Union flag

so,ton saint

I wonder why P&O think it is a good idea to put the Union Flag on their ships considering the state of the world at the moment and the fact that Britain is not exactly flavour of the month.

Anyone agree?

Both Cunard and P&O sent ships to the war zone in 1982. Sadly Cunard had a ship sunk but that's how patriotic cruise lines are. Lest we forget.

Regards John

Edited by john watson

I wonder why P&O think it is a good idea to put the Union Flag on their ships considering the state of the world at the moment and the fact that Britain is not exactly flavour of the month.

Anyone agree?

Better than having the white flag that it replaced.

Working to-day sunday on ventura what were they doing painting the union flag on the bow,s of ventura stood on a cherry picker witha hand roller :eek:

Thanks for the information as some people on here have suggested that the lack of the Union Flag could mean that Ventura was to be transferred to another Carnival brand.

Anyone agree?

Or the fact they are sailing ships built in Italy owned by a American company... Not exactly "Flying the flag"

Anyone agree?

I don't agree. Terrorists don't work on the basis of "oh look, there's a ship with a union jack on it, who's got the bazooka", they have long-term plans. If they attack a ship, it will be based on the published schedule, not on a random glance at the bow.

P&O/Cunard are part of Carnival Corp which is a multinational Corporation not an American Owned Company, they have shareholders all over the world including the UK of which my wife are part of.The corporate HQ may be in the USA that does not make them American.

As regards marking he ship up with the U.K. flag that does not make them any more of a target to extremists, please remember these people are not stupid far from it they do not need a UK flag on the bow to identify their target British Airways have had it on the tail of their aircraft for years how many of their aircraft have been targeted.

The world is a dangerous place that we have to live with.

Or the fact they are sailing ships built in Italy owned by a American company... Not exactly "Flying the flag"

'Carnival' is actually two companies, Carnival Corporation and Carnival plc, which are dual listed, one in the US and one in the UK, so you would have to dig through the corporate structure to see if Ventura was owned by the US or the UK company.

Ventura is definitely not British though, being registered in Bermuda.

'Carnival' is actually two companies, Carnival Corporation and Carnival plc, which are dual listed, one in the US and one in the UK, so you would have to dig through the corporate structure to see if Ventura was owned by the US or the UK company.

Ventura is definitely not British though, being registered in Bermuda.

Sorry but all ships flagged in Bermuda are technically British as Bermuda is a British overseas territory. In other words a colony

So British.

Edited by daiB