It pays to keep checking the website

rp23g7

So I booked a 10 day Mexican Riviera cruise which turned out to be about $3800, with air.

Yesterday I was just looking at my account on Princess and it just happened to be the Twice as Nice sale.

I asked if I could cancel and rebook, they said yes.

so my total fair went down to $3300 and we got $500 onboard credit instead of $100 YIPPEEEE

So I booked a 10 day Mexican Riviera cruise which turned out to be about $3800, with air.

Yesterday I was just looking at my account on Princess and it just happened to be the Twice as Nice sale.

so my total fair went down to $3300 and we got $500 onboard credit instead of $100 YIPPEEEE

And if you had booked with a good TA you would be saving even more!

Even though I have already made final payment for out little 3-night Jan 22 cruise on the Crown, the prices dropped today and we were able to upgrade from an ocean view to balcony on the Caribe deck for only $20 per person more.

I think if you ask nice and are moving up in price they will accommodate.

So yes, it's worth checking the website.

You lucked out. I checked on a Canada/New England cruise some friends and i booked months ago. It shows to be eligible for the Twice as Nice sale. The fare shown is slightly over twice the amount we booked the cabins for. One cabin is a balcony and the other is a suite.

You lucked out. I checked on a Canada/New England cruise some friends and i booked months ago. It shows to be eligible for the Twice as Nice sale. The fare shown is slightly over twice the amount we booked the cabins for. One cabin is a balcony and the other is a suite.

I stand corrected. When I did the search for my cruise today, the prices shown were for single not double occupancy. Still, the fares were higher than when we originally booked. The OBC from this sale did not offset the higher fare difference and the perks we got from an earlier promotion.

TA??? Didn't they go out with the Betamax?

Say what you will about TA's but I love mine! We are cruise savvy and could easily book without a TA but why not enjoy the additional savings. Our TA has saved us thousands of dollars over the years by booking with them instead of directly with the cruiseline. For instance, we had been following a 14 day cruise (2 7 day BtoB's) that we were interested in booking. When the Twice as nice sale started the price had dropped on the Princess website from what it had been (we were surprised). We had been checking with our TA as well. We could have booked the cruise with Princess for the amount of $2263 per person and received the $300pp OBC as well as the all the additional credit we would get....$100pp OBC from FCD, $250 per cabin shareholders credit, $75 per cabin loyalty credit for a total OBC of $1125. By booking with our TA we were able to book the same cruise same cabin for $1949pp and still receive all the same OBC plus an additional $85 OBC from the TA for a total OBC of $1210. We won't have any trouble whatsoever spending this amount between tips, shore excursions, shopping, specialty dining, coffee cards, soda cards, drinks, etc. We are pleased! Give up a TA...NO WAY!

I got excited for the twice as nice sale. But I just checked out and saw that my cabin price would still be the same- under a prior promotion, our gratuities are covered, plus a free specialty restaurant for 1 night. New offer is not combinable, so we are still cheaper off with what we already have booked.

I got excited for the twice as nice sale. But I just checked out and saw that my cabin price would still be the same- under a prior promotion, our gratuities are covered, plus a free specialty restaurant for 1 night. New offer is not combinable, so we are still cheaper off with what we already have booked.

This was our experience as well....and due to a quirk in the Princess system, we couldn't even get the cabin upgrade which was an advertised part of the "3 for" promotion.

I checked all our upcoming cruise prices and one of our biggest is eligible for the twice as nice sale. I was able to save a nice bundle $$$ by calling Princess. I had a local TA who gave me nothing over what Princess offered and I had to contact him to take advantage of price reductions as he was not monitoring it. I dumped him and went to two different online TA and did get a pittance OBC and I had to monitor the price myself and contact them. They claimed they would monitor any price reductions but did not. It really soured me on TAs. In the case of the original TA, I had several cruises booked through him and had Princess take them back. He was not happy and sent me an inappropriate email assuring I would never contact him again.

I have a Panama Canal trip booked and the price went down over $400.00 and I received more obc than what I originally started with... Definatly nice right before Christmas...