Has FDR done anything to benefit cruisers?

CruiserRob

I doubt anyone has all of the facts, but some are able to look at things objectively and use the facts that we do have at our disposal and base our opinions on that.

Others just see anything negative and jump on to support the cruiseline, facts don't seem to matter.

I think that assessment misses those people who are at the other extreme and just jump in to criticise the cruiseline whatever the facts are.

Those who just criticise every little thing are just as bad as those who defend everything.

I doubt anyone has all of the facts, but some are able to look at things objectively and use the facts that we do have at our disposal and base our opinions on that.

Others just see anything negative and jump on to support the cruiseline, facts don't seem to matter.

You are correct some look at things objectively, while others just attack the cruise line or Mr. Del Rio without knowing the facts.

My Dawn cruise was the same experience as my cruises prior to the changes and that is how I base my opinions.

Edited by NLH Arizona

I think that assessment misses those people who are at the other extreme and just jump in to criticise the cruiseline whatever the facts are.

Those who just criticise every little thing are just as bad as those who defend everything.

True, but you rarely see someone posting about their amazing cruise experience and having people jump on and say "No you didn't have a great cruise". You do see people posting about a negative cruise and people jump on them and say it's their fault, they should have researched this and that, they're cheap and that sort of thing.

You are right, there are some that are always negative, and I've been called that, but I'm not. I think the changes were handled very poorly and I don't think FDR's done anything to improve my cruising experience (which is of course what this thread is about).

Edited by SuiteCruiser

You are correct some look at things objectively, while others just attack the cruise line or Mr. Del Rio without knowing the facts.

My Dawn cruise was the same experience as my cruises prior to the changes and that is how I base my opinions.

So FDR did nothing to improve your cruise experience. I'm glad you enjoyed your cruise. I also enjoyed all of mine.

Since customers are not privy to decisions processes, and it is not really the customers business anyways. Therefore, we can only go with the public perception of the two individual.

I think the epsiode of "Undercover Boss" featuring Mr. Sheehan shows he is a caring person, he cares for his staff well being as well as the quality of his company's product. Whereas with Mr. Del Rio, whenever he mention his customers, he calls them captive audience and he is trying to squeeze more money once they get on board any of his ships.

Based on this, it is very difficult for people not to form perceptions of these two individuals. It is fairly natural for people to associate customer oriented policies with Mr. Sheenhan and money generating or shareholders oriented policies with Mr. Del Rio.

I agree...;). Sums it up exactly as I see it.....

So FDR did nothing to improve your cruise experience. I'm glad you enjoyed your cruise. I also enjoyed all of mine.

The point is that none of the changes had a negative impact on my cruise. I had the same great experience that I've always had. Where some things different, sure, but they had no bearing on my experience.

The point is that none of the changes had a negative impact on my cruise. I had the same great experience that I've always had. Where some things different, sure, but they had no bearing on my experience.

2 great cruises with booze comped! 😎 Thanks NCL! 😀 Book early!! 😏

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

That's great, so again, the answer for this thread is still "no".

I have amazing times on my cruises, I surround myself with great people, make lots of new friends and enjoy them tremendously.

Much like spme people do in the opposite direction.

Bill

This!!

If you don't walk around with your wallet open, you're a whiner.

I saw changes last week and they weren't to the good. I heard complaints also about wait time for drinks. Did it affect me? No, but if affected others and was noticeable.

I saw changes from our last cruise which was in January of this year. I stilll had a great time but there was a difference.

Edited by janpo

That's great, so again, the answer for this thread is still "no".

I have amazing times on my cruises, I surround myself with great people, make lots of new friends and enjoy them tremendously.

Some have already supplied answers. Just because they may not benefit you does not mean that the end all answer to the thread is "no".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would hope that everyone does have a great cruise, I am sure Del Rio doesn't want to give people a crappy cruise. I am sure that I would have the same great time onboard as we have in the past, Del Rio just has to get me onboard:).

Some have already supplied answers. Just because they may not benefit you does not mean that the end all answer to the thread is "no".

I'm not talking about everyone, some people may feel they've benefited from the changes, I was talking about NLH Arizona, who was responding that everything was the same for her. It's not a big leap then to say that she didn't benefit from his change.

I should have said "your answer for this thread is still no"

Clearly I'm having a little fun...

Edited by SuiteCruiser

Yes very true. You should not dismiss others that have benefited. It's their opinion.

I'm not talking about everyone, some people may feel they've benefited from the changes, I was talking about NLH Arizona, who was responding that everything was the same for her. It's not a big leap then to say that she didn't benefit from his change.

I should have said "your answer for this thread is still no"

Clearly I'm having a little fun...

