Empress OTS to be home-ported at Miami

MADflyer

Points are no big deal in the grand scheme of things. Diamond brings most of the big benefits as I am sure you are well aware. D+ is a little extra icing.

It's been too hard for me to justify Royal's pricing lately. Pay double with Royal and get nothing really more than other lines, so don't sweat the points, really. More days is always better.

Yeah their prices are higher these days. Last Fall/Winter I got on the Enchantment every month for $300-$350, solo rate. Today it's double, my EN booking in Feb solo is $640.

I like the way you put it on the points, and I'm still getting 9 points + 6 on my solo EN booking. Currently at 149, road to D+, and then what... :confused:

Ports don't really matter, I've been to all of them many times. Now the question is what do I do in Cozumel, twice in 1 week!

Edited by mpoole3

I don't think they will have much in the way of perks other than Priority Boarding and MDR ordering. The ship is smaller than Majesty by ~300 cabins and they do not have a dedicated concierge (suites or diamond) which I find hard to believe especially with all of the D and D+ Pinnacles that are in FL.

Rechecked prices logged in with Diamond discount; jeez, that's a HUGE discount. they must be hoping all the C&A crowd in So Fla packs the ship in short notice.

Also, the courtesy hold button is back for Empress. Go figure.

Can anyone who is Diamond or Diamond Plus do a fake booking for 5 night empress and tell me what the total price is?

Well Empress won't have the balconies or half the venues of the Brilliance. Does Brilliance still have the gyro controlled billiard tables?

Yes, but they haven't been working for a while now. They were both down on our cruise in October (they got one of them working for the pool tournament, but it was broken again the next day), and I've seen other reports that they haven't fixed them yet.

My 5 nights May 23 is 1800 for the OS for two.

Is that Diamond or Diamond Plus?

Which 5 night (date) and what cabin category? I'm Diamond and will do that for you

April 16, 2015, thanks...Can you price out JS and OS?

Is that Diamond or Diamond Plus?

April 16, 2015, thanks...Can you price out JS and OS?

Diamond

JS, for 2

Cruise: $2530

Taxes and Fees: $216.18

Buy 1 Get Half: -$633

Crown and Anchor: -$932

Total: $1181.81

OS, for 2

Cruise: $3810

Buy 1 Get Half: -$953

Crown and Anchor: -$1252

Total: $1821.18

Diamond

JS, for 2

Cruise: $2530

Buy 1 Get Half: -$633

Crown and Anchor: -$932

Total: $1181.81

OS, for 2

Cruise: $3810

Buy 1 Get Half: -$953

Crown and Anchor: -$1252

Total: $1821.18

Thanks, I appreciate it. The Diamond Discount is identical to Emerald Discount.

I wonder if its same for all levels? Any Platinums want to give it a whirl?

Looking at OS on Empress...

Does anyone know which OS is bigger?

7006, 7506, 8506 (Forward OSs), or 9184, 8184 (Aft OSs).

The forward ones look bigger but it seems there is no balcony. The Aft ones look smaller but the balcony looks a lot bigger.

Anyone have insight?

Looking at OS on Empress...

Does anyone know which OS is bigger?

7006, 7506, 8506 (Forward OSs), or 9184, 8184 (Aft OSs).

The forward ones look bigger but it seems there is no balcony. The Aft ones look smaller but the balcony looks a lot bigger.

Anyone have insight?

Here you go! Keep in mind you are looking over the front of the ship

Edited by irishgal432

Sorry if this is a silly question but I'm newer to Royal.

Is this a new build ship or was it another name before. I see it's the only one under this class of ship. It seems there's always lots of hype when a new Royal ship is coming out and I've haven't hear anything about this ship until I looked at my e- mails.

Sorry if this is a silly question but I'm newer to Royal.

Is this a new build ship or was it another name before. I see it's the only one under this class of ship. It seems there's always lots of hype when a new Royal ship is coming out and I've haven't hear anything about this ship until I looked at my e- mails.

This ship was originally with Royal Caribbean between the years of 1990 and 2008, before being transferred to sister line Pullmantur. She was named Nordic Empress until 2004, when Royal changed her name to Empress of the Seas.

This ship was originally with Royal Caribbean between the years of 1990 and 2008, before being transferred to sister line Pullmantur. She was named Nordic Empress until 2004, when Royal changed her name to Empress of the Seas.

Okay thank you. I did just watch the above video and could see it's an old ship.

This was the first I've heard the name so I was curious .

Just got the email this morning about the ship. Looks like they are marketing it more as a party ship, which is not normally my preference, but there are times when later port stays or more pool parties might be appealing. Certainly add balance to the family oriented cruise line some people throw in your face when you ask about adult only areas or activities.

Here you go! Keep in mind you are looking over the front of the ship

Thanks for this video. He walked right past the cabin I booked this morning for a May sailing.

I noticed an exit door at the end of the long hallway. From other photos I have seen of the ship it looks like you might have access to the a public area on the bow of the ship

We booked the RS for the May 28th sailing, which is on the other side of where this video was shot. From the video, it looks like there is no access for passengers to the bow as it is all equipment.

Sorry I did not mean the actual bow I meant most forward bow area on deck 7. You can see what I mean in this photo I found. Deck 7 and 8 appear to have a public area. Does anyone know?

empress_5.jpg

Edited by emmy