Embarkation on the Pride

Chillaxx46

So we've cruised the pride several times since it arrived in Baltimore, however we haven't been on her in over a year. But we are leaving sunday!

One question that we seem to be tossing around a lot this year is this. What time should we get to the port. The time to arrive has changed a lot over the past few years so we are just wondering. We however can see the port from our apartment building so, we don't want to arrive too early and just sit in the loading area but we don't want to arrive too late because we do like to have time on the boat before it leaves. So my question is what is a good time to get there. We don't want to wait in line forever (yes i know we are going to have to wait). We were thinking 130, but we don't know if thats too early.

I sound like I've never cruised before, but now that we no longer have to drive 45 minutes to the port(we recently moved into Baltimore city), we don't know when to arrive!

Thank you for your help!

Would arrive around 11:00, usually no wait to register, you will be seated in first group after FTTF to board, usually 12:30 should board the ship. That way you can go straight to lunch, after finish eating cabin will be ready. Soon after luggage will arrive.

We cruise on the Pride every year. Some years we have gotten on between 12:30 and 1. But there have been other times it was after 1:30, one time after 3. :mad: This past Sept., people were stopped and held out of the terminal for awhile because of seating. Just never know.

If you do not want to wait, get there around 2:30.

I have read something on CC about staggered boarding, do not know if this is happening at Baltimore, if it is, it should have shown up when you did your check-in.

Have a great cruise.

Since you live in Baltimore I would monitor one of the ship tracking website and determine the arrival time, which is often delayed in the winter. If you are priority or FTTF you don't have staggered boarding. So living in Baltimore I would base my arrival at the port three hours after the ship docks. Which gives the ship time to unload.

11 am arrival with 1230 boarding time is pretty accurate. I would agree with the previous poster , that's pretty much what we did this past spring

We have sailed Pride out of Baltimore three times, most recently this past October. I agree with these times. Even with FTTF, we still usually had to wait that 1 1/2 hour to board at 12:30. However, as I looked at the parking lot and gangway at just before 2:00 pm, we may change our approach. There were barely any incoming passengers at the 2:00 time - it looked like walk-up, walk-in. Since we know (and like) the ship well and no longer have that same thrill of exploring a new ship on arrival, we are seriously considering 2:00 arrivals for the future.

Edited by natty bumppo

Thank you all for your help. I think that because we have been on the ship so many times we are leaning towards getting on the ship at 2. We just didn't know how crowded it would be around that time. It sure is going to be difficult to wait to get on until 2 when we can see her from where we live!

Per Retiredgram: I have read something on CC about staggered boarding, do not know if this is happening at Baltimore, if it is, it should have shown up when you did your check-in.

The staggered boarding is not for the Port of Baltimore :) I think Carnival needs to be a little clearer when they send out a boarding email.

Staggered Check-In is a pilot currently being conducted on ships sailing from Galveston, Texas. Staggered Check-In will be rolled out to ships sailing from New Orleans, Louisiana, commencing with the following cruise departures:

· Carnival Elation, 1/23/2016 and onwards

· Carnival Dream, 1/24/2016 and onwards

Edited by cruzqueen518

Per Retiredgram: I have read something on CC about staggered boarding, do not know if this is happening at Baltimore, if it is, it should have shown up when you did your check-in.

The staggered boarding is not for the Port of Baltimore :) I think Carnival needs to be a little clearer when they send out a boarding email.

Staggered Check-In is a pilot currently being conducted on ships sailing from Galveston, Texas. Staggered Check-In will be rolled out to ships sailing from New Orleans, Louisiana, commencing with the following cruise departures:

· Carnival Elation, 1/23/2016 and onwards

· Carnival Dream, 1/24/2016 and onwards

You are correct in terms of where it is and which port is up next. On your comment of it not being for Baltimore, I thought just the opposite. I think Baltimore and Long Beach are perfect candidates which ports could be next. Fairly small embarkation areas and a lot of back up with those getting off and those getting on.

• 2 weeks later...

So what time did you end up getting there? We are departing February 20 and driving down that morning from Boston. (We have a back-up plan with a hotel registration the night before in case any bad weather is heading our way for saturday.) We don't have FTTF and our cabins haven't been assigned yet. We haven't cruised on the Pride before so don't mind wandering around the ship for awhile.

Baltimore is not yet doing the staggered embarkation like in Glaverston.

The times are not enforced.

We just returned on the Pride. Parking lot opens at 10:00 (though, previous sailing was late, so the lot opened late for us), and boarding starts between 11:30 and 12:00 (if there are no delays; we boarded around 1:00 with FTTF).

• 3 weeks later...

Was on the Pride in Sept...was told to be there around noon. The wait was terrible!! Got there at noon and did not get onboard until 3!! Before when arriving at noon we were eating with DOD in hand by 1pm!! Since they are telling you when to be there the wait has been bad I think.