Doing a b2b and your thoughts

NOSaints1

So never done one, but just wondering how many have you done one, your thoughts, what ship did you do it on, do they do anything for you special and how it all works and where did you go?

We like B2Bs because we like fourteen night Cruises. We have to have the same cabin for both legs of the Cruises, and the itineraries have to be different for each of the legs. On our B2B Cruises on our turn around day the ship had a special lunch for those doing a B2B. We've done different ships and Cruise lines.

Edited by davekathy

We just did a B2B and loved it. It gave us lost of time to meet the outstanding crew. they were all so kind and welcoming. We were also offered 25 % off any drink package for the second leg of our trip. It made it worthwhile and so we took advantage of it.

I would highly recommend B2B cruises.

So never done one, but just wondering how many have you done one, your thoughts, what ship did you do it on, do they do anything for you special and how it all works and where did you go?

You will meet in a specific lounge with the others doing a B2B and just follow there lead.

We just did a B2B and loved it. It gave us lost of time to meet the outstanding crew. they were all so kind and welcoming. We were also offered 25 % off any drink package for the second leg of our trip. It made it worthwhile and so we took advantage of it.

I would highly recommend B2B cruises.

Was this in advance or when you were on the cruise?

Not every ship does the luncheon. You will be given instructions a couple of days prior to the end of first cruise as to specific details on turnaround. Each ship does it differently at times. You can go back to your room anytime during the day.

Yes all benefits start over. Each cruise is self contained in all respects.

B-2-B is the only way we go now, as long as the 2nd week itinerary is different. We do get off the ship on turn around day to see some sights, pick up a few supplies, also by get off the ship you do avoid any delays getting back on the ship that happens from time to time.

I have done several back to backs out of many different ports, and each ship tends to do it a bit different. Some have a lunch, some don't, and some do only if a certain amount of people do a back to back.

It is usually a pretty easy process, but you do have to figure on spending part of the morning meeting in a lounge, going through customs, and getting back on the ship. usually you are only off the ship for a short time.

It is best if you can keep your same stateroom, but if you have to move you will have to pack your things in your suitcase or leave on hangers and the crew will move it for you. You will not have to take it off the ship.

Would you prefer a b2b or a cruise equals to those days or around say like 10,11?

I would prefer a single cruise equal to (or longer) than the length of the B2B. If it's a single cruise, the entertainment and menus (up to 14 days) will be different.

The plus of a single cruise of 10-12 days is you would be visiting all different ports during the cruise. Of course on some B2B cruises of equal length (5/5, 7/7 or even a 5/4, 6/8) there may be some changes in the itinerary so that all ports of call are not the same. When you do a B2B Eastern, Western Caribbean itin, you have all different ports except for the embarkation port. However to many B2B cruisers where there is not a major change in ports the main attraction is just to enjoy the cruise and ship, not so much the particular ports of call.

Ditto to what Bob said about menus and entertainment,

Edited by BillB48

Would you prefer a b2b or a cruise equals to those days or around say like 10,11?
I also prefer a single cruise as I consider turnaround day a waste of time. WHY? Breakfast is crappy, no room service(on RCI), have to get of and on the ship in some ports, have to attend another muster drill, etc. I try to avoid B2B's unless on repositioning cruises. that being said I'm booked on a B2B2B this fall!:eek: Edited by FLACRUISER99

I also prefer a single cruise as I consider turnaround day a waste of time. WHY? Breakfast is crappy, no room service(on RCI), have to get of and on the ship in some ports, have to attend another muster drill, etc. I try to avoid B2B's unless on repositioning cruises. that being said I'm booked on a B2B2B this fall!:eek:

Living in S. Florida (as we do) a B2B isn't as attractive as for those who have to fly into the city of departure and would want to maximize the expense of their flight costs, especially for some flying in from Europe, for example.

Yet, we still would like to do a B2B. For use it might be for us to fly to Europe and spend a few days on land. Then take a Med cruise and the second leg of a B2B be the TA back to S. Florida on that ship. That would make it a one way flight and a leisurely trip sailing back home.

Living in S. Florida (as we do) a B2B isn't as attractive as for those who have to fly into the city of departure and would want to maximize the expense of their flight costs, especially for some flying in from Europe, for example.

Yet, we still would like to do a B2B. For use it might be for us to fly to Europe and spend a few days on land. Then take a Med cruise and the second leg of a B2B be the TA back to S. Florida on that ship. That would make it a one way flight and a leisurely trip sailing back home.

Ditto to that! Same situation here and would love to do the same on a European trip. :)

We are finally doing our first B2B on our southbound/northbound turn around in Alaska. Sure same ports, but at least we are not dealing with Vancouver immigration. Not a fan of their system there.

Edited by island lady

Ditto to that! Same situation here and would love to do the same on a European trip. :)

We are finally doing our first B2B on our southbound/northbound turn around in Alaska. Sure same ports, but at least we are not dealing with Vancouver immigration. Not a fan of their system there.

I hate to disappoint you but you will be dealing with Vancouver immigration.

We booked a TA, and decided since we are paying to fly to Europe lets extend it, So visiting family in Finland, (who I never meant) then doing a Norway Fjords cruise, before the TA. Since the Norway cruise was a after thought, we have a different cabin (but right next door)

Also interested on knowing ship that offered drink package at reduced rate for 2nd trip. Would be nice our 2nd leg is 17 days and many sea days

We love B2B's because of the length of the cruise. We preferred the single cruise for the reasons Bob and others have stated but the demographics on the longer cruises is definitely MUCH older. The repeating shows and menus don't really bother us because we have the attitude that if we miss something we will have a chance to try it or do it the next week. I find the turn around process and repeat of day one to be a little tedious but we enjoy seeing the luggage in the halls after week one and knowing their vacation is over and we get another week. We have also figured out that we prefer to get off of the ship in the morning and do something in port to avoid the waiting to get off and back on.