New Princess Beds

raider23

Hello all,

Does anyone know if a schedule exists for rolling out the new Princess Luxury Beds? We wil be cruising the Grand next spring and wonder if they will be available by then. Thanks in advance for any help!

Mattress's onboard are a crap shoot......

They are replaced on an ongoing basis. Some on CC said that they were replaced during drydock on the Emerald but after posts by people onboard after the drydock they said the mattress's are still the old ones.

They are to be rolled out by 2018, so it will take some time.

This is the "schedule"

http://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/princess-luxury-bed/?utm_campaign=PE5MS116B_US&utm_medium=email&utm_source=Eloqua&utm_source=BRAND&utm_medium=EMAIL&utm_campaign=SHIPNEWS&utm_content=PE5MS116B_516B&elqTrackId=734e06f27e4643edbe4d3579ef6119a0&elq=9120d8c5c237408e845577e8e8812bc4&elqCampaignId=1345&elqaid=1475&elqat=1

The Princess Luxury Bed will debut on board Ruby Princess, Emerald Princess and Coral Princess in February 2016, followed by Sun Princess (Apr 2016), Grand Princess (Dec 2016), Caribbean Princess (Mar 2017 , Golden Princess (Apr 2017 , Pacific Princess (May 2017), Sea Princess and Star Princess (Nov 2017), Royal Princess (Feb 2018 , Sapphire Princess (Mar 2018 , Regal Princess (Apr 2018 , Crown Princess (Apr 2018 and Island Princess (Apr 2018. Please note this schedule is subject to change.

Edited by AdrenalineRush

This is the "schedule"

http://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/princess-luxury-bed/?utm_campaign=PE5MS116B_US&utm_medium=email&utm_source=Eloqua&utm_source=BRAND&utm_medium=EMAIL&utm_campaign=SHIPNEWS&utm_content=PE5MS116B_516B&elqTrackId=734e06f27e4643edbe4d3579ef6119a0&elq=9120d8c5c237408e845577e8e8812bc4&elqCampaignId=1345&elqaid=1475&elqat=1

The Princess Luxury Bed will debut on board Ruby Princess, Emerald Princess and Coral Princess in February 2016, followed by Sun Princess (Apr 2016), Grand Princess (Dec 2016), Caribbean Princess (Mar 2017 , Golden Princess (Apr 2017 , Pacific Princess (May 2017), Sea Princess and Star Princess (Nov 2017), Royal Princess (Feb 2018 , Sapphire Princess (Mar 2018 , Regal Princess (Apr 2018 , Crown Princess (Apr 2018 and Island Princess (Apr 2018. Please note this schedule is subject to change.

lol we have a cruise on the Golden booked for Apr 17, how much you want to bet the roll out is the cruise after :rolleyes:

This is the "schedule"

It was reported that the Emerald had the new beds installed during the recent drydock to add SHARE. I wonder if the Ruby also had them installed?

Hello all,

Does anyone know if a schedule exists for rolling out the new Princess Luxury Beds? We wil be cruising the Grand next spring and wonder if they will be available by then. Thanks in advance for any help!

If you mattress is really awful, you can ask that they replace it. We did this once, they have extra on board. Not the new ones probably but good to replace if you have one with a whole or some other problem.

P.S. Not sure what line we were on when we got a replacement... we cruise Princess the most, HAL, Celebrity and Cunard. Could have been any of these lines.

My advice is take with you, the readily available "Egg Carton" Mattress topper, clean...yours..and at about $60/$80, well worth it, so light and easy to transport in a separate bag,and makes even the most uncomfortable bed ,very bearable... I have taken this on all lengthy Princess Cruises for years...and usually just leave it behind, a small price to pay... Enjoy...

Hello all,

The Grand is scheduled for dry dock in December 2016 so will be receiving new mattresses then, at least that is what we were told. We ordered a bed topper on our sailing earlier this month. Those that did not were complaining there was a big ditch in the middle of the two mattresses they placed together. Ours wasn't bad with the topper but not that great either. We are certainly looking forward to new mattresses on Princess. They are currently amongst the most uncomfortable mattresses on any cruise line without the topper.

• 10 months later...

We are on the Emerald again in April 2017. I hope Princess is listening. After 20 odd cruises on Princess, my biggest complaint has and is the "mattresses". Not to bad when in twin configuration, but rolling to the middle when the mattresses are joined got real old, real quick, on our last 28 day cruise on Emerald. When you stop and think about it, this should be very high priority; Advertising it, and making a big deal about it, is fine; taking your time rolling it out is not smart business. Once you set a level of expectation with your customers, you should break speed records getting the product to them. I'm a bit "pissed" that they decided to implement this as part of the Club Class thing. If I had known this was coming I would have probably opted for it. Being Elite isn't what it used to be. The Mini Suites on the Grand Class and Crown Class ships have those extended balconies that my spouse and i don't care for, so we always avoid them. How about notifying your elite customers of it coming ? It would be better received. That's it Princess, piss off your Elite Customers ! While I'm at it, I think who ever is responsible for the Princess practice of keeping planning details secret until the last minute (just try to find out details on any cruise you have questions on) should be fired. I called Princess to find out if the new beds would be installed by April 2017; you can guess the answer !

We are on the Emerald again in April 2017. I hope Princess is listening. After 20 odd cruises on Princess, my biggest complaint has and is the "mattresses". Not to bad when in twin configuration, but rolling to the middle when the mattresses are joined got real old, real quick, on our last 28 day cruise on Emerald. When you stop and think about it, this should be very high priority; Advertising it, and making a big deal about it, is fine; taking your time rolling it out is not smart business. Once you set a level of expectation with your customers, you should break speed records getting the product to them. I'm a bit "pissed" that they decided to implement this as part of the Club Class thing. If I had known this was coming I would have probably opted for it. Being Elite isn't what it used to be. The Mini Suites on the Grand Class and Crown Class ships have those extended balconies that my spouse and i don't care for, so we always avoid them. How about notifying your elite customers of it coming ? It would be better received. That's it Princess, piss off your Elite Customers ! While I'm at it, I think who ever is responsible for the Princess practice of keeping planning details secret until the last minute (just try to find out details on any cruise you have questions on) should be fired. I called Princess to find out if the new beds would be installed by April 2017; you can guess the answer !

I'm confused... I thought Emerald received the new mattresses during its' dry dock last December? My parents were on in January and said they had the new beds.

I'm confused... I thought Emerald received the new mattresses during its' dry dock last December? My parents were on in January and said they had the new beds.

We were on the Emerald last May 2016. We already had the new beds. it was really different and comfortable for us.

Edited by easyboy

This may sound like a silly question but the Princess representative told me they push two twin beds together to form a queen size width. According to mattress dimensions, two twin beds pushed together have the width of a King size. Maybe the beds are European and sized differently ??

Either a queen or king is fine with us but now I am curious. :confused:

This may sound like a silly question but the Princess representative told me they push two twin beds together to form a queen size width. According to mattress dimensions, two twin beds pushed together have the width of a King size. Maybe the beds are European and sized differently ??

Either a queen or king is fine with us but now I am curious. :confused:

Always seems smaller then a king to us.

Never measured them and don't plan on it any time soon.

We sleep in a regular King at home, no way are those 2 pushed together the equal! We always laugh about sleeping cozier on the ships, then back home feels like a huge distance between us! Their mattress topper really helps the comfort level!

Happy Sailing!