New name for Aqua Class required!

Mynki

Please tell me how to obtain a cruise contract before final payment, so I can evaluate all potential " we have the right to cancel or change" or "we no longer" written in small print of the contract. Usually I get a contract 30 - 45 days before my cruise. By then - it is way too late to cancel if I don't like something in the contract.

When I sign up for a Future Cruise while on board, I get a contract then. A copy of the contract is available 24/7 on the Celebrity website at: http://www.celebritycruises.com/frequently-asked-questions#faq657 This contract is consistent with the contract for all other cruise lines. Also, if you peruse the FAQ's it will tell you when you can cancel your contract without penalty - it depends on the length of cruise and time of year. It really is a good idea to become familiar with Celebrity's website. There is a wealth of information there.

.... Also, if you peruse the FAQ's it will tell you when you can cancel your contract without penalty -....

No it doesn't!

Those booking in the UK cannot cancel (unless Celebrity accept it is a significant change) without losing their deposit (which might be an enhanced deposit depending on the package booked)

No it doesn't!

Those booking in the UK cannot cancel (unless Celebrity accept it is a significant change) without losing their deposit (which might be an enhanced deposit depending on the package booked)

Yes, it does! Why are people so reluctant to do their own due diligence? Check Article 7 of the Cruise Contract on the Celebrity website! Perhaps you have a different contract in the UK, I don't know. I am not an attorney that specializes in International Law or your Law Clerk. Here in the US you can cancel within 60 to 75 days of your sailing date (depending on length of cruise and time of year) and receive a 100% refund.

Untitled.jpg.16bb69f3816b134d9a2e2aaa15b8284c.jpg

I think if they eliminated BLU, what did I pay extra for?

Easy, cancel your contract. But the OP wasn't complaining about eliminating BLU dining. He was complaining that he didn't get his free bottle of water.

I will be sailing in Aqua next May. Yes, I will no longer get my free $4 bottle of water. Instead Celebrity will be giving me $300 of OBC to spend any way I want. That works for me since I didn't drink the bottled water anyway!

Edited by El Crucero

When are they going to eliminate Blu? Is it going to be used as a suite overflow restaurant? OMG, where are the Aqua Passengers going to eat now.

This is a great example where CC and the rumor (rumour for you Brits) mill can do a disservice. We think the original comment was made in jest (although it delivered a message). There is no hint that X is thinking about eliminating Aqua or Blu. The real issue is the current and future quality of Blu and whether it is worth the extra cost (which varies greatly) to book Aqua. That is debatable. Personally, we have cruised in Blu a few times (most recently 1 week ago) and do have a future 2 week cruise booked in Blu. But, at this point, and based on our most recent experience with the very tired Blu menu, we are considering other options (cruise lines).

Hank

Easy, cancel your contract. But the OP wasn't complaining about eliminating BLU dining. He was complaining that he didn't get his free bottle of water.

I will be sailing in Aqua next May. Yes, I will no longer get my free $4 bottle of water. Instead Celebrity will be giving me $300 of OBC to spend any way I want. That works for me since I didn't drink the bottled water anyway!

Glad it works for you! Guess that makes the policy a good policy for everyone!

Canceling is also not always viable or acceptable. What if change is after final payment as one example? I was making a hypothetical. Water and even spa access does not drive me to book a category of cabin. BLU would.

I don't believe Celebrity is just giving out $300 OBC's and discounting everyone's fare. Most likely you are paying for your OBC via a higher base fare, but again glad YOU got something good. Not a smart trade off $300 OBC vs $4 bottles of water. Why would they do that? They do it because somewhere they make more money if that was the specific reason they deleted $4 water bottles. I doubt it though.

Edited by shipshape sam

Celebrity Cruises offers modern luxury service to all of our guests, with additional perks for those in select stateroom categories. Along with guests in Sky Suites and Celebrity Suites, all AquaClass guests receive two complimentary 16.9 oz. bottles of water upon embarkation. Guests in regular veranda staterooms do not receive complimentary bottled water. All guests can take advantage of outstanding perks like a classic beverage package, through our goBig! goBetter! goBest! offer on select sailings.

Celebrity Cruises offers modern luxury service to all of our guests...... All guests can take advantage of outstanding perks like a classic beverage package, through our goBig! goBetter! goBest! offer on select sailings.

How is this a perk if I'm paying for it???????:confused:

You are paying for $300 OBC - it is not FREE. Why people still think that perks that X is giving are FREE - THEY ARE NOT FREE...

Still sailing now. Very dissapointed about the elimination of water. With the continued increase in Cruise pricing, we have seen a great number of nickle and dime cuts in Aqua that many people we spoke with are very dissatisfied. My wife and I already have cruises in Aqua booked next year. I voiced my displeasure to several officers. We love blue but will now really analyze choices of cabins and cruise lines.

When I sign up for a Future Cruise while on board, I get a contract then. A copy of the contract is available 24/7 on the Celebrity website at: http://www.celebritycruises.com/frequently-asked-questions#faq657 This contract is consistent with the contract for all other cruise lines. Also, if you peruse the FAQ's it will tell you when you can cancel your contract without penalty - it depends on the length of cruise and time of year. It really is a good idea to become familiar with Celebrity's website. There is a wealth of information there.

