many maintain the DSC in place. So there's a direct correlation between removing the DSC and how much take-home pay the crew get.

And how many stopped cruising RCI as a result?

Does it matter? They sail full anyway. And where are those ex-RCI people going? NCL?

It's like all the people in the US who tweeted that they were moving to Canada when the same-sex marriage decision was handed down by the Supreme Court.

Umm.... we've had the same thing in Canada for over 10 years....

The grass only LOOKS greener.

Note from the Escape. If anyone has a specialty dining credit and you want to buy a specialty dining package, pre book the restaurants before you are onboard. We get onboard at 11:30 and they tell us they are not selling them anymore. After an hour they finally let us buy one after booking what was left of the dining times.

This is diametrically opposed to everything I've been told by crewmembers. They pay the crew $50 / month. The balance is VARIABLE depending on how many people are sailing, and how many maintain the DSC in place. So there's a direct correlation between removing the DSC and how much take-home pay the crew get.

$50 dollars a month!? OMG

Note from the Escape. If anyone has a specialty dining credit and you want to buy a specialty dining package, pre book the restaurants before you are onboard. We get onboard at 11:30 and they tell us they are not selling them anymore. After an hour they finally let us buy one after booking what was left of the dining times.

WOW The straw after the last straw.:eek:

So it's more like a dividend

Does it matter? They sail full anyway. And where are those ex-RCI people going? NCL?

It's like all the people in the US who tweeted that they were moving to Canada when the same-sex marriage decision was handed down by the Supreme Court.

Umm.... we've had the same thing in Canada for over 10 years....

The grass only LOOKS greener.

They can meet up with the boomer draft dodgers. I was just wondering if anyone on RCI considered the charges at Johnny Rockets the last straw.:D

The SDP rules say that you can buy them anytime in the first 2 days of a sailing. If that's not the practice, and if you care enough....escalate it to Sean (the HD). There should be a box in the middle of the Guest Services counter for this express purpose.

They do read, and they do respond.

I agree that it is not right to change something on the customer after they have paid and beyond when they are allowed to cancel! It is only right that they would allow everyone already booked before the change to not be effected by the change. I don't understand how people would defend the cruise line, they just shouldn't be allowed to do that to a customer. We wouldn't accept that from anywhere else that we spend money.

$50 dollars a month!? OMG

I don't know if that figure is correct or not, but in most of the home countries of the crew, tip income is not reported or taxed.

So let's say Monday your boss comes to you and says "What if I reduce your pay to $50 and we legally exempt all the rest of your income from our high tax rates?" Would you say "yes" or would you say "no"?

$50 of their income is taxed. The rest is tax free. Pretty good deal, huh?

...Email today from NCL

Take a bite out of paradise.

. . .To continue delivering the highest quality experience to our guests , the restaurant will now offer tropical menu selections on an a la carte basis starting November 28 th.

Whenever a company tells me they are doing something for my benefit, I run the other way. It is marketing speak for "we just figured out a new way to get a few more $ from you."

They can meet up with the boomer draft dodgers. I was just wondering if anyone on RCI considered the charges at Johnny Rockets the last straw.:D

On most ships Johnny Rockets has a small cover charge and charges for milk shakes and other drinks. This has been the model since it first opened.

I believe it is only an a la carte restaurant on Quantum class ships. They have not been sailing long enough to know if this pricing model for Johnny Rockets has impacted sales.

Edited by broberts

I don't know if that figure is correct or not, but in most of the home countries of the crew, tip income is not reported or taxed.

So let's say Monday your boss comes to you and says "What if I reduce your pay to $50 and we legally exempt all the rest of your income from our high tax rates?" Would you say "yes" or would you say "no"?

$50 of their income is taxed. The rest is tax free. Pretty good deal, huh?

Precisely. THAT is why it's unlikely to change to mandatory....because all of the crew would leave if all of their income was suddenly taxable.

I agree that it is not right to change something on the customer after they have paid and beyond when they are allowed to cancel! It is only right that they would allow everyone already booked before the change to not be effected by the change. I don't understand how people would defend the cruise line, they just shouldn't be allowed to do that to a customer. We wouldn't accept that from anywhere else that we spend money.

You are proposing that NCL, who sells cruises 2 years into the future, should not put a new company policy into effect for 2 years. Waiting 2 years to institute a new policy is not going to happen. The most I would expect for them to wait is 90 to 120 days, whichever would allow passengers to cancel without penalty and I think that is what NCL has been doing.

You are proposing that NCL, who sells cruises 2 years into the future, should not put a new company policy into effect for 2 years. Waiting 2 years to institute a new policy is not going to happen. The most I would expect for them to wait is 90 to 120 days, whichever would allow passengers to cancel without penalty and I think that is what NCL has been doing.

Someone gets it! Thumbs up.

Gotta wonder how that works out for those on the POA.

POA is bound by US Labor laws including minimum wages, stat holiday supplements, max hours worked in a week, paid vacation, etc.

They're an exception to the NCL fleet.

Stephen

POA is bound by US Labor laws including minimum wages, stat holiday supplements, max hours worked in a week, paid vacation, etc.

They're an exception to the NCL fleet.

Stephen

Wrong again. There are no stat holiday supplements, max hours worked in a week or paid vacation in the US Labor laws.

Maybe they shouldn't sell things two years out. Selling one thing and delivering another just don't smell right.

Maybe they shouldn't sell things two years out. Selling one thing and delivering another just don't smell right.

What do you think would be a reasonable length of time into the future to sell a cruise? Using your comments I guess NCL should sell only 120 days into the future while all the other cruise lines sell 2 years out. If you are upset about policy changes then maybe you should never purchase a cruise until you are within 120 days of sailing and then these policy changes won't affect you.