Did I benefit from any of the changes, not yet. I did like that there were not a lot of trays and plates sitting out in the hallways, yes. Did I benefit from it no, just liked it. I already had the Udp, so I didn't benefit from the SDP yet, but will after my next cruise. Did I benefit from the new menus, no because they were not yet on the ship. So, if you are asking if I benefited by any of the changes on my December cruise, the answer would be no. If you ask me if I will ever benefit by the changes, the answer is yes.

Did I benefit from any of the changes, not yet. I did like that there were not a lot of trays and plates sitting out in the hallways, yes. Did I benefit from it no, just liked it. I already had the Udp, so I didn't benefit from the SDP yet, but will after my next cruise. Did I benefit from the new menus, no because they were not yet on the ship. So, if you are asking if I benefited by any of the changes on my December cruise, the answer would be no. If you ask me if I will ever benefit by the changes, the answer is yes.

Hate to burst your bubble but on the Breakaway a couple weeks ago there were plates all over the place in the hallway. My cousin who has only cruised NCL once before actually made the comment to me and said why is there so many plates laying around and she is clueless about cruise critic. And what's really funny about this is several months ago when there was talk about plates in the hallway I remember saying hmmmm I have never seen one plate in the hallway. Now clean hallways...not so much.

Geri

Yes very true. You should not dismiss others that have benefited. It's their opinion.

Yes I agree but at the same time you cannot attribute benefits that are not there. I have made bold the relevant text below;

The poster has said that their most recent on board experience was the same as they have always had. They expanded by saying that even though there have been changes, these changes had no effect on their cruise.

There was no mention of changes having a negative impact on their cruise experience. Nor has there been any mention that any of the changes had a positive impact on their most recent cruise experience. Ergo as SuiteCruiser pointed out in regards to this thread and in response to the original question the answer here would have to be "no".

This poster has stated that there has been no positive impact (or negative) to their cruise experience.

Rochelle

She will still tell you the answer is no even though I and others will agree.

Yes I agree but at the same time you cannot attribute benefits that are not there. I have made bold the relevant text below;

The poster has said that their most recent on board experience was the same as they have always had. They expanded by saying that even though there have been changes, these changes had no effect on their cruise.

There was no mention of changes having a negative impact on their cruise experience. Nor has there been any mention that any of the changes had a positive impact on their most recent cruise experience. Ergo as SuiteCruiser pointed out in regards to this thread and in response to the original question the answer here would have to be "no".

This poster has stated that there has been no positive impact (or negative) to their cruise experience.

Rochelle

Well to me that is a positive that none of the changes impacted her, so FDR is doing something right with her and I would call that a Benefit.

We actually don't know if recent changes were in the works prior to Mr. Del Rio or not, but it seems like if one perceives the change as negative it was Mr. Del Rio, but if it is perceived as positive it was Mr. Sheehan.....pretty funny!

That's what I wanted, to learn of any positive changes.

Robert

Hate to burst your bubble but on the Breakaway a couple weeks ago there were plates all over the place in the hallway. My cousin who has only cruised NCL once before actually made the comment to me and said why is there so many plates laying around and she is clueless about cruise critic. And what's really funny about this is several months ago when there was talk about plates in the hallway I remember saying hmmmm I have never seen one plate in the hallway. Now clean hallways...not so much.

Geri

Sorry, you saw so many. You are not bursting any bubble, as I can only share my experience on the Dawn and there were very few, I think I only saw 3 or 4 the whole cruise, where on my other cruises there were a lot more. Hopefully you will have the same experience on one of your upcoming cruises.

Sorry, you saw so many. You are not bursting any bubble, as I can only share my experience on the Dawn and there were very few, I think I only saw 3 or 4 the whole cruise, where on my other cruises there were a lot more. Hopefully you will have the same experience on one of your upcoming cruises.

Well actually the dishes in the hallway didn't bother me so no positive affect on me at all didn't enhance my cruise experience and didn't deter my cruise experience. My point is FDR wasnt on the ship making sure dishes weren't in the hallway.

Geri

That's what I wanted, to learn of any positive changes.

Robert

since many of the changes have either not happened fleet wide (menus) and some have not been felt by some (SDP, 18 percent gratuity in specialty restaurants, etc.), you might wait and ask the question at a later date, when folks can experience them and then make their call.

For me, the SDP is a positive, as I get free dinners from CAS and being Platinum, so on my cruise after next I will only have to purchase the 3 day package and still eat in the specialty restaurants every night. I'm looking forward to the new menus, especially at La Cucina, so that will be a benefit to me. As I usually tip in the specialty restaurants, when I have the SDP and prepay the tips, that will be taken care of, which will be a benefit to me.

Some have been calling these changes negative, on my cruise those that were I acted, like the room service charge, didn't affect me negatively in any way.

Some will dislike a change, some will like it and some won't care one way or another, because we all have different likes, dislikes and expectations. I don't know of any company where everyone of their customers agree with everything they do and it seems like NCL is the same.

Edited by NLH Arizona