O! what a wonderful X website! I like Celebrity for the most parts, but all these changes are making me to look at other cruise lines. For 2016 X lost 3 of my cruise bookings..

About the contract - I didn't see in the contract that cruiseline has a right to remove advertised amenities. Therefor people who booked AQ prior changes are not getting what they are paying for... And, please, don't start that water cost 25 cents and it is minor inconvenience. I don't get beverage package, and on our last TA we didn't get any OBC. But now AQ cost 30-50% more for 2016 and 2017 made me to decide not to make any future booking.. ( by the way - I didn't even got an email about water and my past 2 cruises were in AQ). So, thank you Celebrity!

Actually the OP was expressing a bit of tongue in cheek humour. Despite his signature, he has three bookings with X. Two suite and one in Aqua so is directly impacted though.

On a serious note, it is frustrating that X disappoint seemingly more and more of their customers. The petty cut backs make the company look very cheap.

As for the official announcement, well this will sound facetious, but I do genuinely mean it, CEO Lisa might as well walk into the nearest McDonalds in Miami, grab the nearest four people flipping burgers and washing lettuce. Sit them down reading this forum and Facebook for a week and then let them handle 'official' communications because they'd certainly do a better job than the current team! :)

Seriously, they read this thread within 24 hours of it being posted, and that's their retort. :rolleyes:

Celebrity Cruises offers modern luxury service to all of our guests, with additional perks for those in select stateroom categories. Along with guests in Sky Suites and Celebrity Suites, all AquaClass guests receive two complimentary 16.9 oz. bottles of water upon embarkation. Guests in regular veranda staterooms do not receive complimentary bottled water. All guests can take advantage of outstanding perks like a classic beverage package, through our goBig! goBetter! goBest! offer on select sailings.

What is "modern luxury service"? And what if there are 3 of us in a cabin? Share? Can you supply 3 straws? Thanks!

What is "modern luxury service"?

For those unfortunate enough to be sailing without a classic drinks package, it's the opportunity to spend an additional $55 per day whilst walking to a bar to collect your own bottle of water. As opposed to having one left in your cabin by your cabin steward.

We do have a beverage package included, but it's still an inconvenience, and I'm pretty certain was listed as an included amenity when we booked.

I hear from april 2016, those sailing in inside cabins will be being charged for oxygen whilst in the room. ;)

I also emailed X regarding this issue over a week ago - got no respond...

Here it is - " you get what you want when you want and not a moment sooner- that is the MODERN LUXURY"- just love to listen to this while on hold with Celebrity. It seems that X care less if their customers upset...

For those unfortunate enough to be sailing without a classic drinks package, it's the opportunity to spend an additional $55 per day whilst walking to a bar to collect your own bottle of water. As opposed to having one left in your cabin by your cabin steward.

We do have a beverage package included, but it's still an inconvenience, and I'm pretty certain was listed as an included amenity when we booked.

I hear from april 2016, those sailing in inside cabins will be being charged for oxygen whilst in the room. ;)

Ha!

You are paying for $300 OBC - it is not FREE. Why people still think that perks that X is giving are FREE - THEY ARE NOT FREE...

You paid $300 for $300 of OBC? Did I say it was "free?" It is an added incentive to purchase a FC.

I think Celebrity is a bargain for other "comparable" cruise lines like Princess where you get nothing, including no water, in upgraded staterooms for the same price as Celebrity.

It sounds like that there are a lot of unhappy X customers here. You may want to cruise on other lines and see how far your cruising budget goes when you are paying high fares for all those extras.

Edited by El Crucero

Still sailing now. Very dissapointed about the elimination of water. With the continued increase in Cruise pricing, we have seen a great number of nickle and dime cuts in Aqua that many people we spoke with are very dissatisfied. My wife and I already have cruises in Aqua booked next year. I voiced my displeasure to several officers. We love blue but will now really analyze choices of cabins and cruise lines.

Easy, cancel your cruise and get a full refund from Celebrity. You can re-book on Azamara, Oceania, Crystal, etc. and pay 2 to 3 times what you do on Celebrity, but by golly you will get that bottled water in your room for several hundred more dollars per day!

O! what a wonderful X website! I like Celebrity for the most parts, but all these changes are making me to look at other cruise lines. For 2016 X lost 3 of my cruise bookings..

I use a TA and my bookings are never lost and she matches Celebrity's OBC. I simple call to customer relations will resolve any issues if you think your reservations are truly lost.

About the contract - I didn't see in the contract that cruiseline has a right to remove advertised amenities.

Article 6.a

But now AQ cost 30-50% more for 2016 and 2017 made me to decide not to make any future booking..

Well yes, if you want to be first in line for a 2017 reservation, prices will be high. You can always re-book if prices go down or cancel 75 days prior to sailing for a full refund if you are not happy with your rate. So I recommend you cancel your future bookings in Aqua because you think the rates are too high and you aren't getting your bottled water. You can book a cruise elsewhere and then compare.

Suggesting two bottles of water is a serious perk of Aqua Class is a bit like when a car manufacturer says this car comes with CD player.... Any three star hotel will throw in a couple of bottles of water.

How can all guests take advantages of outstanding perks like Go BBB when (a) it only applies to selected sailings (b) because go BBB doesn't apply to some markets (UK for example), it is patently misleading to suggest ALL guests can take advantage of this.

Edited by DYKWIA