New name for Aqua Class required!

Mynki

In the quantities that X buys this "non-premium" water they have now cancelled, what we are talking about here is a savings of about $1-2 at most for a 7-10 day cruise. Even when you multiply that by the total number of AQ Class cabins, the savings is minimal compared to the increases in cruise prices they have started.

THAT is MODERN LUXURY???:confused:

While it does seem cheap, I wonder if somebody did some analysis on how many open bottles that were wasted. If they found that a majority of the bottles were cracked and not really used or perhaps never opened maybe they felt it wasn't a value add.

The bottled water in AQ was again different from the other brands sold on board. If it was some sort of premium water (I have no idea, can't recall the name but it had a blue top), I am perfectly happy with them replacing it with the Crystal Geyser or any other basic brand.

We did use all our water.

But that is not the point...we booked when it was a listed perk, and I expect to receive it!

While making the point, I think it would be better to keep the original thread going...

Folks in AQ appreciated the water...many of us book AQ,aside fro BLU, to spend quite a bit of time in the spa, Persian Gardens and gym.....the water comes in handy! Maybe they'll let us take the special flavored water from the relaxation room in stateroom pitchers ofor use in welcome bottle instead!

laughed when I saw that our AQ amenities include water glasses..are they serious!

Petty Class seems appropriate

A case of bottled water at Costco comes out to approx. .12 cents per bottle. How cheap can you get. My AQ cabin this year is costing me $1,000. extra. How much water can I buy for that ????

Little by little they are taking away all the stuff that made Celebrity stand out from the rest of the mainstream. It's no wonder people are moving away from them. I hope they are reading all these boards at headquarters.

Cutting AQ water is a silly cut-back that saves the cruise line little and generates negative vibes. We just got off the Eclipse (today) after 14 days in Aqua. The first day we had the usual 2 bottles of water in our cabin. On day 3 when we ran out , we ask our steward about the policy and she explained that X had stopped replenishing water. Since many of the Aqua folks had a drink package (including moi) we just had to remember to get some water when we were at a bar. But it is just one more cut-back that left a bad taste in our mouth. And then there was the night they had Ribeye Steak in Blu which turned out to be a 1/4 inch minute steak. The poor Maitre,d spent days apologizing to dozens of Blu diners. And then we had short ribs as the Blu meat entree.....2 nights in a row! We used to value Aqua as worth about $30 a day extra (over a regular balcony cabin) but have now lowered our estimation to about $20 a day. We wonder if Madam CEO plans to make Aqua the new budget category.

Hank

A case of bottled water at Costco comes out to approx. .12 cents per bottle. How cheap can you get. My AQ cabin this year is costing me $1,000. extra. How much water can I buy for that ????

Little by little they are taking away all the stuff that made Celebrity stand out from the rest of the mainstream. It's no wonder people are moving away from them. I hope they are reading all these boards at headquarters.

Our water in Blu was from Italy. It tasted better than most and was comparable to Poland Springs. No after taste like some.

I drank one bottle all week. Wife had approximately one per day from the room. There is water at drink dispensers on board. But not from Italy.

Are the spa's no longer called Aqua Spas? If so then the name for the Spa class cabins do not need to be renamed.

I'd guess the reason for ending the free bottled water has as much to do about waste and waste disposal (recycling) as it is the cost of the water itself. Not to mention the time and labor to load it and the space to store it aboard.

Cutting AQ water is a silly cut-back that saves the cruise line little and generates negative vibes. We just got off the Eclipse (today) after 14 days in Aqua. The first day we had the usual 2 bottles of water in our cabin. On day 3 when we ran out , we ask our steward about the policy and she explained that X had stopped replenishing water. Since many of the Aqua folks had a drink package (including moi) we just had to remember to get some water when we were at a bar. But it is just one more cut-back that left a bad taste in our mouth. And then there was the night they had Ribeye Steak in Blu which turned out to be a 1/4 inch minute steak. The poor Maitre,d spent days apologizing to dozens of Blu diners. And then we had short ribs as the Blu meat entree.....2 nights in a row! We used to value Aqua as worth about $30 a day extra (over a regular balcony cabin) but have now lowered our estimation to about $20 a day. We wonder if Madam CEO plans to make Aqua the new budget category.

Hank

Excellent post. Have you expressed your opinions regarding the elimination of the daily delivery of bottled water? Just spoke with a Captain's Club rep regarding the bottled water situation and she told me to use: celebrityonetouch@celebrity.com

So the bottled water has gone, X needs to rebrand Aqua Class to something more appropriate. I'm guessing they'll not go with my suggestion of 'Drought Class', so what do you think it should now be called? :D

Blu crew

- Joel

Excellent post. Have you expressed your opinions regarding the elimination of the daily delivery of bottled water? Just spoke with a Captain's Club rep regarding the bottled water situation and she told me to use: celebrityonetouch@celebrity.com

We tend to not make a big deal out of little things. But we do have another 14 day cruise booked in Aqua and are considering canceling. It is not because of the water issue ( since we had the premium drink package we just replaced the cheap missing water with Peligrino and Perrier which cost X money). But we are now wondering with the price increases and cut backs if we would prefer a more upscale line. Another option is replace the X booking with a Haven Suite on Norwegian where you get many amenities. We are equal opportunity cruisers (have been on 14 lines) and always look at price/ benefit.

Hank