Anthem of seas on news just now

Just saw on 11 pm news here in Nj that a 70 year old man died while on the ship and that even though investigators said it wasn't suspicious passengers reported other people were sick too.

Don't shoot the messenger.....that's what the reporter said.

Anyone else hear about this?

Just saw on 11 pm news here in Nj that a 70 year old man died while on the ship and that even though investigators said it wasn't suspicious passengers reported other people were sick too.

It's so sad but he could of died from many causes.

Edited by riclop

Yes, that's exactly what the 11:00pm CBS NY news daid. They generally are a teliable source. Vicki

There are people sick on every cruise, but that doesn't really mean anything. In any population, there will be sick people, it's just a fact. A 70 year old man probably died of a heart attack or stroke, but we won't know unless family or friend post about it.

We were on the NCL Epic a couple years ago with my dad who is an episcopal priest, he performed Sunday service for them, so they knew he was on board. A man died, and they called my dad to help comfort the widow. The Epic has a morgue on board (one of the nicest my dad has been to). What I gleaned from his conversation with the crew, is that on large ships people die quite frequently (enough to have a morgue).

People die on cruise ships all the time, people become ill on cruise ships all the time, jus like on land, no news here.....:rolleyes:

I don't like to speak for other posters but I believe what they may mean is that the news doesn't report deaths unless they are suspicious or out of the ordinary etc. It may also be possible since it was reported on a NJ channel of CBS that he was a local person of some note.

Yes I know that unfortunately people die on cruise ships. Thanks for your "newsflash" Thetrail.

roll eyes at you for your rudeness. I brought it up because channel 2 doesn't usually report on it and I was wondering if anyone knew anything else.

And, unless the family releases info no one will know anything. If it really was a health/safety issue, it would be reported due to implications for others, but as no one has heard anything, I think it's safe to say, this is probably all you'll know.

OP's point is well taken. Unfortunately deaths from natural causes are fairly common on cruise ships. I was personally on one seven night cruise that had three passengers pass away. It was either a very slow news day in the Big Apple or there was some local interest aspect to this death not readily apparent at the moment.

OP's point is well taken. Unfortunately deaths from natural causes are fairly common on cruise ships. I was personally on one seven night cruise that had three passengers pass away. It was either a very slow news day in the Big Apple or there was some local interest aspect to this death not readily apparent at the moment.

Yes I have read this also. - but if I am on a Cruise I really do not want to know this. - Hear No Evil - or bad news

I do feel for the families it happens to - death is news if it is someone you care about. I have read the cruise lines do try and help the grieving family and there are people trained in grief counseling on board. My prayers are to anyone who looses family or friends on a cruise.